THE BROWNS BOARD

Turners Offense: Archaic by Shurmurs Standards

nickers

I use to sit here at My desk and laugh everytime I heard a poster whimper about how "Shurmur and Big Show" ran an archaic West Coast Offense last year. Well fans...not much has really changed only, we run the "Don Coryell/Nov Turner" Offense wich is more archaic and does not allow the QB to call pre snap reads and audibles. Also...We have given Weeden WR's that simply cannot seperate...

I remember this was the thing that was gonna cure what ales our offense...Look's as though not much has really changed and,we look even more inept. I'm not gonna put the blame on Weeden solely but put the blame on Jimmy Haslam for A) hiring the team of Dumbanner and Lomtardi, B) Chud, for hiring a dinosaur like Norv who apparently seems to be getting too old or,falling out of touch with todays NFL...Like the descion to have Obi as a blocking back is still mystifying to Me...I think Smelley was by far the better option..at this rate...4 games can be about all we can expect..I suppose we'll get the shiney new running QB next draft..LOL!

not sure what role banner has in this yet. did e miss a FG or something?

Lombardi has more blame then he does.

His biggest flop thus far was lombardi.

Im in total agreement...

One thing for sure, that full house look qualifies as archaic...

Did norv even run that at SD?

wouldnt surprise Me..

I'm not sure where you're going with this but you do realize that, with patchwork offensive line and our #1 receiver still out of the lineup, that calling pre snap audibles would do more harm than good?

I'm assuming from your post that you've never actually played football, because if you had even played pee pee football you'd realize that audibling is something that is reserved for players with a full grasp of the play book and all of the nuances of the offense.

We have a second year QB, second year RB, a glorified rookie WR across from a third year year WR, an OL replete with youngsters guys playing out of position and a rookie HC and new OC installing a fundamentally different offense than what we ran last year, and you're pissed because we're not calling audibles by Week 2?

C'mon man.

I'm not sure where you're going with this but you do realize that, with patchwork offensive line and our #1 receiver still out of the lineup, that calling pre snap audibles would do more harm than good?

I'm assuming from your post that you've never actually played football, because if you had even played pee pee football you'd realize that audibling is something that is reserved for players with a full grasp of the play book and all of the nuances of the offense.

We have a second year QB, second year RB, a glorified rookie WR across from a third year year WR, an OL replete with youngsters guys playing out of position and a rookie HC and new OC installing a fundamentally different offense than what we ran last year, and you're pissed because we're not calling audibles by Week 2?

C'mon man.

All of that has been factored in and yes I played ball when I was younger...And yes Im aware of that...Im just saying Norv flat out doesnt do it...weether he's calling audibles or not is the point...the point Im making is no matter what offense were running...the same problems that have existed,still exists...

C'mon drunk boy...

This week the playcalling was much better, I thought. The lack of receiving weapons was the problem. Little played terrible, Benji did nothing. It will look different when Gordon is out there. You can count on it.

No it wont...him and Luavao will need a month to get back in game shape...atleast lauvao will...

No it wont...him and Luavao will need a month to get back in game shape...atleast lauvao will...

It shouldn't take him that long. He just hasn't practiced in a couple weeks and played in the last preseason game so he should get up to speed pretty quick.

It shouldn't take him that long. He just hasn't practiced in a couple weeks and played in the last preseason game so he should get up to speed pretty quick.

Maybe..I really dont think much is gonna happen till...

A. They get in better synch.

B. Put Little on the bench and start Coop and Bess...and maybe give Gurley a shot...

I'm in favor of Little seeing the bench. Cooper seems to catch everything thrown to him and I liked the little we saw of Gurley last week, dude is freaking huge. Little doesn't get open and cant catch when he is open.

Little actually looks worse than Braylon Edwards at this point...

I'm in favor of seeing Little as Gordon's #2 for a couple weeks.

This week the playcalling was much better, I thought. The lack of receiving weapons was the problem. Little played terrible, Benji did nothing. It will look different when Gordon is out there. You can count on it.

Yup...

Week 1: 13 carries for 47 yds

Week 2: 18 carries for 58 yds

Just how low do you want his productivity to go? His running was simply not effective.

Not saying it's all on him, but his running was not effective.

Never said to give up on the pass...just why abandon the run? #3 overall pick and can't get 20+ carries? And he's asking for more!

After Rices fumble was the play that pissed me off when they didn't run...we were 15 yards from field goal range. They should be running on 1st down about 70 percent of the time.

C'mon man.

Did you see Russell Wilson calling audibles at the line tonight? He's got a back that is fucking deaf and he was changing plays at the line of scrimmage a whopping 18 games into his professional career. Please tell us more about your extensive playing career that ended in high school.

Archived