THE BROWNS BOARD

Skrine Rising

Shep

All hail Soju, alpha male extraordinaire, American hero of the Vietnam War. While stationed in Cambodia, Soju won the Congressional Medal of Honor for single-handedly killing 8,000 gooks and repelling the Tet Offensive. So what if he threw grenades into schools? It doesn't matter because he takes what he wants because he's alpha as fuck. Back stateside in the 80's, he claimed he never suffered from a pussy disease like PTSD, and he toured with Pink Floyd and Van Halen. It was on this tour where he coined the well-known phrase, "I am become Van Halen, Destroyer of hymens." After tiring of the blow and loose women, he returned to his initial love, the study of the game of football. As you'll recall, he was Jim Thorpe's personal trainer back in the day, so take the smartest football mind you can think of and triple it. Soju is even smarter than that. We should all consider ourselves lucky to even be graced with his presence on this forum.

On behalf of the entire forum, I want to thank you, soju. You've shown us what we all should strive to be.

Holy awesomeness Vapor! ~ Can you make one about ME!? ...And make it AWESOME TOO! Soju, who's he though?

it's not an act. I make pure football analyses and I use blunt language. So to soft liberals like you it will offend. Sorry beta male, get used to it.

I know it's an old cliche... but I literally threw up in my own mouth. There isn't one thing you said here that isn't an honest admission of being a complete douchebag on every level. But honesty is good, I guess.

Wow. Weirdest wrong turn on a thread in a while. Blech.

Anyhoo, Grossi was asked best surprise on the Browns (this morning). He said with Hoyer out, it's obviously Skrine now. He's playing that well. Last game was fantastic.

He's got it all: Speed, aggression, great tackler, improving technique and ball skills. He has so much to work with (mostly the 4.3 speed), simply being forced into action almost guarantees he'll be at worst very good. It's fun watching it happen.

Wrong again on both accounts. If being critical of an incredibly average team that has glaring weaknesses is "being negative" then so be it.

they are in first place by themselves at the quarter poll u fuck. Which team are u currently front runnin these days SukFuk.

For the stats part, Skrine has 25 solos, second to DQJ by only 2! He already has 9 PDs, which is crazy high for 5 games. At that pace, he'd have like 29 which would probably be some kind of record.

Part of it is having Joe Haden on the other side, Skrine's gonna get more opportunities... but he's showing up huge. Two brasses in a row said he had legit starting potential and it's coming true.

Love Skrine, Robertson, and Gipson. Great finds.

Don't worry about the specifics of what I do. I work in TOP SECRET department and my contract strictly forbids me answering "lead in" questions. You are asking lead in questions. Don't ask me again.

Enjoy your pathetic life while I earn more in a year that probably takes you 10 to accumulate.

yea u know military people too moongums... And they have read ur posts and called bs. I'm sure Ull go on to tell everyone how we should be kissing ur ass and yadayada that we are lucky to have the top of the C avg high school students protecting us against pot dealers and all. No body is impressed and most of all nobody is intimidated of a self proclaimed "alpha" whatever.

I will refer to u as gomer pile of shit for here on out. Now drop and give me..... Ya know what just go away Forrest

For the stats part, Skrine has 25 solos, second to DQJ by only 2! He already has 9 PDs, which is crazy high for 5 games. At that pace, he'd have like 29 which would probably be some kind of record.

Part of it is having Joe Haden on the other side, Skrine's gonna get more opportunities... but he's showing up huge. Two brasses in a row said he had legit starting potential and it's coming true.

Love Skrine, Robertson, and Gipson. Great finds.

i agree all the players you mentioned are great finds and playing at a high level. but i would still love to see the FO throw a couple of picks at the defensive backfield positions, even if it's just for depth. it'd be nice to get someone over 6 ft. tall back there so when we play the likes of megatron, johnson, jones or even a roddy white they can stand tall next to them.

QB MIGHT be our #1 need next year with hoyer out with an injury that could affect his career and a DA clone starting for us now (let's hope i'm wrong about that).

STILL HAVE TO FIX THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE OL THO!

From dog pound daily:

"It is easy to forget that Skrine was drafted basically as a track athlete who played a little corner. He was extremely athletic and had incredible straight line speed but he had no clue what he was doing as a corner as he moved onto the NFL. There were some articles that projected based on certain athletic traits, that Skrine could become a great corner, but it was going to take time. It has."

You know I didn't know that about him, and that makes his recent success even more impressive. Gotta wonder if he had 4 years of college play as a CB how good he'd be right now.

it's not an act. I make pure football analyses and I use blunt language. So to soft liberals like you it will offend. Sorry beta male, get used to it.

OK, I will follow your lead and make pure analysis and use blunt language.: You are either a pessimist at heart or are just trying to get people's goat with your negative comments. Either way you are a fucking dumbass. And I am a liberal and I have no problem if you are offended.

And if others are beta males...then you may be the omega male.

