THE BROWNS BOARD

other game thoughts week 8

miktoxic

although we lost at KC, i thought campbell and the rest of the team played admirably against a good KC. no they are now world beaters, and yes w/o the dropped passes and bad refereeing, we really had a chance to win.

here are some thoughts on some of the earlier games.

i don't think there was a 100 yd game by any rushing back today.

miami chokes.

kaepernik although they blew out the jags...his #'s were below average.

so much for cincy being powder puffs and the jets having a great defense.

Assuming JC says healthy for the rest of the year, (yea, I know) I know we will be competitive with a chance to win. I'm not saying we're going to win em all by any means, and heck, maybe we lose em all, but it's going to be a shit load more fun to watch every week.

Jason Witten should've kicked Bryant's ass....

Weeden is the devil

Bess better have as much trouble sleeping tonight as I will

How about the lions coming back in the final minute with 2 long passes and Stafford faking everyone out including his own team for the score. 100% Street ball move.

And then you have dez being a whiney diva bitch going nose to nose with whitten then Ware grabbing some jersey and shoving him around.

Jason Garrett officially on the hot seat.

yeah bess sucked today but 80% of browns fans were sucking his dick since his acquisition. and you know who you are.

no doubt we need to pick up 2 more WRs next year besides someone that can cover the opposition's #2 WR. i thought if we had a RB that their defense would have respected we might have won the game.

woulda shoulda coulda.

cincy will win our division, no doubt. big ben might be on retirement watch.

i think KC is NOT the nest team in the league.

i hate dallas so i'd love to see garrett go. maybe he could give chudnorvski some tips.

wait until they play denver pal.

if they're the best team in the afc then we gotta be the 2nd best team correct? cuz we played them better than most teams have this year, with a 3rd string QB and nor running game.

GTFO.

Not sure I'm getting why it seems to take 1 1/2 quarters for the Browns to start opening up. They looked good once things go rolling. They play 4 quarters and they can beat Baltimore.

Bingo.

Eternal Browns problem is the 1st quarter and 3rd quarter. We continually shoot ourselves in the foot. The defense can't stop anybody on 3rd down, and we either drop passes or throw short of the chains on our 3rd down possessions. It's getting real real old.

The upside is I do think we have a decent coaching staff, and we are very young. We need a better run-blocking O-line, and a mean SOB middle linebacker, in addition to a competent QB. I don't think we're that far away from being a good team.

Didn't put much thought into Campbell but after today he is easily the best qb on the roster. And as far as Bess. That guy should be cut and never asked to come back.he has done Nothing but hurt this team since since his arrival. He just made everyone forget about any one bad game weeden ever had. He has more drops than receptions this year. And his muffed punt is 1000 times worse than weedens flip. This coaching staff is lossing credibility left and right.

Browns flat out outplayed chiefs today.

wait until they play denver pal.

if they're the best team in the afc then we gotta be the 2nd best team correct? cuz we played them better than most teams have this year, with a 3rd string QB and nor running game.

GTFO.

I left out an "is". Sorry........should read........."no way is KC the best team in the AFC".

I left out an "is". Sorry........should read........."no way is KC the best team in the AFC".

hey man i fell asleep for the late games and had no idea washington was putting it on the broncos like that. i don't know who the best team is but i do believe that it is not KC.

andy reid is benefitting from every other failed coach and GMs screw-ups. i mean they must have drafted in the top ten forever. it only took them how long to get good? and by adding the skill position player needed most.....QB.

but there are ome good teams out there right now (besides KC) carolina, NO, seattle, san fran. afc is harder to figure out. but wtf happened to atlanta? there were a lot of people that thought they were a super bowl contender.

First, I believe in moral victories... and we had one today.

Other games:

The cracks showed as soon as Detroit put the pressure on "da "Boys"... I loved it... Also loved that Detroit did not cover... :)

Forget us... Denver has to the slowest starting team in the league. That game with WSH today was 7-7 at the half and that was due to a gift TD to WSH with less than 30 seconds to go in the half. Then they stomped to 'Skins late. And I am sooo happy we did not land RG3. Anyone still interested in Cousins? Not I...

The Bengals are on a serious roll. They made the vaunted Jets D look silly. And Geno is not an answer... twin pick 6's today.

From the opening 93 yard run by Pryor the Raiders made the Steelers look every bit as bad as Z keeps telling us they are.

And speaking of Pryor... who saw him coming at this level? Not ready to enshrine him yet, but the kid has already shown more than I thought he ever would.

Is there a better adjuster than Belichick? Down to the Fins 17-3 after a half in which they were booed at home, the Pats put up 17 in Q3 on their way to an easy win.

====> And if you have not seen it, the Pats pulled off the prettiest INT "tip drill" you may ever see. Check it out...

I'm trying to figure out how the fuck these dumbass coaches let these two quarterbacks sit on the damn bench? Both of them blow Weedick out of the water

?? I saw that too- Only excuse was the coaching staff had to be sure Wee- done absolutely sucked swampwater as a first round pick.

Browns flat out outplayed chiefs today.

Um, no they didn't. Chiefs didn't even have to punt in the first half. If you want to play the "if" game and say Bees doesn't fumble that punt, and we don't get a couple crucial holding calls, we might have lucked out a win- I'll agree.

BTW, Arrowhead is incredibly loud- makes First Energy seem like a church.

?? I saw that too- Only excuse was the coaching staff had to be sure Wee- done absolutely sucked swampwater as a first round pick.

BTW, Arrowhead is incredibly loud- makes First Energy seem like a church.

Agree on the swampwater theory... plus I get the feeling Wheezy is a practice/ film room All-Star.

Good time in KC? Game seems to have met your pre-trip criteria of being a good showing.

Agree on the swampwater theory... plus I get the feeling Wheezy is a practice/ film room All-Star.

Good time in KC? Game seems to have met your pre-trip criteria of being a good showing.

Absolutely. Had 'em on the ropes in the second half until Bess screwed up. BTW- I'd for sure go back to KC for a game. Great town, Great (knowledgeable & respectful fans) one of the most incredible Tailgate experiences you'd ever want to witness- (get there at least 4 hours before kick off- blows the Muni Lot away in sheer scope.) And Arrowhead is a superb venue to watch a football game.

Central Ohio market had no Browns coverage week 8. Instead we were treated to the Lions/Cowboys and witnessed one of the finest WR performances on record. Baby Face Stafford threw some amazing balls. Of course, I would have preferred Cle/KC but didn't mind settling for what should end up as one of the years best games.

Central Ohio market had no Browns coverage week 8. Instead we were treated to the Lions/Cowboys and witnessed one of the finest WR performances on record. Baby Face Stafford threw some amazing balls. Of course, I would have preferred Cle/KC but didn't mind settling for what should end up as one of the years best games.

Why would the dumbasses down there do that? Some contractual issue?

Archived