THE BROWNS BOARD

Sunday Football Overall Take

miktoxic

just wondering how everyone else feels about what happened sunday in the NFL.

mine are (since living in NY):

gints have no OL and eli and the running game are paying for it.

jets rookie QB smith looked good. manuel not so much. (OL and DL dominance once again).

what's up with the 49ers?

brady has no receivers and they still win?

brees just continues to amaze.

cincy the class of our division right now.

greg schiano will be lucky to have a job by wed.

baltimore is better than i thought they'd be with all the player losses.

pitt has fallen and looks like shit (as i had told the trolls last year that this would happen).

tannehill looks like the real deal as i had not expected.

teed ginn jr. is still a fast mofo.

add to the topic pleez.

peace!

Shock of the weekend? Easy- Giants get BLOWN OUT by Carolina.

Cintucky is on a lucky roll- yeah they won but needed Cintucky luck to do so.

Browns win a game no one had them winning except the diehards. -6.5

Colts beat Niners? Bah- humbug. Chalk it up to post SB malaise. Forking Colts- how damn lucky can you get to get Luck, right after Peyton Manning?

Shock of the weekend? Easy- Giants get BLOWN OUT by Carolina.

Cintucky is on a lucky roll- yeah they won but needed Cintucky luck to do so.

Browns win a game no one had them winning except the diehards. -6.5

Colts beat Niners? Bah- humbug. Chalk it up to post SB malaise. Forking Colts- how damn lucky can you get to get Luck, right after Peyton Manning?

cam newton newton looked like the best QB ever. their DLine dominated the gints. got some friends here that are scaring me by glancing at their closet a little too often during the game.

"hey honey, i'm home! got to hang her coat up and find a guy hung in the closet."

on a side note: this actually happened to an extended friend of ours. she had broken up with a mentally unstable boyfriend, went into her apartment, opened the closet to hang up her coat and found her ex dead hanging there with a note pinned to his shirt that said FUCK YOU. SEE YOU IN HELL BITCH!!

talk about moving out of a place the next day.

A couple shockers:

The Browns after a rough week, go out with a 3rd string QB and win the game! This does NOT look like a team that has mailed it in for the season!

Miami is 3-0. Though after last year they definitely seemed like they are heading in the right direction.

Giants are 0-3, and got blown out! I wonder how soon they will be calling for Coughlin's head in NY?

Steelers are 0-3! I'm loving that! All of these Ohio born wannabe Steelers fans can now go and crawl back under their rock, or back to their trailer parks! :D

The 49ers losing at home! Is it possible that they messed up in letting Alex Smith go, and that Kapernick may be a one hit wonder? 10 points in 2 games! Yikes!

Steelers are 0-3! I'm loving that! All of these Ohio born wannabe Steelers fans can now go and crawl back under their rock, or back to their trailer parks! :D

I will be in Cleveland this weekend. Won't miss seeing the Steeler jerseys, I'm sure there won't be one in sight.

I will be in Western PA later in the week and if the Browns beat Cincy and the Steelers lose to Minnesota ... well, let's just say I have waited a long time for this.

Zombo

I will be in Cleveland this weekend. Won't miss seeing the Steeler jerseys, I'm sure there won't be one in sight.

I will be in Western PA later in the week and if the Browns beat Cincy and the Steelers lose to Minnesota ... well, let's just say I have waited a long time for this.

Zombo

I have several Steelers fans in my neighborhood. Yeah it will be fun to give a little back to them.

cam newton newton looked like the best QB ever. their DLine dominated the gints. got some friends here that are scaring me by glancing at their closet a little too often during the game.

My brother is a season ticket holder for the panthers and dumped his okay seats for $250 (well above face value) on a Giants fan. Talk about a rough day to spend that much money on your favorite team.

Hey, who gives a shit if the Steelers/Giants/Redskins/49ers are having shit seasons? Who the fuck says that those assfucks have a God given right to be good teams?

What would a season be without those teams making the playoff?: Great.

It is far more refreshing to see the Seahawks/Chiefs/Dolphins/Bears/Lions doing well. The Browns just need to join them.

Hey, who gives a shit if the Steelers/Giants/Redskins/49ers are having shit seasons? Who the fuck says that those assfucks have a God given right to be good teams?

What would a season be without those teams making the playoff?: Great.

It is far more refreshing to see the Seahawks/Chiefs/Dolphins/Bears/Lions doing well. The Browns just need to join them.

You won't get an argument from me.

The Browns staff gets big props from me, I really had no faith in a good performance @Minnesota. I'm greedy now, let's beat Cincy at home.

The over-hyped NFC East got trounced, except for the Cowboys. I like the Lions finally winning in Washington over media-darling RG3 the best, with KC beating Philly on the road a close 2nd.

It's early, but yeah, the typical powers are struggling and it makes for an interesting season for sure. GB & the NYG don't look close to being factors in the NFC at this point.

I also found it irritating that the Bears scored a TD 3 times, but the refs only saw one, in the first half @Pittsburgh. Replay remains a joke.

Downside surprises:

• NYG bombing in NC was a shocker for sure, but for me the egg that Houston laid in Baltimore was jaw-dropping. The Texans have been a "piece away" from the SB for three years now. And now it looks like one of the first additions that set them on a SB path, Matt Schaub, is now MIA.
  • On SF49ers... you think maybe they are second guessing their QB decision? And now there's desention in the ranks.

