THE BROWNS BOARD

Happy Veterans' Day

Canton Mike

Happy Veteran's Day to my fellow Veterans and those currently serving.

Also, a special "Thank You" to those fine folks who support(ed) us. It means a lot.

Mike

US Army, 1966-1969. 4th Infantry Division 1/1967-5/1968

I have never served in any armed force. I don't think I could do it - I'm somewhat of a weak willed, flabby wuss. The prospect of someone shooting at me, with the intention to kill frankly frightens the living hell out of me, regardless of cause. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those people who do put their lives on the line in the name of duty and honour.

Happy Veteran's Day to my fellow Veterans and those currently serving.

Also, a special "Thank You" to those fine folks who support(ed) us. It means a lot.

Mike

US Army, 1966-1969. 4th Infantry Division 1/1967-5/1968

Thank you for your service.

Perry

US Air Force 2004-present

Happy Veteran's day everyone. I personally chose a civilian life but I come from three generations of military members. Great grandpa served in WWII, my grandfathers were in the Korean War, and Dad battled in the 1st Gulf War. Thanks to those who served our country with honor and make this country the best in the world.

Thanks for your service too.

Thank you for your service.

Perry

US Air Force 2004-present

My second cousin is stationed at Ramstein AB in Germany. Was in the Horn of Africa for 7 months and some base in GA (Robbins?). He's going to be a lifer I think. Just made SSGT (E5).

Happy Veterans day to all Vet's,but. A special mention to My stepfather who left us last january who himself is a Viet Nam vet and still has not received his Purple Heart for bravery in combat...thank you Dad for help keeping us free...

100S ATTEND FUNERAL OF WORLD WAR II VETERAN

Nov. 11, 2013 10:04 AM EST

You are here

Home » United Kingdom » 100s attend funeral of World War II veteran

LONDON (AP) — Hundreds have attended the funeral of a 99-year-old former World War II airman who died without family after a nursing home appealed for strangers to give him a send-off.

Harold Percival died Oct. 25 in Lytham St. Annes, northwest England. The nursing home placed an advertisement in the local newspaper asking military personnel to attend the service.

The ad was taken up on Twitter, and several hundred soldiers, veterans and civilians gathered at a crematorium Monday to pay respects to Percival, who served as ground crew with the Royal Air Force during the war.

The Rev. Alan Clark told mourners they had "come in numbers surpassing anything that was expected. Not because you knew him, but because each of us has a common humanity."

U.S Army 1980 - 86.

123rd signal bt., 3rd infantry division, Wurzburg, Germany.

looked on google earth to see different places i had served and the kaserne that housed the 123rd is now a water recycling plant.

seems par for the course.

can we just stay the fuck out of other people's countries and let them handle their own shit?

fuckin nuke the middle east, including israel. there goes half our probs right there.

but yes, happy veterans day!

100S ATTEND FUNERAL OF WORLD WAR II VETERAN

Nov. 11, 2013 10:04 AM EST
You are here
Home » United Kingdom » 100s attend funeral of World War II veteran

LONDON (AP) — Hundreds have attended the funeral of a 99-year-old former World War II airman who died without family after a nursing home appealed for strangers to give him a send-off.

Harold Percival died Oct. 25 in Lytham St. Annes, northwest England. The nursing home placed an advertisement in the local newspaper asking military personnel to attend the service.

The ad was taken up on Twitter, and several hundred soldiers, veterans and civilians gathered at a crematorium Monday to pay respects to Percival, who served as ground crew with the Royal Air Force during the war.

The Rev. Alan Clark told mourners they had "come in numbers surpassing anything that was expected. Not because you knew him, but because each of us has a common humanity."

What's the British version of "Murica!"

Archived