THE BROWNS BOARD

Titans Trying Out QBs

miktoxic

so send them weeden. for a 4th rounder.

Gotta get more than a 4th rounder...I'll take a low 2nd and a PTBNL'er

Gotta get more than a 4th rounder...I'll take a low 2nd and a PTBNL'er

we'd be lucky to get a 6th bud. lmao higher than a 4th AND a player? stop looking through the brown and orange colored goggles and wake up to reality buddy. something i'd offer if CJ2K is even remotely available though is weeden, mcgahee, rainey, Benjamin and a 4th or 3rd rounder for him. but that's probably way far fetched despite his lack of production.

we'd be lucky to get a 6th bud. lmao higher than a 4th AND a player? stop looking through the brown and orange colored goggles and wake up to reality buddy. something i'd offer if CJ2K is even remotely available though is weeden, mcgahee, rainey, Benjamin and a 4th or 3rd rounder for him. but that's probably way far fetched despite his lack of production.

So you think asking a 3rd for Weeden is ridiculous, but you'd expect the Titans to give up their franchise star for a handful of has-beens and never-will-bes.

Okay, sure.

Forget for the fact that a four for one trade can easily become a cap nightmare...what makes you think the Titans would want a single one of those players?

really started this thread as a joke.

doubt if the browns could get much for him, seeing he prob won't start again barring injury or a flatout shitting of the bed by hoyer, so it's not like we're trying to showcase him.

and with his body of work we'd be lucky to throw him with a pick next year to move up a couple spots, that's if he doesn't get cut before then.

I'll take a fourth and a PBR and call it good

a 4th just isnt enough unless theyre talking a maybe a low 3rd and a high 4th (together)..I might listen...regardless of his performance...he still has upside...the light may still turn on for him..(Not that I think that will happen). A 4th alone?..no fucking way...

it's a long season

Weeden on our roster isn't hurting anyone.

he'll learn watching from the sidelines just like Hoyer did. I'm in no hurry to ship Weeden out of here.

(he's far from a bust at this point and would still garner a fourth or higher)

And you can write it down in stone: Even if they want Hoyer to be the QB the rest of the year, it is even odds that he will get hurt and we will need Weeden to play.

it's a long season

he'll learn watching from the sidelines just like Hoyer did. I'm in no hurry to ship Weeden out of here.

Agreed.

Weeden's not great, but he's not terrible either.

He's old, but he's still only in his second year with a totally new Offensive System to boot.

Do I want him starting right now after what we've seen from Hoyer?

No, but he still has upside and just needs time.

He may never get "it", but hopefully he can be at least a servicable backup if needed.

Weeden is a math problem. He's 30... but very raw with slow eyes. There are backups in Philly (although he may be the starter soon) and New England worth WAY more.

I'm not sure we could get a 5th for Weeden today. I kind of doubt it. If we wanted to swing a medium trade for a RB or CB, it would have to be Kitchen, I'd bet. That's somebody people actually talk about wanting.

I sure as hell would give some more carries to Obie. One-cut guy... I like him. Reminds me of GB's Starks or a version of any Denver back under Shanahan, Terrell being the best.

Weeden is a math problem. He's 30... but very raw with slow eyes. There are backups in Philly (although he may be the starter soon) and New England worth WAY more.

I'm not sure we could get a 5th for Weeden today. I kind of doubt it. If we wanted to swing a medium trade for a RB or CB, it would have to be Kitchen, I'd bet. That's somebody people actually talk about wanting.

I sure as hell would give some more carries to Obie. One-cut guy... I like him. Reminds me of GB's Starks or a version of any Denver back under Shanahan, Terrell being the best.

You don't think Fozzy Bear will become a star?

I know the OP wasn't serious, but why would we trade our backup QB to the Titans because they need a backup?

They've got Fitzgerald, they are fine until Locker comes back.

Weeden could be back in there before you know it, let's not start planning his demise.

Zombo

I know the OP wasn't serious, but why would we trade our backup QB to the Titans because they need a backup?

They've got Fitzgerald, they are fine until Locker comes back.

Weeden could be back in there before you know it, let's not start planning his demise.

Zombo

Unless of course Fitzpatrick also gets dinged up. Right now the only other QB they have is a guy named Rusty Smith out of FLa. Atlantic who is on their practice squad. I don't know if they want to go with him.

There are The Usual Suspects still out there and possibly available, it the Tits want one of them:

Vince Young

Pat White

Seneca Wallace

Jamarcus Russell

Matt Leinert

Tyler Thigpen

Jordan Palmer

Byron Leftwich

Charlie Batch.

Tebow

Trent Edwards

Caleb Hanie

Anyone else?

Unless of course Fitzpatrick also gets dinged up. Right now the only other QB they have is a guy named Rusty Smith out of FLa. Atlantic who is on their practice squad. I don't know if they want to go with him.

There are The Usual Suspects still out there and possibly available, it the Tits want one of them:

Vince Young

Pat White

Seneca Wallace

Jamarcus Russell

Matt Leinert

Tyler Thigpen

Jordan Palmer

Byron Leftwich

Charlie Batch.

Tebow

Trent Edwards

Caleb Hanie

Anyone else?

That is pretty nasty. Let them have one of those guys. I know this sounds weird to hear this, but ... we are competing with them for a playoff spot, you know?

Zombo

The Bucs are looking to trade Josh Freeman, how much do you think they're after? Is he worth more than Weeden?

The Bucs are a mess, there coach is a moron. A lot reports coming out in Tampa that Freeman loves to party. Still think Freeman is a good QB.

a 4th just isnt enough unless theyre talking a maybe a low 3rd and a high 4th (together)..I might listen...regardless of his performance...he still has upside...the light may still turn on for him..(Not that I think that will happen). A 4th alone?..no fucking way...

Not a fourth alone. A fourth plus a can of pabst blue ribbon.

the thing is the titans look(ed) like one of the real strong teams in the AFC coming out of the gates, and i'm sure their FO and staff were pleasantly surprised and eyeing post season play.

fitzgerald. uhhhhh...............

might as well kiss your season goodbye.

who knows when locker will be back. my guess he's out 5 - 6 games. the fans will rip the FO if they stand pat and do nothing once they see the real fitzgerald.

the problem with weeden would be close to the same problem the browns had with mccoy. one was picked to be their starter and they knew it and then you go with another guy to be their starter as soon as you play like shit.

i don't hate weeden (hated where we picked him) but even when he's 'on' there is still something missing and you're still biting your fingernails or doing another shot to dull the pain when he throws the pick six to win the game for the other guys.

in hoyer i see much more 'presence' and 'smarts' within the pocket and he knows when to move up or out of it when he smells trouble. i really hope this kid can be our QB of the future BUT if not, we're going to have a slew of QBs that will be hitting the exits next offseason. and then no one will be worth diddly squat value-wise.

if the FO doesn't want weeds trade him straight up for freeman or send him to the titans for a mid round pick. just don't let him stew holding a clipboard and divide the locker room.

it's a long season

Well said. Weeden was playing well and still have value to us. If someone wants him, it costs a 3rd unless the team needing him is picking high in the round. He might be worth a mid 3rd rounder. Then I take the 4th and bank another 4th the following year.

Archived