THE BROWNS BOARD

Mingo cleared for contact

HowieDawg

As per ESPN Cleveland a few minutes ago, Barkevious Mingo is cleared to play and sources say we will get our first look at him Vs Ravens.

I'm sure someone will post the details.

I for one am prepared to give our first round rookie a few games before calling him a bust.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/16/training-camp-tour-thoughts/

This article by Peter King got me pumped to watch Mingo. He said he was the best rookie he saw after going to all 32 camps this offseason. Let's hope that becomes true starting Sunday.

I for one am prepared to give our first round rookie a few games before calling him a bust.

Dude, "a few games," "bust." Give me a break...

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/08/16/training-camp-tour-thoughts/

This article by Peter King got me pumped to watch Mingo. He said he was the best rookie he saw after going to all 32 camps this offseason. Let's hope that becomes true starting Sunday.

I believe he was being sarcastic, with the other "Mingo was a wasted pick" thread in mind.

Zombo

Absolutely something to be excited about. The coaches and brass feel strongly they got the best defensive player in the draft and Peter King agrees. A true "quick twitch" edge rusher, the second most valuable player in football.

I thought our pass rush sort of petered out in the second half. Kruger's a very good LS pass rusher but I just don't see Sheard as a real terror against good left tackles... one of the reasons he's been a LDE his entire career, college and pro. He does NOT have Mingo's explosion. They're very different players.

Any word on Rubin? Our Front 7 is shaping up to be the clear strength of the team (hey, not that long ago it was also the OL, top five and all that). I'd like to see Flacco under heat all day.

I'll feel better about the offense in week three, with Lauvao and Gordon back. Right now, it's a little scary.

I thought our pass rush sort of petered out in the second half

The 85 yard, 5 minute Miami drive to start the 4th quarter gassed the defense. ratbirds experienced the same problem in the Denver loss. they looked like a different team in second half. For the Browns I've got to believe it is a conditioning issue. the ratbirds succumbed to the rarefied Colorado air.

I wonder if I searched how many posts of years gone by I'd find here telling Peter King, "go fuck yourself... you know nothing piece of shit."

Eager to see Mingo.. and King has zero to do with it.

Absolutely something to be excited about. The coaches and brass feel strongly they got the best defensive player in the draft and Peter King agrees. A true "quick twitch" edge rusher, the second most valuable player in football.

I'll feel better about the offense in week three, with Lauvao and Gordon back. Right now, it's a little scary.

Absolutely on the Offense in week 3... but our O-line was never a "strength" except in the minds of a few. Not deep enough...

can't wait to see mingo.

to the point of the conditioning issue. i saw a lot of defenses that were gasping for air in the second half of games on sunday.

i know the importance is on strength but don't these guys do cardio as well?

325 lb linemen are always gassed

Thus the importance of depth in the front 7... which we have... and Mingo will add to...

If our front gets "gassed", it's on the staff not setting up a proper rotation... including faked injuries if need be.

new23 you misread me, I was sarcasticly remarking that some people here on this board are willing to give up on him before he plays a competitive down - I'm not one of them - I pumped to see what he can do for us

can't wait to see mingo.

to the point of the conditioning issue. i saw a lot of defenses that were gasping for air in the second half of games on sunday.

i know the importance is on strength but don't these guys do cardio as well?

With the new CBA the players can't practice like they used to. It's going to take them longer to get into football shape now.

With the new CBA the players can't practice like they used to. It's going to take them longer to get into football shape now.

Which seems contradictory to the way rookie QBs are stepping in and being expected to start week 1. I guess it's up to the player themselves to get up to speed where possible on their own. Like the OL camp that Schwartz went to - are rookies allowed to do this? Can they get the playbook from the coach ahead of time?

Archived