THE BROWNS BOARD

I almost feel good about this team, almost

Cbus Brownie

All we need is several key spots replaced, Then we're a playoff team IMO. Our defense is the best I've ever seen from the browns. We need to replace Skrine and Owens on D, that's it.

Offensively, aside from a new QB, Pinkston and Lauvao back will be huge. Our O without Gordon and backups on the Oline has been a disaster. Oneill Cousins sacked Weeden yesterday with his back, Suggs manhandling him. Schwartz got owned all day long, demoralizing.

We need to replace Cousins, Greco, Schwartz, and Little on O. With Gordon back and serviceable ppl in those roles I like our chances against anyone. Our D will keep us in every game, we just have to be able to score.

I don't care how bad you hate Weeden, Campbell is worse.

Soooo you're saying if we replace 1/3 of our starters we can compete for the playoffs? Sounds easy right lol. I do think we are farther along than what the games so far indicate but still pretty far from competing for a super bowl. IMO we need 1 guard 1 corner 1 reciever and a QB. I think we can pull that off this offseason if we do bad enough to erase that hole at QB.

So, the spots we might need in the draft and free agency might be QB, WR, CB, OG? We can probably pick up a starting RG in the third round, with either ours or the steelers pick - both look likely to be high. Can we get a WR and/or CB in free agency? And use the top 3 picks to move up to get the QB of choice? You know, I think we can.

I know, waiting for next year, but...we only have a few more holes to fill!

Schwartz is fine. He's played terrific beside Lauvao. Now all of a sudden he isn't any good?

No, Schwartz and Thomas are trying to help out the two guards, and are getting a half step away

from stopping the wide outside rush. And, Weeden doesn't step up into the pocket instinctively.

and, the THREE delay of game penalties are on Weeden not paying attention. And, Weeden throwing

a really embarrassing missile at a totally wide open Obie...forget about it.

Shep says Weeden has slow eyes. Apparently he thinks slowly, too. He doesn't see and react like

an NFL good NFL qb should. I don't think that's learned behavior, folks. With Pink and Lav back in

the starting lineup, and Brian Hoyer at qb - the Browns would also have won this game.

Our defense is kick ass. Actually, Weeds was outplaying Flacculence for a good while there.

The Browns need a real QB in mind, Gordon back, and a soft hands, get open quickly wr to put

Little on the bench when it counts most. And, another tall, very, very good cb for the flip side.

And an OG for depth. Without researching the draft - I would draft a qb, a cb/wr, a wr/cb, and two OG's.

The weaknesses are few now. And this defense played terrific two games in a row. This Browns defense

is a playoff/superbowl defense. But this offense right now, won't get us an 8-8 season. If we'd all turn the TV

off whenever the Browns are on offense, we'd all be really uplifted and happy right now.

dammit, offense. And, it isn't the OT's, or center, or TE's, or TRich that is the problem. This offense

was intact with Dion Lewis in the mix, and both OG's there. Little dropping passes in a problem, and Weeds

doesn't have "it". Like, Peyton has "it", and Eli doesn't all that much. Weeds and Campbell don't have "it",

and Brian Hoyer does. But, the oline was finally a strength, and now it's a major weakness because of injuries.

That's life on the football field, I reckon.

I know I am a scratched record (for you kiddos that is what we had to use way back in the stone age to listen to hippy music) on this subject but you simply cannot have enough depth at O-Line

I really want to see what Gilkey can do. Maybe he gets flattened like cousins - given his size and strength, I'm guessing not. More likely, he gives away penalties, like any rookie that's learning a new position. Still, if he pans out ok, then we have our two starting guards in Greco and Lauvuvuzela, and pinkston and gilkey in reserve. Still might be missing a backup tackle though. But the point is, if the kid works out, then I don't think OG is necessarily a top position of need.

Schwartz is fine. He's played terrific beside Lauvao. Now all of a sudden he isn't any good?

No, Schwartz and Thomas are trying to help out the two guards, and are getting a half step away

from stopping the wide outside rush. And, Weeden doesn't step up into the pocket instinctively.

Sorry, cal, but helping the guards does not explain away Schwartz's inability to handle the outside speed rush...

And don't lump Thomas into themix... he is not having the same issues.

We simply need to be sure a TE or back chip on any speed rusher outside Schwartz... we did this quite a bit last year.

And with Cousins and/or Greco getting blown up (and back) so often, there's no pocket to step up and into...

