THE BROWNS BOARD

New Browns T-shirt "Flying J's"

jcam222

i've printed up shirts before with players names, nicknames etc. (for personal use) just to have them get traded, cut or their knees blown out. i bought a blank hockey jersey with the browns colors for around $50 and made up a dope looking hardesty jersey with the string tie up collar....................i think i might have one piece of it left i use as a rag.

besides get ready for all the other fans of other teams razzing you all game long about "flying J? isn't haslam in jail right now? he's a crook, a bum" etc. etc.)

i do like the idea though. don't know how it would play out with the browns/haslams lawyers who deal with copyright and licensing all day long.

i've printed up shirts before with players names, nicknames etc. (for personal use) just to have them get traded, cut or their knees blown out. i bought a blank hockey jersey with the browns colors for around $50 and made up a dope looking hardesty jersey with the string tie up collar....................i think i might have one piece of it left i use as a rag.

besides get ready for all the other fans of other teams razzing you all game long about "flying J? isn't haslam in jail right now? he's a crook, a bum" etc. etc.)

i do like the idea though. don't know how it would play out with the browns/haslams lawyers who deal with copyright and licensing all day long.

A big J with wings should work

yes it would, just as long as the font isn't anything close to what haslam uses at his truck stops. but for those who wouldn't 'get it' you want to have the words 'the flying j's' somewhere on the shirt, correct. that's where the problem would lie.

all i know is it takes a lot to start your own line of shirts (meaning selling them at stores or the stadium). i don't know how it works there but are other people in the parking lots selling t's?

i did see the link on one thread of the 'factory of sadness' shirts where the reporter had said that there were no infringement issues tied into selling those shirts. all i know if you tried to sell something with the 'likeness' of yankees stadium with the words factory of sadness, you'd receive a cease and desist letter in the mail the next day, and if you didn't you wouldn't have a company, a house or a pot to piss in.

copyright and trademark issues are a touchy thing.

well i can tell you i belong to another forum called

tshirtforums.com

and it is stock full of threads on this.

but where would you sell them?

do you know what it takes to get your 'line' into a full-blown retail store? they want to see annual sales of over 300-550k a year, distribution agreements and the ability to produce when needed orders at qtys with a minimum amount of time.

in other words you've got to be a MAJOR player.

you're best bet would to have guys walk the lots and sell the shirts that way, but then who are these people and do you trust them?

well i can tell you i belong to another forum called

tshirtforums.com

and it is stock full of threads on this.

but where would you sell them?

do you know what it takes to get your 'line' into a full-blown retail store? they want to see annual sales of over 300-550k a year, distribution agreements and the ability to produce when needed orders at qtys with a minimum amount of time.

in other words you've got to be a MAJOR player.

you're best bet would to have guys walk the lots and sell the shirts that way, but then who are these people and do you trust them?

If you created a shirt I'd imagine you'd sell it on the internet and via social media like the lame adverts I see on facebook for a gay browns related shirt that says "just one before I die" another douche sentiment that I hate.

I'm not I'm love with this idea. It's too niche. Those guys will be gone most likely before your shirt is worn out and then you'll have kind of a baffling shirt that just doesn't make much sense

Sports related wear that no longer makes sense is pretty normal. The key is to get in and sell the hell out of it while it does. My thread really wasn't started to create a tshirt empire but rather just a clever idea lol. It is however a shirt that would likely sell to the Browns fan base over the coming season or more.

Sports related wear that no longer makes sense is pretty normal. The key is to get in and sell the hell out of it while it does. My thread really wasn't started to create a tshirt empire but rather just a clever idea lol. It is however a shirt that would likely sell to the Browns fan base over the coming season or more.

i agree.

but no one has answered the key ? yet. where 'on site' in the parking lots, the street would you be able to sell the Ts and what type of license would you need? a vendor's license where you set up a table and sell at home games? who are the investors? what's the cut? who's going to take care of ohio related tax reseller id #'s.

easiest way is to do it is through the internet, through a website or an ebay item that is linked through a website.

but ti would have to be just a graphic and i think you should be able to get away with the term 'the flying J's' as long as it's a completely different font. but you couldn't metion the names of the players, cuz then they could come after you. although their lawyers could always fight and say that it has everything to do with their players and cease and desist.

believe me you never want to receive a letter like this, whatsoever and have your name and biz attached to it.

do you think you could sell a shirt with the browns name on it? (or any other team with a unique name such as the Steelers)

As long as you didn't include the city most sports teams can't possibly copywrite their names. If you made a red shirt with the word "falcons" written in black I don't think you could be in copywrite infringement territory but I'm not sure if that would hold true with a black shirt with the word "Steelers" on it.

Anybody know any information on this? Gip maybe?

ifke.jpg

a J to make it look like a plane (which has wings on it) i wouldn't touch it would a 10 foot pole, even though i understand you would just want a J with like angel/biker wings attached. lawyers could pick that apart all day.

and who has the capital to hire lawyers?

Hell Haslam owns Flying J right? The Flying J's for the Browns are Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron. That's got to be a t-shirt They need me in marketing lol

You are a year late and many dollars short. The "Flying J" was given to this team last year when they had:

Josh Gordon

Josh Cooper

Josh Cribbs

Jordan Cameron

And I think one other.

yes it would, just as long as the font isn't anything close to what haslam uses at his truck stops. but for those who wouldn't 'get it' you want to have the words 'the flying j's' somewhere on the shirt, correct. that's where the problem would lie.

all i know is it takes a lot to start your own line of shirts (meaning selling them at stores or the stadium). i don't know how it works there but are other people in the parking lots selling t's?

i did see the link on one thread of the 'factory of sadness' shirts where the reporter had said that there were no infringement issues tied into selling those shirts. all i know if you tried to sell something with the 'likeness' of yankees stadium with the words factory of sadness, you'd receive a cease and desist letter in the mail the next day, and if you didn't you wouldn't have a company, a house or a pot to piss in.

copyright and trademark issues are a touchy thing.

A few years back there were a few people selling playoff Indians t shirts out of a cart on the street. I'm sure they were not MLB approved, but he was selling them like hotcakes.

You are a year late and many dollars short. The "Flying J" was given to this team last year when they had:

Josh Gordon

Josh Cooper

Josh Cribbs

Jordan Cameron

And I think one other.

Joe Haden, Joe Thomas (although his flight may have some trouble getting off the ground) Jabaal Sheard.

Josh Gordon

Josh Cooper

Josh Cribbs

Jordan Cameron

And I think one other.

My life story lol, day late dollar short. If however I print those I might make a few of those dollars back outside the stadium lol

Archived