I agree right back, Mik. We should add to the cornerback group... a guy with size. Depends on free agency, but we need to upgrade at WR, RB, and CB in addition to the QB. We have shitloads of money and you'd prefer to draft the QB and RB (get one in round 3?)... so it might be CB and WR in free agency.

That said, it was nice to see Little resurface a little.

i agree all the players you mentioned are great finds and playing at a high level. but i would still love to see the FO throw a couple of picks at the defensive backfield positions, even if it's just for depth. it'd be nice to get someone over 6 ft. tall back there so when we play the likes of megatron, johnson, jones or even a roddy white they can stand tall next to them.

QB MIGHT be our #1 need next year with hoyer out with an injury that could affect his career and a DA clone starting for us now (let's hope i'm wrong about that).

STILL HAVE TO FIX THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE OL THO!

I need to stop talking about Hoyer because it's bumming me out. So... Buster Skrine? He outplayed Haden on Thursday night. He was great covering AND tackling. Had an amazing game. Kid is really shooting up the charts. He's a keeper.

Glad you posted this. Skrine was awful last year, but he has had two darn good games in a row.

And the ones that demand a thank you for VOLUNTERING. Ill thank the last guy that was drafted. He DESERVES a thank u.

Not that I'm not thankful for the humble military folk

Really? Drafted? When the fuck did that last happen in the early 70's? The people who volunteer deserve the thank you dickhead. People who were drafted were mostly pieces of shit and did nothing.

Plenty of people volunteer because they don't have a lot of other options and they like guns. Let's not get carried away with some notion that everybody in the army is Captain America now. Shit, I could name five complete dickheads from my graduating class who joined the army and came out even dickier than they went in.

Plenty of people volunteer because they don't have a lot of other options and they like guns. Let's not get carried away with some notion that everybody in the army is Captain America now. Shit, I could name five complete dickheads from my graduating class who joined the army and came out even dickier than they went in.

And I could name five complete dickheads who were pussies and afraid to serve during a war.

BTW, Browns are now 5th in pass DPR (69.3). Tied for 1st in sacks (18). First in YPA (5.8), often called "the most important stat in football." They're one of the best pass defenses in the league. There's not a lot more we could do in that area to win more games.

We need to catch up on offense. That said... I'd like a corner with size.

Pluto had a stat this morning that escapes me, but it's something like: Skrine has been thrown at 20 times the last two games for only 7 completions, 1 interception, and most importantly... 0 penalties. Gotta think that's a PR of like 25.

Seems like he's really getting it.

Last year I used to cringe when Skrine's name was mentioned. This season he won me over with his play in the endzone a week or so ago. He nullified a TD attempt by closing fast, getting his hands in the receiver's face and I don't think he even touched the guy. It was amazing to me. I think the guy deserves a thumbs up for his improvement. It's likely teams have been throwing in his direction because they had the same opinion of his play that the rest of us previously had. Time will tell if this is an aberration but color me impressed.

the fact that the team hoisted him onto their shoulders after that int shows his teammates are also impressed.

there's no doubt discussion in meetings and gameplanning included everyone expecting Buster to get targeted and picked on, and with the entire team [as well as the world] watching intently he rose to the occasion and executed again and again.

not bad for what, a 5th rounder i believe? not bad sir. not bad uh tall.

I always admit when I'm wrong and and each week goes on Skrine is making a fool of me. Even the first week of the season he looked bad but he has come on like a lightning bolt since. As many have stated each week I'm sure the opposing OC's are targeting Skrine/anyone not named Haden. The fact they've been playing so well lately has been in good part to his great play.

with Haden no longer predictably lining up at LCB every snap and now following the opponents 1WR wherever they are the scheme requires his opposite to do the same. it's an advantage for Joe, who is athletically talented enough to play anywhere...guys like Chris Owens, Sheldon Brown, even blast from the past Leigh Bodden...all solid guys but only great on one side. when you have tendencies, you become predictable. when you become predictable your opponent can gain competitive advantage and exploit you.

nowadays Joe knows who he's facing all year long, barring injury. he could study for his week 16 opponent today if he felt the need. it's an advantage for him, and an advantage for the Browns. but with that philosophy you need others capable of the same.

with Buster, they just may have that.

with Haden no longer predictably lining up at LCB every snap and now following the opponents 1WR wherever they are the scheme requires his opposite to do the same. it's an advantage for Joe, who is athletically talented enough to play anywhere...guys like Chris Owens, Sheldon Brown, even blast from the past Leigh Bodden...all solid guys but only great on one side. when you have tendencies, you become predictable. when you become predictable your opponent can gain competitive advantage and exploit you.

nowadays Joe knows who he's facing all year long, barring injury. he could study for his week 16 opponent today if he felt the need. it's an advantage for him, and an advantage for the Browns. but with that philosophy you need others capable of the same.

with Buster, they just may have that.

Perhaps a slight positive from him not having played college ball at all, if there are any.

Archived