THE BROWNS BOARD

What it will take for the Browns to be a consistent winner

Adoug319

A mobile Qb. Not a qb who can just scramble when a play breaks down, I'm talking about a big, fast, qb who can also run the read option. Having a qb who can move around is so important, DBs can only cover a receiver for so long. If we have a qb who can extend plays, receiver will get open no matter how bad they are. Yes, you can win without a mobile qb, but we don't have the wide reciver or guard personnel to succeed in that fashion. The game is changing, it's time to add another dimension to this offense next season.

Tahj Boyd anyone?

Are you willing to go 2-14 to get one of those QB's?

We won't need to be that bad. Jags will get a qb, raiders have Pryor, buffalo has ej, jets have geno, Pitt has Big Ben. The only teams that will be near us in the draft that will go for a qb are the jags, then us, then Tampa bay, then maybe the titans.

A coach that has won something in the last ten years. A QB that's not afraid to fail. An OL that can open holes for running and that doesn't give up 5 sacks a week. 2 WR's that can get open AND catch the ball. Another CB that can cover, 2 safety's that can tackle,

About the ONLY thing we don't need is DL and LB

A coach that has won something in the last ten years. A QB that's not afraid to fail. An OL that can open holes for running and that doesn't give up 5 sacks a week. 2 WR's that can get open AND catch the ball. Another CB that can cover, 2 safety's that can tackle,

About the ONLY thing we don't need is DL and LB

next draft and FA period has to be all offense minded in accruing talent...

next draft and FA period has to be all offense minded in accruing talent...

The thing that gets me, is Holmgren was a west coast offensive guy and he NEVER drafted a decent WR. The west coast offense is ALL about the WR's

and don't worry 1000% we are taking best QB availble in next year's draft, which is good bc it's loaded with good ones.

I keep hearing that and yet every time I check one out I am unimpressed. And, yes, that includes Boyd and Bridgewater...

I'm still looking for "the one"...

I keep hearing that and yet every time I check one out I am unimpressed. And, yes, that includes Boyd and Bridgewater...

was Brees the "one" out of college? or Brady, or Russ Wilson, or Kaepernik.

The thing that gets me, is Holmgren was a west coast offensive guy and he NEVER drafted a decent WR. The west coast offense is ALL about the WR's

Yeah,I never understood what the vision was totally...or so I thought...

Exactly, haven't heard one single person with any football credibility say the draft is loaded. If I was drafting #1 I'm taking J. Clowney. You don't take a player in the first 10 picks just based on need alone.

I've always said...and I still think the QB to lead this team will come when least expected and in some obscure way...

I'm ready... put me in, Coach... :)

DE is not a position of need.

And you still have 4 minutes 50 left...

WR,QB,DB and OL should be the focus of next years draft and FA class...

DE is not a position of need.

And you still have 4 minutes 50 left...

No it isn't, but I see Zero qb's worthy of a top pick. Is their a Fitzgerald or Julio Jones that you see in college that screams #1 playmaker, sorry don't see it.

Just because a player is projected to be #1 in his draft for his position don't mean he is worth it. The level of talent at every position goes up or down from year to year.

So If I had the #1 pick I would take clowney and trade away the excess position for more picks if need be. if you follow football and watch how successful teams draft they don't reach on draft picks and find the best talent in the 3rd thru 5th rounds.

Just take a look at all of the top picks we've had and reached on in the first round that should be enough right there to make you start to understand. That's why you take the safe low risk high reward pick of clowney and trade your players or trade down to the level at which you think the player of need is worth the risk.

Sometimes BPA is worth doing even in the first round not just position of need.

Pull it back some chief its still way too early, last year matt Barkley was the cream of the crop early on.

a man of reason.

the newbie has 18 posts and they are all about getting a new QB.

hey junior, how'd kaep do last night with his big strong arm and mobile/getaway ability and all the read option bullshit against a great defense with the best defensive backfield in the league? what did they muster, 3 points? HA!

GTFO.

i want. what i want. i want. what i want.

just cut the shit already. didn't flacco win the super bowl last year? and he's about as mobile as weeden. actually weeden put up better #'s than flacco sunday...-minus the td of course. but blame that on chornivsky. not weeden.

all you guys just want to keep drafting QBs every fucking year, when we don't know how to draft anyways, just to get pissed at him in his second year and call for the next one in line.

shut the fuck up already.

Here is an idea............. Get a head coach that has been a WINNING head coach in the NFL. Since the Browns have returned, they have hired Palmer, Davis, Crennel. Mangini, Shurmur, and Chudzinski. A list of idiots, losers, bad coaches, and deer in the headlights TOOLS!!!!!!!!

Spend the $20 million and get a a PROVEN guy. Dungy, Gruden, Cowher, Parcells, Mariucci, .................someone.....ANYONE, besides these so-called hot assistants. The NFL is not for nice guy coaches. Look at the teams that win, their coaches are jerks, mean, and don't sugar coat ANYTHING. Watch a coach presser for NE, GB, NYG, Stoolers, SF, SEA, DEN, Balt, They don't mince words.

Even Dungy, while he's NICE on TV, his players KNOW they are not allowed to fail.

These assistants don't know how to handle a TEAM. They are to involved with their side of the ball.

I WANT A HEAD COACH

Archived