I know I am a scratched record (for you kiddos that is what we had to use way back in the stone age to listen to hippy music) on this subject but you simply cannot have enough depth at O-Line

Yup on the O-line... but Cousins is proof that all depth is not created equal...

And you can wet play those old LP's to "quiet" them some for recording...

and, the THREE delay of game penalties are on Weeden not paying attention. And, Weeden throwing

a really embarrassing missile at a totally wide open Obie...forget about it.

Shep says Weeden has slow eyes. Apparently he thinks slowly, too. He doesn't see and react like

an NFL good NFL qb should. I don't think that's learned behavior, folks. With Pink and Lav back in

the starting lineup, and Brian Hoyer at qb - the Browns would also have won this game.

Our defense is kick ass. Actually, Weeds was outplaying Flacculence for a good while there.

The Browns need a real QB in mind, Gordon back, and a soft hands, get open quickly wr to put

Little on the bench when it counts most. And, another tall, very, very good cb for the flip side.

And an OG for depth. Without researching the draft - I would draft a qb, a cb/wr, a wr/cb, and two OG's.

The weaknesses are few now. And this defense played terrific two games in a row. This Browns defense

is a playoff/superbowl defense. But this offense right now, won't get us an 8-8 season. If we'd all turn the TV

off whenever the Browns are on offense, we'd all be really uplifted and happy right now.

dammit, offense. And, it isn't the OT's, or center, or TE's, or TRich that is the problem. This offense

was intact with Dion Lewis in the mix, and both OG's there. Little dropping passes in a problem, and Weeds

doesn't have "it". Like, Peyton has "it", and Eli doesn't all that much. Weeds and Campbell don't have "it",

and Brian Hoyer does. But, the oline was finally a strength, and now it's a major weakness because of injuries.

That's life on the football field, I reckon.

Good post, i literally agree on every point except for Hoyer. Doubt he inexplicably has better vision than Weeden when he has only played in preseason (as we can see now, the preseason and reg season are totally different)

BUT i love the defense. Even better than last year. Hell i cant believe BAL only scored 14, and we still fucking lost. The offense has too many holes to be productive consistently. O line Injuries and suspensions have killed us.

This D is top 10 after watching it work once again without rubin.

How about Buster Skrine? He stepped up and had some good plays, no penalties, some broken up passes, and good tackles, improvement is everywhere except the offense.

Im pumped to see this team at 100%

So, the spots we might need in the draft and free agency might be QB, WR, CB, OG? We can probably pick up a starting RG in the third round, with either ours or the steelers pick - both look likely to be high. Can we get a WR and/or CB in free agency? And use the top 3 picks to move up to get the QB of choice? You know, I think we can.

I know, waiting for next year, but...we only have a few more holes to fill!

I don't neccessarily think we need to pick another WR at this point. I like Gordon, Bess, and Cameron. Throw Cooper and Benjamin in there and at BEST Little as a #4 guy. Anothe CB and OG in the 2/3rd rounds (hopefully McFadden develops into a starter), another Olineman from FA. And a REAL franchise Qb in the 1st rd. It's doable.

Sorry, cal, but helping the guards does not explain away Schwartz's inability to handle the outside speed rush...

And don't lump Thomas into themix... he is not having the same issues.

We simply need to be sure a TE or back chip on any speed rusher outside Schwartz... we did this quite a bit last year.

And with Cousins and/or Greco getting blown up (and back) so often, there's no pocket to step up and into...

Yup on the O-line... but Cousins is proof that all depth is not created equal...

And you can wet play those old LP's to "quiet" them some for recording...

Agree here. Schwartz played terribly. He's not fine. I'll give him that that was the worst i've ever seen him play, hopefully we don't see it again. Couple that performance with Cousins and Greco getting bullrushed into the backfield on EVERY snap, forget about winning. Forget about T Rich's stats, Weeden's chances in the pocket, we don't have a prayer. It all starts up front. Yes, with Pinkston and Lauvao back we'll be better, no doubt. They seem like world beaters compared to Greco/Cousins, but don't forget they were the weaknesses on our line in the first place.

A franchise QB, more Oline depth are our #1 priorities in my opinion.

Secondly, we need to replace Owens and Skrine (Skrine had the best game of his career Sunday- maybe there's hope) Mcfaddens development would be clutch here.

Thirdly, get Little either out of the rotation, replaced, or a reduced role. He's proven that he cannot get the job done. No reason for him to continue to get this many looks.

I dont like this Zone crap Horton is doing...we give up way too many 8,9 and 12 yrd pickups in the soft zone with that crap...Kill the goddamn QB for once...Asshole!

Archived