THE BROWNS BOARD

Jarius Byrd?

ClevelandFanForLife

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/06/report-bills-open-to-trading-jairus-byrd/#comment-2844240

Browns have a ton of picks to deal with and could definitely use a compliment to TJ. The Bills may ask for too much though. Let's see what happens.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/06/report-bills-open-to-trading-jairus-byrd/#comment-2844240

Browns have a ton of picks to deal with and could definitely use a compliment to TJ. The Bills may ask for too much though. Let's see what happens.

unable to extend his contract until seasons end will be a deal breaker for sure.

unable to extend his contract until seasons end will be a deal breaker for sure.

I agree. Banner doesn't want guys like that

The deal could easily be contingent on Byrd signing a long term deal here. The Bucs did the same with Revis. If he won't sign a longer contract, the deal is off. Happens all the time.

does carlos boozer ring a bell

does carlos boozer ring a bell

That was a completely different situation. Revis had in writing what the extension would be before the trade was finished. No handshake deals or verbal agreements. Actual contracts were signed. The Boozer situation does not apply here.

That was a completely different situation. Revis had in writing what the extension would be before the trade was finished. No handshake deals or verbal agreements. Actual contracts were signed. The Boozer situation does not apply here.

Byrd can't sign anything until after the season

Is that because he is franshised? Franchised players can sign a deal during the season. It happened a couple of year ago but the team escapes me.

He wasn't franchised, he was tendered. According to your article it says he can not be extended until after the season

Seriously guys Byrd is a great safety but why waste all of that cap when Gipson has played very well? Byrd is a top 5 safety in the league so is tj ward. We don't need two! Gipson has played great. If you want to trade for something lets get a QB who can read a defense. There's plenty of backup qbs that could be had for the right price and lead this team to the playoffs. Under weeden I just don't have faith we can beat a good team.

Seriously guys Byrd is a great safety but why waste all of that cap when Gipson has played very well? Byrd is a top 5 safety in the league so is tj ward. We don't need two! Gipson has played great. If you want to trade for something lets get a QB who can read a defense. There's plenty of backup qbs that could be had for the right price and lead this team to the playoffs. Under weeden I just don't have faith we can beat a good team.

This.

I don't know much about Byrd, other than reputation, but I found out all I need to know when we played this week. He was being a little bitch, when the coaches basically said he could play, he didn't. He was whining saying he's only going to play when he's 100% - we don't need that kind of pussy on this team.

Ditto the last two: Why break the bank for Byrd when we're one of the best pass defenses in the league by many measures (including lowest YPA) and we have a FS playing really good football? With two healthy feet? Don't get it.

Tell me we can add a RB with some speed, a CB with some size, a right-side blocker, or another WR, I'm in. Don't get the safety fixation. Right now, the DBs are a strength and Bademosi can't even get on the field.

I'd take him in a minute.

We need a ballhawk to really put our defense over the top, I don't get the whole being content because our defense is good. If we can improve at a reasonable cost we should definitely do it.

I get confused with American slang - I though 'a minute' meant a really long time? Like, "I've been trying to get a better job for a minute" - so, you'd take him, but next year?

I'd take him in a minute.

We need a ballhawk to really put our defense over the top, I don't get the whole being content because our defense is good. If we can improve at a reasonable cost we should definitely do it.

That's just it- Byrd won't come at "a reasonable cost". Folks around here miss Bills fans lamenting his atttitude concerning his foot owie?

Let's just all admit that bolstering and remodeling our front seven, and sticking with athletically gifted but inexperienced small school players Gipson and Skrine in Uber-Coach Horton's scheme ... The front office saved us two huge draft/ free agency strokes .... They both look great.

Z

The problem with that is the Horton will be gone next season.

I hear you ... But these two will already be tested under fire and whoever takes over next year is probably a Horton disciple already on the staff.

Z

I hear you ... But these two will already be tested under fire and whoever takes over next year is probably a Horton disciple already on the staff.

Z

Disciples rarely have the same success. Ask anyone who's been picking off the Belichick tree lately.

I have no qualms about our defense as it stands today. But without Horton, I think we may need a playmaker or two.

Definitely not Byrd. But a good rookie MLB or #2 CB couldn't hurt.

My friend is from Buffalo and says that Byrd wants Revis type money. That is why the Bills

would not sign him to a long term contract and franchised him. Now he is coming up with

these Mickey Mouse injuries? Next thing is he will come down with strep throat.

My friend is from Buffalo and says that Byrd wants Revis type money. That is why the Bills

would not sign him to a long term contract and franchised him. Now he is coming up with

these Mickey Mouse injuries? Next thing is he will come down with strep throat.

Well, what I suspect is that the Browns will fill a few positions of need, and a number of positions where depth is needed in next year's draft.

Other than moving up to get a franchise QB...and using those picks to do that, what else are those picks for...acquiring needed deep talent.

That is the only way to win in the NFL now....have enough good players so that when someone gets hurt and goes down that we have decent quality backups to move right in.

Quite frankly, that is what is happening on our defensive line...Sheard and Winn are hurt right now, and Mingo et al step up.

And even the QB situation....Weeden gets hurt, Hoyer steps in. Hoyer gets hurt, Weeden steps back in. I mean, we could have been like the Bills and put in a guy that was totally in over his head. With Weeden going back in we didn't have that.

We had hoped to have that same depth on the Oline....but I am not sure we did. Cousins played so poor we were happy when Lauvao came back. (who a lot of people were not unhappy to see replaced....careful what you ask for)

Archived