THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL to Consider Centralizing Booth Reviews?

bonedawg

Is Centralizing Booth Reviews a Good Idea?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is Centralizing Booth Reviews a Good Idea?

• Yes
    • No

I've heard a lot of talk today about the NFL possibly moving all replay reviews to a central location and taking the authority out of the crew at the game's hands. It's an interesting idea in an effort to improve consistency and remove the pressure of getting the call right "in the heat of the moment" The conspiracy theorists would say that it is just the NFL's next move in being able to have a greater influence in the outcome of games, and it's not hard to imagine Goodell in front of 15 TV screens in a darkened room waving his hands to deciding team's fates. This probably wouldn't have helped us from getting butt-fucked by the refs on Sunday, but something has got to change concerning the consistency of calls around the league. This is some NBA level shit right now. The Brady bitch-boy whining that got the refs to pick up the intentional grounding flag reminded me of refs being afraid to call fouls on Jordan back in the day. You think Campbell gets a ref to pick up a flag? No fucking way.

I don't think centralizing reviews is the final fix to the cluster-reffing-fuck we saw on Sunday, but if it used in conjunction with some other changes, I do think it can be effective. For example:

1. All penalties over 15 yards are reviewed in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd and 4th quarter.

2. Piggy-backing on an idea already thrown out in another thread, refs have a different flag that they can throw for "questionable" calls. As soon as the flag is thrown, a replay in NY is activated even as the play is still going on and a decision is sent in to the head ref on whether or not it was indeed a penalty. This can be done to reduce the time it takes to review plays and keep the game moving even with increased reviewing of plays.

We weren't the only team that got fucked by horrible officiating this week, if the NFL wants to maintain some sort of integrity, they need to do something to address the consistency of the way penalties are applied.

It would be so much faster and potentially more accurate so do it...

Enough of this ceremonial under the hood bullshit.

Also need a means of HQ buzzing in a missed flagrant penalty or pivotal call.

I think simplifying the rules needs to be the first step and then you can do something like this. Figure out what a catch is, what a fumble is, what intentional grounding is, what a legal hit is, etc etc. until the judgement calls are pretty much eliminated then we can look into centralizing. I can't see how this would work without making the games longer and even more boring for the fans that still attend the games in person.

Until the NFL becomes a legit organization again does it really matter?...what needs to happen is a thorough,independant invetigation of Goodell and its main cronies being,Kraft,Rooney,Mara..etc.

Until the NFL becomes a legit organization again does it really matter?...what needs to happen is a thorough,independant invetigation of Goodell and its main cronies being,Kraft,Rooney,Mara..etc.

By who? I agree that there is some questionable shit going on. And I too have my suspicions of professional sports being rigged, as well as Vegas and/or the refs deciding outcomes, however; I hope you don't mean that you want the government involved in that investigation? They don't exactly get things right. Not to mention it would be a waste of our tax dollars that could be spent elsewhere.

Archived