THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland is cursed

Adoug319

...and been cursed for a long time...

Can't tell if I'm serious? Ok let's put this in perspective. This country is founded on the genocide of OVER 70 MILLION Native Americans. So not only did this country kill them, give them diseases their immune systems weren't accustomed to, keep moving them west, taking their land, making treaties with them and not fulfilling them, and turning a beautiful land into a polluted wasteland where corporations have taken over power and call the shots, and then we go and make our team the Cleveland fucking Indians, with a logo with a red face and a feather, and huge smiling teeth... And you can't tell if I'm serious? Holy fuck.....

Can't tell if I'm serious? Ok let's put this in perspective. This country is founded on the genocide of OVER 70 MILLION Native Americans. So not only did this country kill them, give them diseases their immune systems weren't accustomed to, keep moving them west, taking their land, making treaties with them and not fulfilling them, and turning a beautiful land into a polluted wasteland where corporations have taken over power and call the shots, and then we go and make our team the Cleveland fucking Indians, with a logo with a red face and a feather, and huge smiling teeth... And you can't tell if I'm serious? Holy fuck.....

You're not wrong until you get to the part where you think the city is cursed because of a team name. That's kinda crazy man. If they changed the logo design would that be ok?

Wow, so...... You are in favor of capitalism? Get out of here with that curse stuff man you sound crazy

What the fuck does that have to do with Fozzie Whitaker touching an onside kick before it goes 10 yards?

Z

remind me to hit the snooze button.....ugh. blah.blah. fuckin blah.

The Redskins won a super bowl. There goes that bat shit theory.

LOL...

Not to mention the Blackhawks have won 2 Stanley Cups in the last 4 years...

Beat me to it...

Really? I believe the Indians were called the Indians in '64 Squawman.

Not to mention the '48 Tribe...

Clearly we are snakebit. It's gotten to the point where losing in a grandious fashion is Cleveland's identity. It's not the best identity, but at least it is an identity. Better to be Cleveland than the many many many teams around the country that just plain out suck in completely unremarkable fashion.

And Art Modell gets in Hall of Fame, time to let it go guys

He doesn't deserve to be in the Hall of Fame. He was a bumbling owner in Cleveland that went 30 years without getting his team to the Super Bowl before he moved one of the NFL's greatest franchises without so much of a warning.

So ... he was on a committee introduced MNF and he won a Super Bowl with someone else's money after he shafted an entire city? That's his resume? He misses the finalist list again this year ... and it has nothing to with anybody from Cleveland. People around the league see absolutely nothing Hall worthy about him.

Zombo

And Art Modell gets in Hall of Fame, time to let it go guys

Why should I let go of something he stole from this city...it's pride and a couple of championships that shouldve been celebrated here...not baltiwhore...you go kiss his dead asshole if you want :P

What is wrong with the name 'Indians'? It isn't insulting at all. That's what they were called. What should we call ourselves, the Cleveland 'Native Americans'?

Archived