THE BROWNS BOARD

Pulling for you guys from Jacksonville

Jag4life00

Thanks man. The Jags are in a crappy yet good situation at the same time. This year I'd be baffled if they won 2 games but there's no reason they shouldn't get the 1st overall pick. This draft class has 3-4 potential franchise QB's unlike last year so odds are you all will get a good one. I'll never forget that year the Jags went to the playoffs and Garrard had that clutch QB run to win the game.

yeah they showed a fan-based tebow rally there a week or two ago and there were more reporters there than fans.

lose all you want, get the 1st pick. it still won't fix the other 20 holes you have to fix.

as we know here in cleveland all too well.......hope you got a GM with a brain. if not it's going to be a long decade.

hell the zombie apocalypse could be upon us before either of our teams sniff the playoffs.

i loved blackmon and wanted us to draft him then.

didn't know then that he likes the sauce as much as i do.

he needs to stay staight earn his dough as a top flight receiver, then when all is said and done he go go out in a blaze of glory driving his lambo into a tree doing 185.

Just had a look - wow does that schedule not get easier:

@Broncos

Chargers

49ers

@Titans

Cardinals

@Texans

@Browns

Texans

Bills

Titans

@Colts

Do you see you guys beating any of those teams? Possibly the most likely is the Browns! Maybe the bills at home? It's a shame none of the steelers, jags or giants play each other this year - no probably Suck Bowl.

Just had a look - wow does that schedule not get easier:

@Broncos

Chargers

49ers

@Titans

Cardinals

@Texans

@Browns

Texans

Bills

Titans

@Colts

Do you see you guys beating any of those teams? Possibly the most likely is the Browns! Maybe the bills at home? It's a shame none of the steelers, jags or giants play each other this year - no probably Suck Bowl.

So basically all the West & South teams are going to use JAC as a punching bag.

Broncos start as 27.5 point favourites against Jacksonville! Well, at least you *might* cover the spread.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/10/06/broncos-officially-open-as-27-5-point-favorites-over-jacksonville/22263/

Speaking of covering spreads. I hear that something like 300 million dollars changed hands in an instant as a result of that last crazy play in the Ohio State-Northwestern game. The spread I hear was Ohio St. favored by 7 points. Northwestern had that beat, being behind by only 4 points until the last play when NW tried one of those crazy Stanford Band type lateral plays, which ended up with the ball being kicked around until finally it was recovered by OSU in the endzone for a TD...making OSU a winner by 10 pts., thus covering the 7 pt. spread instead of vice versa.

300 million changing hands. Sweet Jesus.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/05/ohio-state-covered-against-northwestern-on-bizarre-final-play/

Interesting that Brent Musberger calls gamblers "numbers crunchers".

Archived