THE BROWNS BOARD

Garret Gilkey

sportsvine

I am wondering how he is doing with the Browns. I am an alum of his college, Chadron State. So I am trying to keep up and follow how he is doing with the Browns. Last I knew, he was named starter at one point in the preseason, due to injured players ahead of him on the depth chart. I have no idea if he is playing, how much time is he getting, and how he is doing, if/when he gets in. It is very hard to follow an offensive lineman on an out of market team. Any input and replies will be tremendously appreciated.

Thank you.

He stood in for one of our gaurds when he went down with an injury and he performed well. He held his own. Right now Cousins is in there starting(bc of his experience) but many of us wanted Gilkey to start. We like him in Cleveland.

I am wondering how he is doing with the Browns. I am an alum of his college, Chadron State. So I am trying to keep up and follow how he is doing with the Browns. Last I knew, he was named starter at one point in the preseason, due to injured players ahead of him on the depth chart. I have no idea if he is playing, how much time is he getting, and how he is doing, if/when he gets in. It is very hard to follow an offensive lineman on an out of market team. Any input and replies will be tremendously appreciated.

Thank you.

I tailgated with his family a few weeks ago for the Bengals game. They said that either Chud or the OL coach told him to be ready to play, but I think he only got in on punt formations. I haven't seen him out there otherwise. Due to Cousins being started over him, I think there's something the coaches know about Gilkey that we don't, and I don't think it bodes well for him.

Ya. Doesn't look good enough to be an NFL Tackle. He's been tried at Guard, where he looked decent, but he is inexperienced at that position. He is not in a good spot though b/c the Browns have 3 good Guards ahead of him and still may be looking to add during the off-season. If he can stay on the team, he has a guy in John Greco to learn from for a few years and either take his place, or take his skills elsewhere...

Gilkey is a developmental player....and his development by all accounts is going well enough. He is not starter material at this point...but you never know a year or two down the line.

While he may become no superstar, your fellow alum is accounting well enough for himself.

He came with very low expectations, given the size of the college - no offence! - so there's really no way we lose on this one. If he becomes a rotational guard then I'd say it's a big win. He's on the way to becoming that from what I've seen, but very raw, as you'd expect.

Agree with the above...

Gilkey shows promise on the inside. Has the strength to stand up to DT bull rushes and drive blocks well.

Seems to have the speed to pull.

Also has great hair...

Needs polish and experience...

.. and maybe Head & Shoulders...

Archived