THE BROWNS BOARD

So How Do We Sweep Cincy?

TypicalBrowns

1. Campbell Soup plays consistent once again, a game against a soft and dulled down Bengals d (though they still looked decent against BAL, but they still were facing a struggling Baltimore offense). The clean passing consistency from Campbell must continue. Gordon can get behind these Bengals dbs, so Little and Bess also catch the ball and stay consistent.

2.Defense stays aggressive and inspired. Haden and Buster are both looking good, Owens is solid. Sacking Dalton and making him uncomfortable means he cant do jack shit, as Baltimore learned. You know Horton was watching how horrid Dalton is under pressure. Front 7, get after the redhead. PICK SIX CITY

3. Offensive line needs to keep Campbell nice and shiny, cant have him hurt at all. Also the run game could use work and polishing for this game. Without Geno, the Bengals d line is strong but slow, a run game against the Bengals would give the Browns a strong boost in offensive production. Who do the Browns start at RB? Mcgahee has not done much. Oby and Fozzy seem like better choices at this point.

4. 4th downs, if the Browns get in a jam, and its a close game, Chud goes for it. If there is any instance of this situation Sunday, Chud will take the chance, and they've done it 10 times already this year.

5. besides the miracle hail mary, the Bengals played like shit Sunday. The defense played admirably against a lacking offense, but they still lost. so if CIN cant shake the penalties, hurt defensive struggles and red headed overthrows at home, I think this could even be a blowout and huge boost for Clevelands morale and season.

P.S.
the bungles are undefeated at home? does this matter, does that shitty stadium really help their chances? if the D plays like they have been, nooo way. I think this is a suprising shut out that makes that stadium and its fans absolutely pissed and it burns to the ground.

Wishful thinking but I believe some sense and evidence is applied to it at least.

That'll work...

We sneaked up on them in our first meeting. I think they took us lightly and paid the price. Better believe they will not repeat that mistake.

Nonetheless, I really like us in this game. Was shocked to see the opening line had the Beagles a 5.5 point fav.

The key for me is stay aggressive. The Ravens let up just a little in the 2nd half last week and Cinci got right back in it.

On Offense let the pass set up the run.

On D blitz early and often... run blitz... pass blitz... blitz blitz... and then blitz some more.

Put the pedal to the metal and keep it there...

The rivalry alone should keep this one close, and it's not like Cincy is invincible at home like the Ratbirds & Steelers.

We need stops by our 3rd down defense, which means stopping Gresham & Bernard on the dump routes- we've struggled with that all year.

We need to score at least 3 TDs. I doubt a 17-6 score is going to happen again.

That'll work...

We sneaked up on them in our first meeting. I think they took us lightly and paid the price. Better believe they will not repeat that mistake.

Nonetheless, I really like us in this game. Was shocked to see the opening line had the Beagles a 5.5 point fav.

The key for me is stay aggressive. The Ravens let up just a little in the 2nd half last week and Cinci got right back in it.

On Offense let the pass set up the run.

On D blitz early and often... run blitz... pass blitz... blitz blitz... and then blitz some more.

Put the pedal to the metal and keep it there...

No such thing as "sneaking up" on a team in the NFL. The Rams just "snuck up" on the Colts, and freaking blew them out on their own field? You kidding me?

Any given Sunday. Keep Dalton, Green and Bernard in check, avoid Cinci miracles, and the Browns are in it.

I do believe the Browns are the hungrier team- and have something to prove. Break down the rosters position by position, and the only thing the Bungles have in their favor is home field advantage, Score early, take the crowd out of the game and win one for the Gipper. ;)

1. Campbell Soup plays consistent once again, a game against a soft and dulled down Bengals d (though they still looked decent against BAL, but they still were facing a struggling Baltimore offense). The clean passing consistency from Campbell must continue. Gordon can get behind these Bengals dbs, so Little and Bess also catch the ball and stay consistent.

2.Defense stays aggressive and inspired. Haden and Buster are both looking good, Owens is solid. Sacking Dalton and making him uncomfortable means he cant do jack shit, as Baltimore learned. You know Horton was watching how horrid Dalton is under pressure. Front 7, get after the redhead. PICK SIX CITY

3. Offensive line needs to keep Campbell nice and shiny, cant have him hurt at all. Also the run game could use work and polishing for this game. Without Geno, the Bengals d line is strong but slow, a run game against the Bengals would give the Browns a strong boost in offensive production. Who do the Browns start at RB? Mcgahee has not done much. Oby and Fozzy seem like better choices at this point.

4. 4th downs, if the Browns get in a jam, and its a close game, Chud goes for it. If there is any instance of this situation Sunday, Chud will take the chance, and they've done it 10 times already this year.

5. besides the miracle hail mary, the Bengals played like shit Sunday. The defense played admirably against a lacking offense, but they still lost. so if CIN cant shake the penalties, hurt defensive struggles and red headed overthrows at home, I think this could even be a blowout and huge boost for Clevelands morale and season.

P.S.

the bungles are undefeated at home? does this matter, does that shitty stadium really help their chances? if the D plays like they have been, nooo way. I think this is a suprising shut out that makes that stadium and its fans absolutely pissed and it burns to the ground.

Wishful thinking but I believe some sense and evidence is applied to it at least.

Well, if we can really do all this we'll be still playing in January 2014 ;)

We played like crap last week, but I expect a better game from Dalton (at least i hope! lol).

This is going to be a low scoring grind of a game. The forecast is calling for gusts of wind, a lot like last week in Baltimore. If Dalton throws it 51 times again, I'd say we are in trouble. That gameplan was stupid.

I do like our chances at home, but it won't be easy.

Anyway, good luck, and hopefully its a clean, well played game.

No more injuries!

Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is usually the right one. So, sure, you are going to get that answer.

Well, the question was 'how do we sweep the bengals' which is equivalent to 'how do we beat the bengals' which is equivalent to 'how do we score more points than the bengals' - it's like that one guy who always answers "what do you guys want to eat?" with "food!"

Well, the question was 'how do we sweep the bengals' which is equivalent to 'how do we beat the bengals' which is equivalent to 'how do we score more points than the bengals' - it's like that one guy who always answers "what do you guys want to eat?" with "food!"

OK, then I will give you the next simplest answer: Dominate them physically....which, by the way, is what the Browns did in the first game. So simply repeat that formula.

bengals o line is beat up also. they have a weaker secondary than when CLE first played them, we have arguably a better qb playing than Hoyer and a healthy o line. Not to mention a defense that's in a great groove right now. The wind would be an issue, so I can see it being a somewhat low scoring game...but that Bengals d is weaker than when they first played Cleveland. Just saying...

On the flip side, back when we played them they were still trying to figure out what they have in Bernard, and how best to utilise Eifert. You'd hope those two are more bedded in to the team by now. But evidently not, judging by the stats.

Latest forecast 60 degrees, rain, wind. Team with fewest turnovers wins. Would be nice if the Browns can somehow find a running game. Chud has hinted at using Obi more in the offense- it's about time as McGahee has zero burst left.

Latest forecast 60 degrees, rain, wind. Team with fewest turnovers wins. Would be nice if the Browns can somehow find a running game. Chud has hinted at using Obi more in the offense- it's about time as McGahee has zero burst left.

Are you going to be there, Larry?

I hope you aren't taking The Curse ... she did a number in KC.

Zombo

Archived