THE BROWNS BOARD

Great Way to watch Browns games for out of towners

jrb12711

So I've been going back and forth on getting NFL sunday ticket for a while now. For those who don't know, you can get the package without DirectTV but it's about $300.00. I stumbled across this however:

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniversary-Edition-Sunday-Playstation-3/dp/B00CF7KVGE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378405457&sr=8-1&keywords=madden+25+anniversary+ps3

Basically, for $100 you get a Madden video game and a 17 week trial to Sunday ticket. The 'catch' if you will is that this is strictly for computers, tablets and mobile devices. But for those who are even remotely tech savvy, it's pretty easy to hook up a laptop to a TV. The video game for those who don't want it will easily net you $35-45 bucks depending where you sell it. So all in all assuming you sell the game you're getting sunday ticket for around $60 bucks. You can't beat that!

I ordered this today and will get it tomorrow. I'll make sure to post back here and let everyone know if it all works well. I've seen numerous postings and etc saying it works great though.

central ohio market gets to watch Browns on network this week. thank Christ

In NC I'm lucky to MAYBE get 1 browns game on the TV each season. I mean it's not like I don't understand but going to a bar every Sunday when the team is usually terrible gets old. It would suck to be in that area of Ohio though and not get the games though.

How do you get Sunday ticket for $300 without direct tv? Would definitely like to know for next year, the mobile device thing has been sucking bad the past couple years, freezes up every ten minutes or so

From what I understand it's technically DirectTv policy that Sunday Ticket is offered without a subscription. It would mostly be streaming (i.e. on phones, computers, tablets). However, there are some hardware devices including the PS3 and smart tv's that have a sunday ticket application. According to those who use it these applications are a lot smoother than on a typical computer but I can't personally say. It will still be dependent on your internet connection though.

From what I understand it's technically DirectTv policy that Sunday Ticket is offered without a subscription. It would mostly be streaming (i.e. on phones, computers, tablets). However, there are some hardware devices including the PS3 and smart tv's that have a sunday ticket application. According to those who use it these applications are a lot smoother than on a typical computer but I can't personally say. It will still be dependent on your internet connection though.

do you know if smartvs need preinstalled software to receive HD video output from a Kindle Fire via its' Micro-HDMI (micro-D connector) port ? I am too lazy to check it out myself. thanx

do you know if smartvs need preinstalled software to receive HD video output from a Kindle Fire via its' Micro-HDMI (micro-D connector) port ? I am too lazy to check it out myself. thanx

it should just come up as an input source on your tv. Not sure how the resolution will look from that to your tv.

I took advantage of this offer. Great deal! Kids love Madden '25 too! The resolution is very good but quality is very much dependent on the speed of your internet connection. Note though that this allows you to stream to computers and tablets but NOT to the PS3 as the regular sunday ticket streaming does.

So I've been going back and forth on getting NFL sunday ticket for a while now. For those who don't know, you can get the package without DirectTV but it's about $300.00. I stumbled across this however:

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-Anniversary-Edition-Sunday-Playstation-3/dp/B00CF7KVGE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378405457&sr=8-1&keywords=madden+25+anniversary+ps3

Basically, for $100 you get a Madden video game and a 17 week trial to Sunday ticket. The 'catch' if you will is that this is strictly for computers, tablets and mobile devices. But for those who are even remotely tech savvy, it's pretty easy to hook up a laptop to a TV. The video game for those who don't want it will easily net you $35-45 bucks depending where you sell it. So all in all assuming you sell the game you're getting sunday ticket for around $60 bucks. You can't beat that!

I ordered this today and will get it tomorrow. I'll make sure to post back here and let everyone know if it all works well. I've seen numerous postings and etc saying it works great though.

Actually if you do not open the game from its shrink rap, then you can sell it for almost full price on a website called Glyde. Glyde allows you to buy used games less than you would from stores and sell them for more than stores will give you, but if you have a brand new game it also gives you the option to sell those and for full price. You lose around 3 bucks from the envelope they send you to ship the game and from what they take as a fee to run the site. You should be able to get back at least $50 bucks.

I get DTV, record the game, then about an hour after its started, start watching the DVR.... That way, no commercials. This costs $200 to $300......

Now, if money was a problem, I'd take NFL Rewind I think its called which has the games played back later in the day - I think late Sunday night. NFL.com for $70.

Maybe not.

Amazon: Currently unavailable.

We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Oh dang sorry to hear that. For those who might have ordered this it worked well enough. My internet is really strong here but I don't have the best computer. it still was right on time and the equivalent of 480p quality. I spent $25 bucks on a cable that connects the audio and video to my T.V. as well so I was watching on the big screen. I'd recommend maybe trying Craigslist cause im sure someone is selling it.

Actually if you do not open the game from its shrink rap, then you can sell it for almost full price on a website called Glyde. Glyde allows you to buy used games less than you would from stores and sell them for more than stores will give you, but if you have a brand new game it also gives you the option to sell those and for full price. You lose around 3 bucks from the envelope they send you to ship the game and from what they take as a fee to run the site. You should be able to get back at least $50 bucks.

I wish but unfortunately the code was inside the game so I had to open it. I'm about to sell it on Craigslist though for $45 bucks cash so I can't complain.

i wouldn't pay to watch the browns now if some little coonie knocked on the door and offered it at 1/2 price on her knees sucking the schlong.

in her mind it's good to know you'll have to puke every 16 sundays out of the year, and not 58 weeks.

I purchased the game but when I called, I was told that I still have to purchase a regular subscription and that I cannot get the online service because directTV is offered in my area. I thought the whole point of purchasing the game was to be able to watch the games online? This seems like a scam to me. Did you guys have this same problem?

Archived