THE BROWNS BOARD

Various Trivial matters

The Gipper

OK, here is this week's trivia, for any who care to participate.

1. Who was the last quarterback to lead the Browns to a title?

2. Who was the Browns leading rusher the year before they acquired Jim Brown?

3. In which season did the Browns win their most regular season games?

4. What is the Browns all time record vs. The Ravens?

5. Vinny Testaverde went from being the Browns starting QB in 1995 to being the Ravens QB for two years when that team was formed, and his contract assigned to the newly formed Ravens franchise.

Who succeeded Vinny as the Raven primary starting QB?

6. Even though it was Trent Dilfer who QBed the Ravens in the Super Bowl in 2000, Dilfer was not the primary starting QB for the Ravens that year. Who was? (i.e. someone else started more games and threw for more yards than Dilfer)

7. In 2008 Joe Flacco was the Ravens first round draft pick and Ray Rice was their second round draft pick. Who...familar to Browns fans, was their 3rd round draft pick that year?

8. Eight people who have won the Heisman Trophy have alse been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Simply name the 8 people.

9. Who holds the Browns record for most receiving yards in a game?

10. Who holds the Browns record for most rushing yards in a game?

11. Which NFL team scored 41 points in a game....but lost that game by 31 points?

12. RGIII/Luck/Wilson all had outstanding rookie seasons....but which rookie QB was the last rookie QB to lead the NFL in TD passes?

Bonus: When you combine both regular season and post season games, which NFL team has the highest winning percentage?

Frank Ryan

Marion Motley

1965 with a rec of 12-4

5. Vinny Testaverde went from being the Browns starting QB in 1995 to being the Ravens QB for two years when that team was formed, and his contract assigned to the newly formed Ravens franchise.

Mike Tomscak

6. Even though it was Trent Dilfer who QBed the Ravens in the Super Bowl in 2000, Dilfer was not the primary starting QB for the Ravens that year. Who was? (i.e. someone else started more games and threw for more yards than Dilfer)

Kyle Boller

7. In 2008 Joe Flacco was the Ravens first round draft pick and Ray Rice was their second round draft pick. Who...familar to Browns fans, was their 3rd round draft pick that year?

8. Eight people who have won the Heisman Trophy have alse been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Simply name the 8 people.

Bernie Kosar in the playoffs against the jets...

Leroy Hoard I think...

11. Which NFL team scored 41 points in a game....but lost that game by 31 points?

12. RGIII/Luck/Wilson all had outstanding rookie seasons....but which rookie QB was the last rookie QB to lead the NFL in TD passes?

Bonus: When you combine both regular season and post season games, which NFL team has the highest winning percentage?

Ryan

10-16

Scott Mitchell

Banks

Grange, Hornung, Elway, Staubach, Marino, Campbell (earl), Barry Sanders

Warfield

Jerome Harrison

Bears

Marino

Cowboys

Was Paul Kruger that third round pick?

And the all time rusher is someone who didn't get brought back the next year, just recently, right? Had a ton of yards over the last four games?

EDIT: Right, Jerome Harrison!!

286 yards against the Chiefs in 2009. 3rd best single game rushing yards behind AP and J Lewis

Frank Ryan

Check

Marion Motley

NO

1965 with a rec of 12-4

NO

Mike Tomscak

NO

Kyle Boller

NO

Bernie Kosar in the playoffs against the jets...

KOSAR is a QB, so NO

Leroy Hoard I think... NO

Ryan Check

1986 NO

10-16 NO

Scott Mitchell NO

Banks Check

Grange, Hornung, Elway, Staubach, Marino, Campbell (earl), Barry Sanders

Grange played before the Heisman was awarded. Elway and Marino did not win it.

Warfield NO

Jerome Harrison Check

Bears NO

Marino NO

Cowboys NO

I CARE....

Dr. Frank Ryan

Preston Carpenter.... he moved to WR when Brown came to the team.... and was a decent WR...

The '48 AAFC Browns won 14... As for the NFL, the '86 edition Kardiac Kids' 12 is tops...

twice a year for 14 years (except maybe the lockout year?)... say 27 games...

I'll guess 6 - 21

Jim Harbaugh

Tony Banks

???

Paul Hornung - Roger Stabach - O.J. Simpson - Marcus Allen - Earl Campbell - and 3 other guys

Gonna guess Ozzie... I think he got close to 200 once...

Harrison and his near-300-yard, miracle game...

???

Marino?

I'd guess Baltimore Ravens.

I CARE....

Dr. Frank Ryan Check

Preston Carpenter.... he moved to WR when Brown came to the team.... and was a decent WR...

Check

The '48 AAFC Browns won 14... As for the NFL, the '86 edition Kardiac Kids' 12 is tops...

Check...on both

twice a year for 14 years (except maybe the lockout year?)... say 27 games...

I'll guess 6 - 21

Close enough. One off (a little light on your math?: 2 times 14=27?

Jim Harbaugh Check

Tony Banks

Check

???

Paul Hornung - Roger Stabach - O.J. Simpson - Marcus Allen - Earl Campbell - and 3 other guys

These are all correct

Gonna guess Ozzie... I think he got close to 200 once...Check

Harrison and his near-300-yard, miracle game... Check

???

Marino? NO

I'd guess Baltimore Ravens. NO

Interim Report: Questions not answered:

8. Six of the eight Heisman winners who are in the PFHOF were named. Who are the other two besides OJ/Staubach/Hornung/Campbell/Allen/Sanders?

11. Which NFL team scored 41 points in a game only to lose by 31 pts.?

12. Who was the last rookie QB to lead the NFL in TD passes?

13. Which team has the best all time combined regular and post season winning pct?

Was the rookie QB "Slingin'" Sammy Baugh?

...and my math is fine thank you... :P ...I deducted one game for the lock-out year... but maybe we played two in division in that bastardized schedule.

Oh... and I thought of a Browns bit of trivia for you, Gip...

Who was the last Brown to "play both ways" for us...

Hint: Kinda a trick question...

Was the rookie QB "Slingin'" Sammy Baugh?

...and my math is fine thank you... :P ...I deducted one game for the lock-out year... but maybe we played two in division in that bastardized schedule.

Oh... and I thought of a Browns bit of trivia for you, Gip...

Who was the last Brown to "play both ways" for us...

Hint: Kinda a trick question...

Spencer Lanning...Punter and Kicker

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Ryan

Preston Carpenter gained 756 yards in 1956

1948 with a 14-0 record. Post merger was the 12 in 1986

7-21...now 7-22

Jim Harbaugh

Tony Banks

Oneil Cousins

OJ Simpson, Roger Staubach, Paul Hornung, Doak Walker, Earl Campbell, Tony Dorsett, Marcus Allen, Barry Sanders

Ozzie Newsome 191 on 10/14/1984

Jerome Henderson 286 yards 12/20/2009

The New York Giants lost a game 72-41 to the Redskins on 11/27/1966

Bob Waterfield of the Cleveland Rams in 1945

The Chicago Bears with a .574 overall win pct

Archived