THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns and Tribe being built the same way?

tampadawgs

There are some real crazy things happening in Cleveland Sports

The Browns Bring in Chud who in Cleveland we love him, but the biggest signing was Horton and Turner. The Tribe bring in Tito. Did anyone think that these two team could pull off these coaches???

Both teams traded away " there best player" Choo which he was, and Trich not so much.

Both teams made a big FA signings- Swisher, Bourn, and Kruger Bryant

Both team made trades to help there team. Goon Squad for Relief pitcher and Bess for draft pick

Both teams signed a Vet that everyone loves Tribe Big G and Browns Willis Macgee

Both teams have came out of no where Tribe in playoffs and Browns in 1st place!!!!

Both have young Super Stars in the Making Kipnis and Cameron

I would say Cleveland sports is on the up swing, plus looks the the Cavs will be messing around this yr forthe playoffs. Ohio State is doing what they do!!!!!

Lets go Cleveland Wednesday Tribe take down the Rays( will not be easy) and on Thursday Browns hammer Bills!!!!!!

OK. I am good with all that. Except to note that the Indians have actually made the playoffs. The Browns haven't come close to that yet.

As for the Cavs, if this were other sports you would think that a team that has 2 #1 overall draft picks on their roster plus 2 #4 overall picks on their roster, plus a couple of other fairly high draft picks like Tyler Zeller and others should be replete with talent and be very competitive....but apparently the NBA doesn't necessarily work that way.

OK. I am good with all that. Except to note that the Indians have actually made the playoffs. The Browns haven't come close to that yet.

As for the Cavs, if this were other sports you would think that a team that has 2 #1 overall draft picks on their roster plus 2 #4 overall picks on their roster, plus a couple of other fairly high draft picks like Tyler Zeller and others should be replete with talent and be very competitive....but apparently the NBA doesn't necessarily work that way.

That's because 99% of the NBA is stars win and teams don't. The only real team that has won recently is San Antonio. The Heat is 2 great players and a bunch of stiffs. The NBA is UNWATCHABLE.

Nobody picked the Tribe to be a playoff team. The optimists were saying about a 500 club ant that the pitching would be the weak link. And pitching wins championships...yada yada and name a weak starter or even reliever...Perez? non factor now. Francona has won a number of games with the way he manages the team. Browns were at best picked to be 500. New owners and coaching staff with a Cinderella QB story.......well hell, stranger things have happened.

The indians were MLB's farm team for alot of years, that's why attendance dropped through the floor. As soon as someone became good we traded them away. Don't really see the browns following that model....but not really sure if there was intent on the Indians part that OP is giving them credit for. I think they were just in money conservation mode and had no real designs on putting together a playoff team, until this past offseason. Then they finally made some moves because they realized if they stunk that bad for a couple more years the fanbase would completely disintegrate. In the end I do like how it's worked out, they don't have any real big prima donna's on the team. I'm just not 100% sure that this didn't just fall into their lap. Also i'm not going to so easily forget what Mangini was building here in Cleveland before that fat meatbag Holmgren showed him the door. That was still our best season in quite awhile and had the underpinnings of something special. Especially our backfield, we were building a power running game that was gonna steam the AFC north for a couple years.

The Browns Bring in Chud who in Cleveland we love him, but the biggest signing was Horton and Turner. The Tribe bring in Tito. Did anyone think that these two team could pull off these coaches???

Thought we brought in his son, Terry... B)

Sucks that I'm old enough to have seen Tito play, but was good to see him last nite attending the "play-in" game...

Also saw Vic Power play...

And Woody Held...

And Rocky Colavito...

And... geez I'm old....

Archived