THE BROWNS BOARD

Cut Cousins

USFBrown

Cousins, Weeden, and Schwartz had nightmare days. Greg Little was pretty nonexistent so the talk about not getting separation may be real.

Yes. Those guys sucked. I have the distinct feeling we would have scored more points with any other guard in the NFL starting at RG and Campbell starting at Qb.

Z

Campbell, Z? Really???

On Cousins... can't cut him unless we find that stash of dime-a-dozen O-linemen we are always being told about... but does not mean we should start him again.

Agree with putting Gilkey on left and Grecco back on the right side...

Also TR and Ogbo need some blocking lessons.

Campbell, Z? Really???

On Cousins... can't cut him unless we find that stash of dime-a-dozen O-linemen we are always being told about... but does not mean we should start him again.

Agree with putting Gilkey on left and Grecco back on the right side...

Also TR and Ogbo need some blocking lessons.

Do you think Cambell would have played worst than Weeden?

Honestly, Campbell didnt' play worse as a a rookie with the Redskins than Weeden did today.

Z

I was glad when they FINALLY cut him, only to bring him back and I have no clue why. There's got to be better options out there. He's like the psycho girlfriend, you know you gotta get rid of the bitch but no matter how hard you try you can't. I wonder if he's blackmailing somebody on the staff or F.O.......LMAO

Seriously, even if Gilkey is no better, at least he's got some brute strength, so as not to get run over like Cousins did, and he's young enough and inexperienced enough that he actually has some upside - Cousins is as good as he's going to get, and it isn't good enough. Agree that moving Greco to RG might be sensible, to help Schwartz out and hide Cousins/Gilkey between two pro-bowl players.

The same principal applies also to Weeden, for my money. He may be no better than Campbell right now, but Campbell is as good as he can be, Weeden clearly has room to improve and people capable of improving him. At the very least he becomes a backup QB, or perhaps even trade bait.

Archived