THE BROWNS BOARD

World War Z

I waited for it to come to Redbox so that way if it sucked I'd only waste $1.28. It was okay I guess. Those zombies weren't playing around like the zombies in Shaun Of The Dead and they moved a lot faster too. I gave World War Z a C.

the real prob with the movie was brad pitt. was he an ex cia agent that was an assasin? was he a genetecist? like surfer boy dad turned into world saver showing no emotion like he has in other movies.

if you want to see the best zombie movie that world war z tried to bite off of you have to watch '28 days later'. it changed the whole genre from the zombies of like 'dawn of the dead' and the now tv show 'the walking dead' where zombies just walk around in a daze sniffing out human flesh. these were like riotous running after you muthas.

'28 days later' scared the shit out of me. it's sequel, not so much.

• 2 weeks later...

28 days later was decent although I thought dawn was better

well george romero is to zombie movies as is alfred hitcock or stanley kubrik to thrillers.

geniuses all.

the original 'dawn of the dead' came out in the 70s i believe cuz i was in high school and stoned as hell watching that shit in it's debut. first time you could actually see a human character getting their limbs ripped off of them. the helicopter scene was especially nice. any remake of a classic IMO is sacrilege and that vin rhaymes (sp?) piece of shit was just that.

well george romero is to zombie movies as is alfred hitcock or stanley kubrik to thrillers.

geniuses all.

the original 'dawn of the dead' came out in the 70s i believe cuz i was in high school and stoned as hell watching that shit in it's debut. first time you could actually see a human character getting their limbs ripped off of them. the helicopter scene was especially nice. any remake of a classic IMO is sacrilege and that vin rhaymes (sp?) piece of shit was just that.

They shouldnt have called the "remake" dawn of the dead. But that remake was better than any other modern zombie movie including Romero's "land of the dead" and "diary of the dead"

geniuses all.

Well, the original was Night of the Living Dead. And it was made in the mid-60s, in black and white on a shoestring budget somewhere in the Pittsburgh area. I was just a kid when it came out, and it was scary as hell.

Stanley Kubrick to thrillers?

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm0000040/

WSS

yeah steve like his take on 'THE SHINING'? the little pieces of the character jack played. the movie would be described as a 'thriller' or in this day and age 'a horror movie'. but it wasn't that because of kubrik's genious. the scariest shit to me in that movie was after all the 'horror' and seeing shelly duvall running down the steps and seeing some dude dressed up as bugs bunny blowing the already dead bartender.

tweakerton.

same as in 'FULL METAL JACKET'. you know people are going to get fucked up but you just don't know when. some of the most classic movie quotes ever made.

but the scene where joker and his squad is following a tank or personell carriesr into the zone when they finally found the sniper.....there were shots of infantrymen next to the tank and in the background you'd hear a couple of snaps but you'd see the guy getting shot through his cammies, like fire crackers.

and then they leave you with mathew modine and vincent d'noffrio squatting over a 17 chink sniper just to blow her away.

that's a thriller.

Well, the original was Night of the Living Dead. And it was made in the mid-60s, in black and white on a shoestring budget somewhere in the Pittsburgh area. I was just a kid when it came out, and it was scary as hell.

my sister pleaded with my dad not to take us to the 'EXORCIST' (2, 11 year old kids, with a sister who was cool smokin weed at 17) and said that we wouldn't understand the movie.

you goddamn right! every hollow shell fallin from our big trees and rolling across my ceiling i could of sworn it was the devil. and i'm talkin about a cross bearing episcopalian. we had a couple of acres of land. a couple of mini bikes. a lot of musical instruments in the garage with the party room upstairs. but a little wind on the window after watching that movie i was crying for the preacher.

dude if you are by yourself at 13 and you see the trailer for 'BEYOND THE DOOR' or 'DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT'....and then hear russlin outside you are a scared little bitch.

well at least i didn't abuse my vagina like linda blair and vag from the steelers did.

Archived