THE BROWNS BOARD

Is It Too Early To Root For High Draft Pick Yet?

Soju

Jacksonville & Oakland might be the only competition for #1, if Carolina gets it they will go Clowney as would Buffalo. I think the Jets luck out a win or two and finish 6-10.. The skins won't need a QB, Vikings could finish low enough to pull a RG3 type trade and jump everyone for Teddy or Boyd. This team is probably top 5, and might be top 3 so they should have their choice of who they want.. With Lombardi it will be Manziel and the sucking will continue

Teddy has a very quick release, but looks like he would break in half, and looked very average this past weekend against UK.

Saw Boyd week 1 and was not impressed... will look some more.

Did not catch Hundley's act vs. Neb this weekend. He has the size...

I know folks are not crazy about McCarron, neither was I, but he showed me a lot vs A&M this weekend. Seems above average in all the physical attributes and clearly has a head for the game.

My sleeper, Tyler Russell (MSU), may play against Auburn this week. He's been out due to concussion.

Hundley and Manziel are both redshirt sophmores. Gonna be interesting to see if they come out or not. Manziel almost seems like a certainty right now. I just don't see it with McCaron. He has nothing to hang his hat on....just seems above average at everything and in the NFL unless he develops the rarest of rare command of the playbook and pocket presence of Brady or Manning he'll fail.

Winning this season will do more harm than good. We need a great QB in the draft next year to compete. Just endure one more painful season, lose, and set yourself up to win for the next 7-10 years.

Dude, this is the goofiest post that I've seen in years. How can anyone root to lose after two games of a 16 game season? In fact, how can you root to lose at any point of any season? I will never do that- no matter what is on the line.

Obviously, you're not a fan, and certainly not a paying customer.

Dude, this is the goofiest post that I've seen in years. How can anyone root to lose after two games of a 16 game season? In fact, how can you root to lose at any point of any season? I will never do that- no matter what is on the line.

Obviously, you're not a fan, and certainly not a paying customer.

True- but the "we'll get 'em next week" attitude has got to change. We played two very beatable teams- and came up on the short end both times. Wow, we hung in there tough against the Ratbirds- a team the Donkeys destroyed the week before.

Winning this season will do more harm than good. We need a great QB in the draft next year to compete. Just endure one more painful season, lose, and set yourself up to win for the next 7-10 years.

Yes, let's start rooting to lose because all of these fucking 5-11 and 4-12 seasons and high draft positions have done so much for the franchise.

Winning breeds winning you maroon.

When's the last time Pittsburgh or Baltimore worried about their fucking draft position?

We've got four guys playing for us that we drafted in the top 7 because we were able to lose a lot.

I think it is time to try the "winning" approach and see if that works.

We have to quit drafting early and start drafting smart.

You go hard all year and try to win every football game, and then you compete in the draft just like you compete on the field. You try to play better and pick better.

Develop some consistency for a change.

Next guy that suggests losing gets his name changed to "Isuckballs".

Zombo

His point is that were not going anywhere with Weeden at QB. When Manning went down the Colts sucked for 1 year got a new QB and were 9-7 the next year. And I would argue that the rest of our roster is way better than theirs. When you're constantly picking 4-10 you're not only bad, but you're not bad enough to get better at the most important position on the field. So yeah I'm with ya Soju....2-14 is better for the team than 6-10. But I'm gonna wait until midseason before I start rooting for losses. The Ravens and Steelers don't worry about draft position because they have their long term answer at QB.

You should not need the #1 overall to get your guy at QB...

This past season we should have had a shot at Alex Smith... who looks more and more like exactly the kind of QB you'd want for this team...

OR...

We could have rolled the dice for Ryan Tannehill... and he was a big crap shoot. I follow the Aggies (my daughter graduated from A&M) and loved the kid. But even I thought a high #1 was very questionable for him.

But now we have to continue to evaluate Wheezy with something more closely approaching the full complement of "weapons" we have on offense while simultaneously evaluating the other talent "out there".

When's the last time Pittsburgh or Baltimore worried about their fucking draft position?

This past April?

Next guy that suggests losing gets his name changed to "Isuckballs".

LMAO.. seconded....

Yeah you shouldn't need the #1 pick to find a QB but it sure helps, and it is no guarantee that it will even work out....but these late 1st QBs are not getting it done and I didn't want Alex Smith at all. Before Kaepernick and Wilson, who was the last QB that was selected that late that wad successful? Schaub? Do you consider him successful? I'd rather have the first choice of QB myself and what's it really matter if were 3-13 or 6-10? Both are just bad but one gives us a time proven way to instantly be better.

these are all young dipshits that want some guy they root for in college to become the next suckwad for cleveland.

STFU after 2 games.

start bitching when we go 0 and 6. then everybody will jump on your bandwagon vs. weeden vs. the coaching staff vs. the FO.

oh it will be a bloody melee.

these are all young dipshits that want some guy they root for in college to become the next suckwad for cleveland.

STFU after 2 games.

start bitching when we go 0 and 6. then everybody will jump on your bandwagon vs. weeden vs. the coaching staff vs. the FO.

oh it will be a bloody melee.

so in 4 weeks can we start talking about it?

Archived