THE BROWNS BOARD

Where's the Vertical Passing Game/Blitzing We Were Promised?

Soju

I see a lot of underneath stuff. I guess it's working, but Hoyer can make some of those long throws. Alot of screens and crossing routes.

Also, where is the attacking defense? Not blitzing as much. Maybe they are and I'm not noticing it or they're not making a big impact.

ur killing me man! hes taking what they are giving him would you rather him throw 4 picks like Weeden? As far as defense goes we rushed mainly 4 the whole game because the bengals have alot of weapons and it worked stop bitching dude!

I see a lot of underneath stuff. I guess it's working, but Hoyer can make some of those long throws. Alot of screens and crossing routes.

Also, where is the attacking defense? Not blitzing as much. Maybe they are and I'm not noticing it or they're not making a big impact.

No need to throw it deep when the 10-15 yard routes are open and Hoyer is as accurate as he has been. We didn't blitz as much today but did on almost every 3rd down. We had a good enough pass rush whithout blitzing and it clearly worked today. I don't think Robertson and Jackson get enough credit for their pass coverage too. I believe it was Jackson that broke up the pass that Skrine eventually picked off.

Please stop...

You think we lined a CB up at DE?

A smart team is a flexible one. You can't just stick with one strategy because it is the way you are building the team. It's a general principle, not law. If the deep passes are there, they'll take them, but if they aren't, they'll take what is available. 65% completion percentage, 10 yards per completion, that's pretty damn good.

And were you not paying attention to Mingo? Aggressive defenses are more than just producing sacks. It's batted down passes and QB pressures. Why do you think Dalton had such a miserable day? Yes, the coverage today was spectacular, but Dalton saw plenty of pressure.

Archived