THE BROWNS BOARD

Will Brian Hoyer be in Cleveland next season?

Adoug319

But again... Hoyer is a lock. I just think the chances that they'll be in wagon hitching have become remote. He turns 29 next year and has three starts and is coming off major knee surgery. It's not a prescription for commitment and that's coming from someone who liked his game quite a lot.

Here's a name: Nick Foles. He's a legit NFL starter and keeps proving it. He'll never, ever fit Chip's vision (any other coach would've switched to him full time by now). He'll be pricey and popular... but you might be able to get him with the Colts' pick. And there, he might be the better choice than what would be left at 25-ish. Certainly no Bridgewater, Boyd, or Mariota there.

Our line has played very well the last couple games. Now that Lauvao is back and Pinkston will return soon, let's see what we have as the season progresses. It certainly isn't our biggest need. QB, RB, #2 CB, and another WR all trump it.

Foles looks ok but there is no way he is worth a 1st round pick. He was drafted in the 3rd round and hasn't shown anything to warrant a higher pick than that.. We also have Hoyer on a cheap 2 year contract so Hoyer will definitely be in Cleveland assuming he recovers fine from his knee injury.. I see QB and WR as top priorities with our draft picks. We will grab a RB in free agency.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we pay very close attention through the off season to his recovery. If he is making a full recovery we should not trade up to get a QB. We should work on our o-line, add a db, wr and rb. A quarterback in the 3 or 4th round for project would be great. I am 100% convinced Hoyer can be a VERY good NFL starting QB.

I agree about Hoyer and I'm sure they will keep close tabs, but it's going to be tough to evaluate by April.

I'm afraid where we draft a QB is going to depend on Wheezy's showing.

And I am very afraid...

Hoys lost his composure on the run that may end up costing him his career. His top priority, and it really isn't a tough one, is to protect himself at all cost. Dude was gripping hard and forgot all about fundamentals with his half assed attempt at a slide. Coach Turner needs to take a large part of blame also. He did not prepare Hoyer properly and his fucked up incompetence will have significant short and long term implications.

ACL reconstruction is a heavy duty trauma to the body and psyche. Look how tough a time RG3 has had. The jury is still out on him.

True that it may have cost Hoyer his career, but only because of the timing of the injury because now we cannot be sure.

Don't agree with any of the rest of your comments:

- I don't think hew lost his composure. I think he simply did not see Alonso coming. He was sliding to get down and avoid a hit by the DB closing in front of him. Alonso closed from his left rear. Regardless I haven't a clue how Norv could have better prepared him.

- There's a huge difference between Hoyer and RG3.... RG's talent lays as much in his legs as his arm or head. With Hoyer it's predominantly in his head... and unless he suffered an undisclosed concussion, no worries there.

Totally disagree, Erie. I think this team is a great quarterback from 10-6 today, right now.

Good trick seeing as how we've only played 5 games...

(sorry, could not help myself...)

don't know how much faith I'd have in a teammate with a whole three starts under his belt "mentoring" me.

If Hoyer has the work ethic, that would be enough.... and if he is a Brady disciple, he has the work ethic.

I'll be the reincarnation of E Hemmingway after a few more. But, I doubt if you know who that is.

Hope it ends better for you...

How does Weeden look behind our line? We have one of the highest ADP's in the league for our linemen.There's no player on our line drafted later than the early third round. Two first rounders and a second rounder at the key positions. Top 15 in every aspect last season.

A scatterbrained QB behind a good offensive line means turnovers and losses.

It's not like our OL just played ten times better with Hoyer in.

bad decisions in drafting from the front office let that happen brother, not the fans. i would replace tha whole right side of our OL tomorrow if it were up to me.

yes of course you need a 'franchise' QB ala trent dilfer to win the superbowl. we all know that.

what was their prescription for that win.hmmmmmmmm. a running game, a GREAT defense and a offensive line which protected a dumbass who played not to lose. who were their receivers again? quick. no cheating.

Archived