THE BROWNS BOARD

Weeden Starting On Sunday

USFBrown

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/27/brandon-weeden-officially-starting-on-sunday/

Brandon Weeden officially starting on Sunday
Posted by Josh Alper on November 27, 2013, 11:12 AM EST
x350-12-e1380913213112.jpg?w=198AP

Sunday will be Brandon Weeden 3.0-time in Cleveland.

Weeden won the starting job to start the season and then hurt his thumb early in the year, opening the door for Brian Hoyer until Hoyer blew out his knee and handed the job back to Weeden. A couple of brutal performances by Weeden led the Browns to hand the job to Jason Campbell, but now Campbell’s dealing with a concussion and the Browns have turned their eyes back to the 2012 first-round pick one more time.

Coach Rob Chudzinski confirmed what everyone expected on Wednesday when he announced that Weeden will start against the Jaguars in Week 13. Campbell is still going through the concussion protocol and Chudzinski said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, that it is doubtful that he’ll be in uniform this weekend.

Chudzinski said that Weeden “has backing of his teammates” heading into this week’s game, but it’s not like anyone in Cleveland has much choice with Campbell on the shelf. Alex Tanney was signed off the Cowboys practice squad to serve as Weeden’s backup, but his experience is limited to YouTube videos and preseason games so Weeden would probably have been the choice even if his teammates were unenthusiastic about his return to the lineup.

Weeden been that bad for you guys? I've zoned out most of the NFL this season, just can't take this much suck on a regular basis so forgive me if I'm out of the loop on this one.

He is already staring down the first receiver in Sunday's game and it's Wednesday. Yes, he is that bad.

Ok here's the real test, you have two options and ONLY two options for the rest of the year. Gabbert or Weeden who do you guys take?

I would take Gabbert because at least he is younger and has more time to grow and show potential. Weeden is what he is and he's 30 already

Weeden been that bad for you guys?

dude did you not see "the flip"? That went around the entire league. It was a national embarrassment for us. It's quite conceivably the worst qb decision in the history of the NFL and the dude tried it again the following week. Yes he's that bad. I would run Gabbert on one leg out there before Weeden.

You know what scares me is the degree to which the Jags will suck on Sunday. Weeden could potentially have a 300 yard, 2TD game, and people will start saying how he's growing in the system.

Real possiblity, the secondary was completely reworked in the offseason and we're starting 3 rookies. Our DB Gratz has looked solid but the safeties are hit and miss Cyprien and Evans. However our Free Agent DB's have been real impressive Alan Ball and Will Blackmon, a real weakness is the quick slant, if Josh Evans gets into that 3rd level he's likely to break a couple lose.

Weeden got lost under the giant American flag pre-game.

He gets lost worse, right after a snap on a pass play.

He is worse than that bad. Weeden is so bad at making decisions

on pass plays, he starts his day with brushing his teeth with

anti-biotic accidently. And he accidently does it every morning.

If he goes out and has a great game, the entire NFL and all the fans and media

will be surprised.

Yes, let's hope that happens............dammit.

Weeden been that bad for you guys? I've zoned out most of the NFL this season, just can't take this much suck on a regular basis so forgive me if I'm out of the loop on this one.

Well you'll get to see suck on wheels come Sunday. Let me clue you in what We-Done can, and can't do. He can throw 100 mph lasers to a receiver that's standing 10 feet away from him. He can throw underhanded flips to the other team, that's not when he's handling the ball like loaf of bread and getting the ball stripped, He can't feel pocket pressure worth a damn, he can't read defenses worth a shit, which results in him taking way too long to unload the ball, and take a ton of unnecessary sacks. Totally incapable of throwing a fade to the corner of the end zone. Other than that, he's what you want to see in a first round pick.

Ok here's the real test, you have two options and ONLY two options for the rest of the year. Gabbert or Weeden who do you guys take?

I had to look up Gabbert's stats, can I say none of the above? Wow, 1 TD, 7 ints, and a qbr in the 40s? Have to hold my nose and take We-Done over that hot mess, it's like saying one turd doesn't stink as bad as the other. I'd take our newly acquired (off the Cowboys practice squad) trick shot artist Alex Tanney (check out his stunts on You tube), or have Marques Gray (now our TE, but was a qb @ Minnesota) run the WildDawg all day. :) I'd wish you guys luck, but we need a win bad- I have $100 on the Browns winning more than five games this year, this one is one of our better chances, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Jags come out of Cleveland with a W.

i hope he does do great, just to shut these QB prospect faggots and their dream pick threads in next year's draft.

maybe this fantastic coaching staff of ours can finally call a game around a guy that throws a fastball and nothing else.

so far chudnorvski have blown the fat hog.

Well you'll get to see suck on wheels come Sunday. Let me clue you in what We-Done can, and can't do. He can throw 100 mph lasers to a receiver that's standing 10 feet away from him. He can throw underhanded flips to the other team, that's not when he's handling the ball like loaf of bread and getting the ball stripped, He can't feel pocket pressure worth a damn, he can't read defenses worth a shit, which results in him taking way too long to unload the ball, and take a ton of unnecessary sacks. Totally incapable of throwing a fade to the corner of the end zone. Other than that, he's what you want to see in a first round pick. Mr. Hoorta

Just as I forgot and had my coffee at our computer keyboard. dammit, Hoorta.

I fear weedone will will laugh and suck worse than ever. He doesn't give a damn, he isn't

smart enough.

Yeah, weedone thinks it's funny when he fumbles, and throws crap passes, and loses the game

for the rest of the team. That's the limit of his ability to play football.

The only way weedone has a good game, is if the entire rest of the team stands up in

a players only meeting, and tells him one more "laugh" or screw up, and they will take

him across Lake Erie to Canada... on a rubber tire behind a fishing charter, using

him as stink bait.

Weedone is a disgrace to Browns football.

Yeah, weedone thinks it's funny when he fumbles, and throws crap passes, and loses the game

for the rest of the team. That's the limit of his ability to play football.

Yeah, I really don't get that. Sure, the fans hate you and boo you. But you've still got to have professional pride. Block it out if you want, then be pissed off at yourself you didn't make the play, don't laugh it off. Oh gee, those fans sure got what they deserved when I threw that last pick-6...

Yeah, I really don't get that. Sure, the fans hate you and boo you. But you've still got to have professional pride. Block it out if you want, then be pissed off at yourself you didn't make the play, don't laugh it off. Oh gee, those fans sure got what they deserved when I threw that last pick-6...

I;ll be dead serious for a minute- Weeden is laughing because he knows it's gallows humor. You lose your starting job to a FA nobody (Hoyer) and then career journeyman Jason Campbell passes you up on the depth chart- it's over Grover.

Unless he miraculously stars playing 5X better, he's getting released the day the season is over.

ok. no one has not addressed this situation. maybe nobody wants me to 'jinxs' this team.....

BUT

isn't norv turner supposed to be some QB guru? why hasn't he had weeden staying late after practice and working on his 'touch' and his 'over the shoulder throws'?????????? or even little soft lobs???????

just asking. seems like they are already in the dump mode and don't give a shit about this 'kid' or this season.

i look at the top level of responsibility (FO, coaching staff etc.) before i look at the player. aren't you getting paid millions to teach these kids?

i saw holmgren as a phony long before anyone else did on this board. start thinking about that as we go to another sub .500 season.

Archived