THE BROWNS BOARD

What being a fan of the Browns gives you that no other team can offer

Flyin J

I came to one conclusion on why being a fan of the Browns is better than any of the other 31 teams. Hope. Or the lack of it. You see, every September on opening week every football fan in the world watches his or her favorite team dreaming of that special sunday in February while sometime along that gauntlet of an NFL season 30 teams fans are left extremely disappointed. I say 30 because two teams are not. 1 would go to the lucky fans of the king of the mountain, the super bowl champions. And the other one is us, the unluckiest sons of bitches this side of the Chicago Cubs fans. We are never left disappointed because of the lack of hope we have going in to each and every season. I mean, how disappointed are you when you don't win the mega millions every week? Wait, let me guess, about the same as every October when 6 weeks into the season we are statistically eliminated from the playoffs. Wait, maybe I got this whole thing wrong. Maybe its the constant cloud of disappointment and failure that is constantly hovering over the whole entire state of Ohio that has numbed us to the point where we never feel that way. Either way its great being a Browns fan and I wouldn't have it any other way. Were the most loyal, tough sons of bitches there are, and that fact is made public every December when we sell out a game in 0 degree temps and 20 MPH winds while the team is 4-9. GO BROWNS!

I've been a fan for many DECADES. I don't have hope, I gave up hope long ago. I have faith. No proof of existence of any improvement, but the faith that it will happen before I die.

Amen brother DieHard...

There is a period annually when anticipation and excitement buoys the spirit unlike any other time. I am speaking here of those last two weeks in August, before the regular season opens, when hope reigns eternal of all things Browns. The pain and despair of past seasons, full of disappointment and suffering become a distant memory. It's a time when you puff out your chest a bit more when in your Browns gear. I get my Browns leather jacket from the corner of the closet, give it a good cleaning while anticipating the glory of wearing it to FirstEnergy late in November when the snow begins to fly and the Browns are kicking ass in the AFC north. Reality comes crashing down with the inevitable chorus of 'never-again-will-I root-for-these-losers'......yet the following August the cycle repeats itself.

I hope

I've been a fan for many DECADES. I don't have hope, I gave up hope long ago. I have faith. No proof of existence of any improvement, but the faith that it will happen before I die.

I hoped the Warfield trade would bring us the franchise QB that we needed

I hoped that Cockroft could kick a game winning field goal into the teeth of a Jan lake Erie wind

I hoped the defense could keep Elway from driving the length of the field

I hope Bernie could drive us down for one more score

I hoped that Bellichik was the next Don Shula

I hoped that Al Lerner was a better owner than Art Modell

I hoped that Tim Couch would be the next Peyton Manning

I hoped that Butch could bring some of the magic from Miami or Dallas

I hoped that Randy would be a little more in touch with todays NFL than his father

I hoped that Charlie Fry could realize his childhood dreams

I hoped that Romeo would turn out to be the next Bill Parcells

I hoped that Braylon would be the next Paul Warfield

I hoped Holmgren knew what the hell he was doing

I hoped that Richardson and Weeden would be our Troy and Emmit...or at least our Big Gay Ben and Bettis

I hoped trucker Jimmy could right this mess and not be the lying thief that the FBI claims he is

I hoped that Banner couldn't be the greasy weasel he comes off as and Lombardi wouldn't be as clueless as he appears

I hoped that Hoyer and Rainey wouldn't look like practice squad bums that the...NO FUCK THIS ...I'm all out of HOPE!

After writing off this season 2 games in, I really do believe now that it can only get better. This has to be the lowest mark I have ever seen the team hit. So up it is!

woo hoo!

i'll drink to that! (every fucking sunday for the next 14 weeks. but why stop there?

My Bride of 43 years & I may not be the most attractive, successful, or sophisticated to most, but we are to each other & our love for one another has grown in the 45 years since we 1st met & fell in love. I feel the same way about my Browns, having met & fallen in love with them in the early 1950s. I'll die loving & remaining loyal to her AND my Browns...'Nuff said.

Mike

not my quote, but a good one.....

"Cleveland is the weapons testing site of failure. The China Lake of futility. Browns fans are the dummies in the impact zone used to measure the shock waves of disappointment."

and Im still crazy after all these years

My Bride of 43 years & I may not be the most attractive, successful, or sophisticated to most, but we are to each other & our love for one another has grown in the 45 years since we 1st met & fell in love. I feel the same way about my Browns, having met & fallen in love with them in the early 1950s. I'll die loving & remaining loyal to her AND my Browns...'Nuff said.

Mike

i agree and god bless.

BUT in no way will that give me any reason not to post my displeasure with the 'dumbness' in how this team has been run since '99.

i've been together with my girlfriend (wife) for 20+ years with a separation in between.

i'll never stop rooting for the browns BUT a loud-mouthed drunken bitch is another story.

After writing off this season 2 games in, I really do believe now that it can only get better. This has to be the lowest mark I have ever seen the team hit. So up it is!

For those that have followed my posts, I go back to the late 50s Glory years, and this run surpasses the suckitude of the Phipps 70s. As I said- we've hit rock bottom, and stated to dig. What other team trades one of their top offensive threats for "future considerations" two games into the season? Yeah but even so, I'll be in front of the TV 1PM Sunday to see if we somehow can avoid a train wreck and pull off a win against the Vikings, unlikely as that may seem.

How much liquor will it take to pass out till April? Damn, sure seems like a lot of Jack. Would drugs be cheaper....lol

Or at least- how much liquor will it take to pass out before the end of the game? Our regular crew has already decided- if the Browns are going to suck- we had better make sure the wines and booze don't.

Mike

Amen to that...

Mike

Beautiful.... *sniff sniff*... just beautiful, Mike...

and Im still crazy after all these years

sounds about right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksa4VjKE3RY

Well said....I could hear Charlton Heston's voice when I read it.

Archived