THE BROWNS BOARD

Ender's Game

Disclaimer - haven't read the book, so basing it all on the film.

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a nice concept, and I liked the idea of 'children are the future' so you get the brightest and best to be the commanders of the future. I thought Harrison Ford was good, and the lead kid was pretty good also. Of course, the special effects were good but you don't really get bonus points for this any more, it's 2013.

It did have bad points though. It felt as if the side-stories were all a bit rushed, and didn't really add much to the film. I'm sure in the book they're a bit more developed but, in the film, it was a bit stunted.

- Kid went to school.

- Kid has family

- Kid did training thing

- Kid liked the girl

None of it really developed his character, or the story line. As I say, I'm sure in the book it's much more developed, but in the film it all just felt a bit redundant.

Last Vegas looks amazing, but isn't out here yet :( there are a few things that I'm hoping to see - but not expecting to be blown away by, and this was one of them. Also out here at the moment:

Gravity

Thor

Philomena

Captain Phillips

The Hunger Games...

Bad Grandpa

One Chance

Blue Jasmine

Enough Said

I doubt they'll all be good, I doubt even half of them will be. But since I have an unlimited viewings card, I can afford to indulge a bit and see most of them :D

I have read the book, the movie was pretty decent imo so spoilers from the book follow:

- Kid went to school- very little was removed from this portion other than more bullying and the kid he fought died(the hid it from him

- Kid has family- huge side story removed here, he loves his sister(as more than a sister ;) and there is a side story that depicts what is happening and going to happen to militaristic state that the world is in when that threat is removed that his sister and brother play a huge part in

- kid does training- again shortened, I believe he was there for a couple years and proved his worth time and time again as a leader

- Kid liked girl- hollywood switched his love interest to a non family member here

also one more thing

-Kid played a mind game and had strange dreams- this was really skimmed over with the short view of the castle segment and plays a little more in the book to delve into his emotional state and is really the only insite we get into his real personality

but all and all I think it was a good movie that they trimmed a little to much from the books and they really captured the ending well.

Archived