THE BROWNS BOARD

Gravity

gravity is a vignette featuring Hollywood superstars with a prime message of.........never give up. I think we all are bettered a bit by these feel good flicks and, as mentioned, the special effects were trippy

Thank Christ it was only an hour and twenty minutes long.

Just rented it, we watched it.

1. The special effects were awesome, how the heck did they do that? Mostly computer generated...

but still..

2. The dialog was dumb. Interesting though, that Clooney ...got back into the spaceship later, and then...

you know. But

How can you continually say "I can't breathe" ...but you just keep right on breathing? eh....

and, when the rope is tangled around her foot, and he lets go?

It's outer space. He wouldn't have been a big drag on her. It's ....outer.....space. He was no draft.

3. But the visuals were amazing. How did they do that weightlessness?

4. Yes, she was undertrained. 6 months? I think not. Chinese and Russian language/flight expert...?

ha. Not buyin it.

5. I wonder what an astronaut would have been thinking while watching it, though.

6. Honestly, Clooney's dumb banter started to remind me of his role in "Oh, brother, where art thou".

7. There IS an awful lot of space garbage up there.... makes ya wonder...

Was worth watching with nothin better to do. But I'm glad we didn't pay to see it at the theater.

The beginning was boring, the dialog was dumb, and the director was surely stoned. But she

did look good in black shorts.

gravity is a vignette featuring Hollywood superstars with a prime message of.........never give up. I think we all are bettered a bit by these feel good flicks and, as mentioned, the special effects were trippy

Thank Christ it was only an hour and twenty minutes long.

This^

Saw it tonight. Really put off seeing it, but it entertained more than I thought it would.

Z

• 3 weeks later...

But it dragged a little and I was never anxious to see it again.

of course I see a lot of movies and special effects only impress me for a few minutes.

WSS

Best description I've heard of Avatar was that it's a roller coaster. You know exactly what you're going to get, and it's a fun, albeit shallow, ride. I'd put Gravity in the same category. Had to suspend disbelief when Bullock and Clooney made it to the next satellite and he was hanging on by a rope that was slipping. Outside of that, solid film.

Archived