THE BROWNS BOARD

The 2012 Little Returns in Week 3

Tour2ma

Gordon makes Little better... period...

Not sure why... competition? Regardless it was easy to spot it happening last year. Fewer drops... more profesionalism (i.e., less hot dog shit)...

It was not all on him, but we saw a little of the 2011 Little reappear in Week 1... I expect more in week 2...

But then it will get better....

I promise...

Little is a bit of an enigma. The guy has decent top end speed but almost zero burst. Hes fun to watch after the catch but he has to catch it first. Hes an excellent run blocking reciever but we almost never get to see him in action due to the lack of second level perimeter runs we pull off. I think his ultimate roll in the NFL would be as a TE/WR3 hybrid in the mold of the infamous Aaron Hernandez.

Little is a bit of an enigma. The guy has decent top end speed but almost zero burst. Hes fun to watch after the catch but he has to catch it first. Hes an excellent run blocking reciever but we almost never get to see him in action due to the lack of second level perimeter runs we pull off. I think his ultimate roll in the NFL would be as a TE/WR3 hybrid in the mold of the infamous Aaron Hernandez.

Perhaps as a full back? Good blocker, good with ball in hands, sounds almost like he's a RB! Oh wait.

Actually, if we managed to get our hands on a genuine quality WR in the offseason to complement Gordon, I wouldn't mind seeing someone of little's size and ability playing FB.

I wouldn't necessarilly want him lead blocking linebackers now but I like my fullbacks to be excellent blockers. If you're gonna have a FB on the field instead of another playmaker he better be able to be a dominant blocker. Put him in the slot or right off Cameron so he can block nickle corners or safeties.

This is why their decision to put Ogbannaya at FB and have him out there as much as he was baffles me.

Little's drop percentages

2013 Week 1: 20% (I'd say 10% but source says different)

2012: 6.52%

2011: 9.92%

I think the Gordon influence is pretty clear.

While 6.5% ain't golden there were an awful lot of "top" WR names with season drops percentages of 5 and 6%... including:

Victor Cruz

Julio Jones

Andre Johnson

Davon Bess...

I wouldn't necessarilly want him lead blocking linebackers now but I like my fullbacks to be excellent blockers. If you're gonna have a FB on the field instead of another playmaker he better be able to be a dominant blocker. Put him in the slot or right off Cameron so he can block nickle corners or safeties.

This is why their decision to put Ogbannaya at FB and have him out there as much as he was baffles me.

Because their idea of a FB isn't the same as yours. Turner uses RB/FB's. Guys who are solid enough blockers but also are good with the ball in their hands.

Gone are the days of pure blocking FB's. They are finding roster spots harder to come by.

Archived