THE BROWNS BOARD

best indie, european movie?

miktoxic

so i was a big fan of netflix until a couple of years ago when irealized i could stream everything they offered on physical dvds for 1/2 the price.

BUT meanwhile, while i had the dvd package i got to see some very different and subjective movies that i might not have ever seen.

i got into to the old italian 'giallo' movies. became a huge fan of dario argento with his use of colors. swedish, danish and soth american directors. so i'd like to share a couple of movies that i've seen along to you guys so you might experience some thing s you might never have seen without given the word:

1) Tell No One

Directed by: Guillaume Canet

2) The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

Directed by Tommy lee Jones

3) Read My Lips

Director:

Jacques Audiard

great movies to check out.

let me know what you think.

here are two more you should enjoy:

Gomorrah (2008) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt0929425/

Rating: 7/10 - ‎28,802 votes
An inside look at Italy's modern-day crime families. ... Favorite Gangster Films ..... the Camorras, an ominous mafia organization with a tight grip on Naples, Italy.

Polisse (2011) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt1661420

Gomorrah (2008) - IMDb

An inside look at Italy's modern-day crime families. ... Favorite Gangster Films ..... the Camorras, an ominous mafia organization with a tight grip on Naples, Italy.

Polisse (2011) - IMDb

Gomorrah (2008) - IMDb

Polisse (2011) - IMDb

it's crazy what people are putting out there film-wise nowadays. i love horror movies but can't stand the bullshit non-story realistic genre where the people are all of a sudden dragged by an invisible force across the room. i find it utterly boring and the 'cheap trick' to get stoops to be scared. my girl jumps all the time(stoop) while i find it pitiful. but i can't watch torture films like hostel. sorry. i end up screaming at the characters who find themselves in that situation, blaming the whole incident on their stoooooopidness. like "DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR!" or "WHAT ARE YOU STOOPID DON'T STOP THE CAR THERE, RIDE ON THOSE TIRES TILL YOU SEE FLAMES POPPIN FROM THE REARVIEW!"

on the other hand i had a chance to see some of the most disturbing movies i have ever seen. movies that if you didn't believe in the freedoms we have in this country should be burned or highly acclaimed, depending on which side of the aisle you are sitting on.

the movie 'anitchrist' with william dafoe was one of those. beautiful move with great cinematography A+++++, but what happens in the movie still makes me urrrp when i think about it. the 'human centipede' is another though i found that more funny than anything else BUT.... 'A SERBIAN FILM'.....i don't know if you could handle it my friend. utterly repulsive.

Archived