Upside surprises:

• Chicago... I've never been a Cutler fan, but it's starting to look like Trestman has figured out how to get the best out of Jay... protect him. Keep it up and the Bears are going to give the Pack a run for their money this year.
  • NO... I thought they'd be better, but dominant? Sure Payton's back and Brees is hot, but the good Ryan kid is working Defensive miracles again. How long until Rob Ryan gets his HC shot?

P Manning continues to play at an amazing level. He is scary good with performances that continue to solidify the notion that he is the best to have played the game.

if we only had guys that were that dedicated to the game that they showed up early and stayed as late as the staff does.

manning has got to be off the charts in madden (no, don't know about it) but if you are in the film room when the guys show up in the morning and help them close up at night that's a stone cold harvard-like student of the game.

dud IS (at least) the smartest QB ever to play the game.

smarts is half the equation to play that position.

P Manning continues to play at an amazing level. He is scary good with performances that continue to solidify the notion that he is the best QB to have played the game. At his current pace, his regular season, year end stats would look like this:

6096 passing yards

48 passing TD's

So far, his completion % is a mere 73%

If he wins one more super bowl the "best ever" will be more digestable

P Manning continues to play at an amazing level. He is scary good with performances that continue to solidify the notion that he is the best QB to have played the game. At his current pace, his regular season, year end stats would look like this:

6096 passing yards

48 passing TD's

So far, his completion % is a mere 73%

He might be the greatest Regular season QB of all-time, but he has not been very good in the Playoffs

I think the Niners don't want Kaepernick taking to many hits, and it seems like their offense isn't running like it did last year. They don't have the luxury of Alex Smith backing him up. They have Colt McCoy and they sure don't want that on the field

I think the Niners don't want Kaepernick taking to many hits, and it seems like their offense isn't running like it did last year. They don't have the luxury of Alex Smith backing him up. They have Colt McCoy and they sure don't want that on the field

Interesting point. Everybody had the Niners as the SB favorites....but they all ignored 40 years of history which says the Super Bowl loser really has a bad time of it the following year. And now that may be the case with the 49ers.

if we only had guys that were that dedicated to the game that they showed up early and stayed as late as the staff does.

manning has got to be off the charts in madden (no, don't know about it) but if you are in the film room when the guys show up in the morning and help them close up at night that's a stone cold harvard-like student of the game.

Manning, Brees, Brady are all 98's.

Rodgers is the only 99

dud IS (at least) the smartest QB ever to play the game.

smarts is half the equation to play that position.

He might be the greatest Regular season QB of all-time, but he has not been very good in the Playoffs

Peyton is 9-11 career in playoff games and SEVERAL of those games he had bad games with turnovers. I've said for years Peyton's legacy needs another super bowl ring for him to get the 'greatest of all time' tag. Hell, looking at playoff wings Flacco is markedly better. People get all pissy when I say it but Manning has only been mediocre in the crunch time throughout his career.

Peyton is 9-11 career in playoff games and SEVERAL of those games he had bad games with turnovers. I've said for years Peyton's legacy needs another super bowl ring for him to get the 'greatest of all time' tag. Hell, looking at playoff wings Flacco is markedly better. People get all pissy when I say it but Manning has only been mediocre in the crunch time throughout his career.

As far as "greatest of all time", statistically, Manning is still far behind Favre in most statistical categories: He is 11,000 yards behind, 1100 completions behind, 60 TDs behind. It will take him at least 2-3 years of prime production to pass those numbers.

And right now, both Favre and P.Manning have one SB win and one SB loss.

So, I am not prepared to say that P. Manning is either the greatest regular season QB of all time nor the greatest overall..

The numbers don't support it. The Championships don't support it.

I would not place him above the likes of Joe Montana with his 4 rings, or Brady with his 3 + 5 appearances.

(If the other Manning brother had not pulled off a couple of fluky wins vs. Brady, is there any doubt if TB had 5 SB titles that he would be no doubt considered the greatest?)

As far as "greatest of all time", statistically, Manning is still far behind Favre in most statistical categories: He is 11,000 yards behind, 1100 completions behind, 60 TDs behind. It will take him at least 2-3 years of prime production to pass those numbers.

So, I am not prepared to say that P. Manning is either the greatest regular season QB of all time nor the greatest overall..

I would not place him above the likes of Joe Montana with his 4 rings, or Brady with his 3 + 5 appearances.

(If the other Manning brother had not pulled off a couple of fluky wins vs. Brady, is there any doubt if TB had 5 SB titles that he would be no doubt considered the greatest?)

I know Brett was around forever and a day. Do you have any comparisons in the number of games played? Or even in the same number of years. Just curious.

I don't disagree with anything you say there. I more meant right now with his playoff record and lone super bowl win there's several guys I'd place above him (that you've named above). I just don't get how people seem to look past the guys shaky postseason play like it's no big deal. To get into that greatest of all time conversation there's no way one can have a losing playoff record.

I don't disagree with anything you say there. I more meant right now with his playoff record and lone super bowl win there's several guys I'd place above him (that you've named above). I just don't get how people seem to look past the guys shaky postseason play like it's no big deal. To get into that greatest of all time conversation there's no way one can have a losing playoff record.

Yea, its not like you can compare him to Otto Graham or Bart Starr even in that regard.

Mannings post season record will keep him from being the greatest of all time. At least for now. 9-11 in the playoffs is not good enough to be considered the GOAT. Plus he's been in the playoffs 12 times and has lost the first game 8 times. He has won playoff games in only 4 different seasons

Archived