THE BROWNS BOARD

Rainey didnt do jack shit for us

Ya!

Can't believe he didn't set the world on fire! I mean we gave him 13 total carries!

Sure glad we held on to old ass Willis instead of feeding a young unknown back that we might have been able to keep moving forward. Now we get to start the RB search all over again next year.

They are doing the same shit with Fozzy...

Of course he has three td's already today. Why couldn't he do that while he was here?

Who really cares, I mean seriously. How many people have we let go that amounted to absolutely nothing, but everyone cried when they were let go? One of them was bound to have a good game after they left.

Fozzy will be next. He is showing some flash but never given the ball. Enough of old man McGahee!

F investing into a new running back next year. keep fozzy and lewis keep obannana and pick a 7th round pick in the draft.

I'm fine with taking a running back fairly early as long as it's not our top 2 picks. I honestly think Carlos Hyde will be an awesome NFL back so here's to hoping he slips down to the 3rd.

The real question is ... if any old Bobby Rainey off the street can rush for 160 yards and 3 TDs in the right situation ... why the FUCK is Willis MacGahee still our our feature back? He's slow as fuck. He's never going to run for 60 yards again, let alone 160.

Fozzy, Oby ... anybody. If you can pick up the blitz and run faster than a defensive tackle you should be starting for the Browns.

Zombo

The real question is ... if any old Bobby Rainey off the street can rush for 160 yards and 3 TDs in the right situation ...

answer below:

Of course he has three td's already today. Why couldn't he do that while he was here?

answer below:

Ya, our coaching staff never gave him enough of a chance. Rainey is playing the Falcons tho, who are utterly terrible

check one √

Ya!

Can't believe he didn't set the world on fire! I mean we gave him 13 total carries!

Sure glad we held on to old ass Willis instead of feeding a young unknown back that we might have been able to keep moving forward. Now we get to start the RB search all over again next year.

They are doing the same shit with Fozzy...

check two √

So we knew that Ogbonnaya can catch, and block well enough sporadically (not as FB though). Now we've seen him consistently make decent gains, as well as break out a long run. What more does he have to do to be the feature back? Throw a TD from WildDawg? Kick the PAT?

Where were all these complainers at when we released Rainey? He did nothing while he was here. I agree, Willis is too old and not in our future so let the young guys start getting reps. No one has been running well for the Brown anyway.

Let's calm down, the dude had one good game... he did nothing here. So far he's the rb version of Matt Flynn. Remember, he also played against the Falcons who are abysmal.

When I saw him have a decent performance on MNF vs Miami I was saying to myself, "hmm i wonder if maybe he could have possibly been the answer to our RB problems" and then after yesterdays performance, I am semi depressed that we didnt give this guy the chance to do that for us. Cant really blame the coaches/management because a lot of guys tried Rainey and passed, but its just ironic that he just got cut by us and we are in dire need of a solid back right now. I am happy for him though.

Some people are just to dumb to realize that he is the 3rd different runningback to start for Tampa Bay and the 3rd different runningback to gain 140+ yards in a game for them as well.

Ya, that's why I said "in the right situation".

I don't know who is better ... Rainey, Fozzy or Oby ... but I think they are all better than McGahee.

do you think McGahee would run for 140 yards for Tampa Bay? I don't.

Zombo

--at his torrid pace 2.6 yards per carry, it would take him 54 carries to get 140 yards.

Where were all these complainers at when we released Rainey? He did nothing while he was here. I agree, Willis is too old and not in our future so let the young guys start getting reps. No one has been running well for the Brown anyway.

Let's calm down, the dude had one good game... he did nothing here. So far he's the rb version of Matt Flynn. Remember, he also played against the Falcons who are abysmal.

the point i'd like to make is if the staff and personnel people can make such a non-call or are so blind that mcgahee is over the hill and not take a chance on the younger guy, what does that say about those people and the the future of the browns?

yeah he did nothing here. i had never heard of him or even knew he was on our roster. so what's that again say about our staff?

What's the deal with Hardesty. Is he still on the team. Because I think he'll get one more chance...

What's the deal with Hardesty. Is he still on the team. Because I think he'll get one more chance...

He was released back in September. He has a less than zero chance with the current regime of another opportunity.

Looked like he has talent but the poor guy can't stay healthy.

I agree with Zombo to the largest degree. At this point I wouldn't cut Willis, but Fozzy and Ogi should get 90% of the reps the rest of the way. There is maybe a 1% chance Willis is still with the team next year. Both Fozzy and Ogi have a good chance of being here, and one might possibly be the back we are looking for to team with Lewis. I say we find that out this year and give both of them some feature back reps the final games.

Five or six reps a game doesn't tell you squat about a back....10-20 does. We have 6 games left. That would allow each to have 3 games in the primary role with the other repping in as needed. That's how we find out if either one can be a viable option. It won't happen if Willis is hogging up 10-15 reps a game.

I've been complaining since the day they signed Willis that all he would accomplish would be to take away carries from a young back and set the Browns backfield back another year from finding talent....

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=26773&page=2&hl=%2Bsign+%2Bwillis&do=findComment&comment=353852

Everybody told me to calm down, Willis is a workhorse and we can sign him again next year if he pans out... That was probably the worst move the Brass has made so far. As it is now, they better see what they have with Fozzy. They know what Obie is and they better not hang their hat on Lewis who didn't even make it to the regular season, might be another Hardesty. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Archived