THE BROWNS BOARD

More Good News... Pinky's Back!

USFBrown

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/05/browns-get-jason-pinkston-back/ Browns get Jason Pinkston back
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 5, 2013, 6:52 PM EST
350x-616.jpg?w=250AP

The Browns have been playing better, and now they’re getting healthier.

Today Cleveland activated offensive lineman Jason Pinkston from injured reserve/designated for return after he had missed the whole season so far with a high ankle sprain suffered in the preseason.

A 2011 fifth-round draft pick, Pinkston started all 16 games as a rookie and started six games last season before being placed on injured reserve after blood clots were found in his lungs. If he’s healthy and ready to play well, he can make the Browns’ offensive line better.

Coming off a win over the Ravens on Sunday, the Browns are now on their bye week and have to feel like they’re heading in the right direction. When they return next week they play at Cincinnati, and if the Browns win that game they’re in contention to win the AFC North.

He was slated to start at right guard before the injury... and didn't we also draft some highly rated guy who was supposed to be a first rounder if not for injury? Plus Gilkey?

I think we're gonna have plenty of guards next year.

The guy you're thinking of is Chris Faulk from LSU. Browns signed him as an UFA. If he gets & stays healthy, has a great upside.

Mike

And I know the Browns like Gilkey. That's a lot of guard competition next year.

But knowing the Browns tried to trade for Eugene Monroe doesn't bode well for Schwartz. But (again), he and the line in general have looked very different when Weeden isn't playing QB.

As run blockers, they also look very different when McGahee isn't getting the rock. Obie always seems to have holes to run through, doesn't he?

Dont get overly excited. He'll need atleast a month to get his football legs back...but ,good to hear none the less...

Yeah, but I'm betting the line got bad grades for pass blocking when Weeden was getting sacked all the time, too, right?

Honestly, I like McGahee but he looks like he's running in lead boots. I'd rather see a lot more of the Muppets, Obie and Fozzy.

Yeah, but I'm betting the line got bad grades for pass blocking when Weeden was getting sacked all the time, too, right?

Honestly, I like McGahee but he looks like he's running in lead boots. I'd rather see a lot more of the Muppets, Obie and Fozzy.

I agree,he looks very sluggish but. He still runs hard...I like him but, would like a younger McGahee

He'll need atleast a month to get his football legs back...but ,good to hear none the less...

Good... I hope they do not rush Pinky back into the starting line up.

I like it. The Muppets Obie and Fozzy. And really, McGahee is a muppet name too. That name could catch on....if those guys could actually do anything.

I would consider benching Luvey for Pinkston for two reasons: One, Luvey is a horrible run blocker and we may need that skill with the cold weather games coming up. Two, Luvey is a free agent and we should probably just let him go, so we might want to get Pinkston in there now if he is the leading candidate to start next year.

That said ... I don't think they make the change because the pass blocking and Camps has been largely in sync the past two weeks against good pass rushing teams.

Zombo

Archived