THE BROWNS BOARD

It's confirmed: Our defense is legit.

dab7291993

Now giving up roughly 62.5 rushing ypg to opponents. ---212 passing ypg to opponents.

Mingo is an animal, whether it is deflecting passes, or containing the running back, or getting to the QB he is beasting.

Haden is shutting down every corner he faces.

Skrine is breaking up plays.

If you don't believe in our offense, that's fine. Our D is Legit.

Beastly Front 7, and corners playing well.

I'm hyped!!

I was skeptical of the pick when we made it, and even more so when he got injured, but damn, I'm happy to be wrong. The dude looks the part and should only get better.

I was skeptical of the pick when we made it, and even more so when he got injured, but damn, I'm happy to be wrong. The dude looks the part and should only get better.

Same here. I just didn't like picking at a position I thought we were quite good at when we had much bigger needs. you can hardly ever find a pass rusher in FA that's for sure, and if you do, you have to overpay for them.

I think we just need that play making safety and our defense is absolutely unstoppable.

Mingo is going to be something.

People on here razzed me when I compared him to Lawrence Taylor, but the kid has shown potential.

Only because you deserved razzing... :P

Taylor has fully embraced his NT role... turns out he's the legit space eater a 3-4 must have... ala Wilfork. Drop off is noticeable when Rubin, a damn good DT, spells Big Phil.

And our LBs are fast... with the exception of Kruger, but he brings other attributes to the team.

Mingo is as good as advertised

Horton is doing an awesome job... All of these coaches are killing it right now...bringing out the best of what we have on this team...talent?... We aren't tHere...but I love the job they are all doing.

Proud to be a browns fan...bring on that extra pick next year !

We may beat the bills 100-0... It feels that way...love it!

Bermeck ( cannot wait ...my wife sending me to the store...thank you baby...screw those bunghole fans)

Only because you deserved razzing... :P

Taylor has fully embraced his NT role... turns out he's the legit space eater a 3-4 must have... ala Wilfork. Drop off is noticeable when Rubin, a damn good DT, spells Big Phil.

And our LBs are fast... with the exception of Kruger, but he brings other attributes to the team.

Keep in mind, Mingo's still a Rookie.

Our D played well for missing quite a few players (Sheard, Groves, Winn, and maybe another ?).

I was vehemently against the pick. I believed Mingo to be too small and too unproductive against bigger schools (namely, Alabama).

I was wrong.

Mingo has played very solid in the past two games. He's gone against two very good left tackles in Kalil and (his role model) Whitworth.

Time will tell if he can become a perennial Pro Bowler, but it's looking good so far.

Mingo is as good as advertised

Horton is doing an awesome job... All of these coaches are killing it right now...bringing out the best of what we have on this team...talent?... We aren't tHere...but I love the job they are all doing.

Proud to be a browns fan...bring on that extra pick next year !

We may beat the bills 100-0... It feels that way...love it!

Bermeck ( cannot wait ...my wife sending me to the store...thank you baby...screw those bunghole fans)

No doubt the coaches are doing a great job but what do you mean we aren't there? We have a ton of talent alls we really need is another WR for offense and maybe some oline, a new RB. Defense is already elite and just needs a safety.

If Hoyer continues his good play and I really believe the guy will, we don't need a QB.

Yeah Mingo is definitely living up to his draft position, I was for the pick earlier on (around Week 8-9 of NFL season) but he kind of disappointed at LSU last season.

I questioned the pick, but now it's no question imo. He has all the tools which is great, but he has above-average instincts on top of it all and that's what makes great players.

Taylor is really embracing the new feel of the team, we thought of him as a player who took plays off and was kind of selfish(or at least I did) but now it feels like he's giving it his all and really living up to his potential as well.

As well as Skrine has played, I'd still rather him be a nickel guy than a #2, I'd like one of these bigger corners that are trending(6'2"-6'4" ish) and physical as well.

I would love .gifs of Haden body slamming AJ Green all day. Haden is the MAN!

The way its looking, if our offense can score 14-17 points a game we got a really good shot at a Win. Mingo is fast and even if he's not the one making the tackle he's having an impact. The 4th and 1 play Cindy ran in the red zone, Mingo shot outside so damn fast it caused Green Ellis to cut inside a bit further than he wanted and he tripped over his own feet.

That last pass break up Skrine had was awesome, even though the guy catches it Skrine went directly to the ball and knocked it out, just like all DB's should do. IMO he showed up BIG today, even covered Green a bit.

Gotta give a shout out to Tashaun Gipson, he was all over the Fuckin place and had a great game as well!

You think Horton takes a head coach job next year?

I hope not but he has always been a popular name for the Head Coach position. Not sure who will need a HC next year, too early to tell. Plus with the league being an offense driven league that might keep him with us for a few years. I do believe he will get a HC job at some point, hopefully it is a few years down the road and enough time has passed that we promote our DC from within, from someone who learned from Horton. The worst thing that could happen is switching back to a 4-3.

Front 7 is pure nasty. Hopefully Sheard and Winn play Thursday. Secondary is getting better and better by the week. Haden is lockdown. Skrine is coming along nicely these last two games. Gipson and Ward are playing nice and delivering some big hits.

to be honest i always feel like we have a good D. the O was never on the field to keep the D off. As far as coaches go dont they have contract or are they year by year? as far as coordinators go

I think they're contracted, but teams will approach us to speak to Horton (hypothetically...and probably). It's up to us then I guess to decide whether to accept or not - we rejected all approaches last year for Chris Tabor from other teams.

As for teams that might be needing a new HC - Giants? Vikings? Bucs? If the Steelers get rid of Tomlin, you can bet Horton would find it difficult to say no to that job.

I think they're contracted, but teams will approach us to speak to Horton (hypothetically...and probably). It's up to us then I guess to decide whether to accept or not - we rejected all approaches last year for Chris Tabor from other teams.

As for teams that might be needing a new HC - Giants? Vikings? Bucs? If the Steelers get rid of Tomlin, you can bet Horton would find it difficult to say no to that job.

Bungles may be looking as well as the Raiders and Cards

Phil Taylor is a horse. Guys that big & strong aren't supposed to be that quick. He's Ngata, or Wilfork, or S.Rogers. Absolutely elite at the position.

Love what I'm seeing out of PT. He looks incredibly quick and strong...and he hasnt reached is potential yet...

Archived