THE BROWNS BOARD

Jim Brown

BaconHound

Really? Called Richardson "mediocre". Blow-me is 0-3 since coming back. Yup, he's a moron- plays a mean game of chess if you didn't know.

even with his off the field probs (which was minimal compared to a lot of athletes nowadays) jim brown did more for african americans back in the day than anyone in history in the united states. though he couldn't save everyone (richard pryor) he did his best because of his presence and the fact that he was the best RB in history.

i'll love him just because of that alone, and then of course that he played for the browns.

unfortunately time has past him by. but what he speaks of is from his heart and he (amongst other black people) expect more from the money-grabbing black athletes of today.

sure a lot of those athletes today have charities and other 'right-offs' that help people, but no one stood up more to the then one-sided gov't who wouldn't let a black man eat in the same section as a white man than people like jim brown, jackie robinson and dr. king.

he still lives in his past, which might not sit right with a lot of people today.

If your agenda is to help society discuss the divide between some famous/wealthy African American athletes/personalities and the culture as a whole and why it exists. Instead he is implying Kobe isn't "black enough" to be at the table. I would ask Kobe as a wealthy African American why is their a disconnect with him and the social issues facing African Americans today. I think he would be surprised that it has less to do with where he grew up than it does with money and the fact that as a whole the wealthy in this country, regardless of color, live, eat and play together with little care for the downtrodden of society.

cuz kobe has never stood up for anything. period.

except when he was at a press conference to reconcile with his wife on national tv (who was sportin a 20 karat new diamond ring) and declare his innocence (hehehehe) from a rape charge that his attornies made go away with some payment, or to declare his despise of playing with shaq cuz he couldn't ball hog.

kobe IS black enough. he just isn't made fromthe same cloth as those who's footsteps he pretends to walk in.

fuck kobe. spineless bitch.

except when he was at a press conference to reconcile with his wife on national tv (who was sportin a 20 karat new diamond ring) and declare his innocence (hehehehe) from a rape charge that his attornies made go away with some payment, or to declare his despise of playing with shaq cuz he couldn't ball hog.

kobe IS black enough. he just isn't made fromthe same cloth as those who's footsteps he pretends to walk in.

Kobe IS black. But like you said, he is NOT black like Jim Brown thinks black is. Kobe grew up in a wealthy family, traveling the globe with a famous basketball player father. Jim Browns idea of "black" is much different

I'm not the biggest Kobe fan but when a "member" of the current organization calls out a high profile athlete it does make for discussion. Jim Brown is an 6 time accused wife beater, who has spent time in prison and quotes bible verses like a pastor. He has been honored by this team and, rightfully so, but now it's time to let him go gently into that good night.

I'm not the biggest Kobe fan but when a "member" of the current organization calls out a high profile athlete it does make for discussion. Jim Brown is an 6 time accused wife beater, who has spent time in prison and quotes bible verses like a pastor. He has been honored by this team and, rightfully so, but now it's time to let him go gently into that good night.

yeah and tell me an athlete on the road who doesn't cheat? lawrence taylor used to send hookers up to the opposing lineman's hotel rooms the night before the game.

jim brown's domestic probs were all on him and 'accused' does not mean guilty. just ask our upcoming heisman trophy winner. when files were charged and he was found guilty he deserved to be arrested.

but how much do you and i know about what gets swept under the rug (florida state) by police officials who know and like the celebrity?

so the greatest RB in history who stands up for his fellow man of color who has had nothing but a stellar record once removed from said HOE decides to quote bible verses, should not be heard from again?

shameful.

jim Browns past problems dont concern Me...He was a "Different" Man back then. On the other hand most of you would be right in saying he was a Douche back in the day, And what he did was absolutely wrong. However. People grow up eventually and mature. Id love to see Jim just fade away quietly and with some respect...He is after all...A Brown!

yeah and tell me an athlete on the road who doesn't cheat? lawrence taylor used to send hookers up to the opposing lineman's hotel rooms the night before the game.

jim brown's domestic probs were all on him and 'accused' does not mean guilty. just ask our upcoming heisman trophy winner. when files were charged and he was found guilty he deserved to be arrested.

but how much do you and i know about what gets swept under the rug (florida state) by police officials who know and like the celebrity?

so the greatest RB in history who stands up for his fellow man of color who has had nothing but a stellar record once removed from said HOE decides to quote bible verses, should not be heard from again?

shameful.

even with his off the field probs (which was minimal compared to a lot of athletes nowadays) jim brown did more for african americans back in the day than anyone in history in the united states. though he couldn't save everyone (richard pryor) he did his best because of his presence and the fact that he was the best RB in history.

i'll love him just because of that alone, and then of course that he played for the browns.

unfortunately time has past him by. but what he speaks of is from his heart and he (amongst other black people) expect more from the money-grabbing black athletes of today.

sure a lot of those athletes today have charities and other 'right-offs' that help people, but no one stood up more to the then one-sided gov't who wouldn't let a black man eat in the same section as a white man than people like jim brown, jackie robinson and dr. king.

he still lives in his past, which might not sit right with a lot of people today.

I was wrong the other day. You guys are right. Mik is awesome. Well said sir.

Not to mention the role he played in keeping a couple cities from burning, and the mediation of gang disputes in LA and other cities that helped reduce bloodshed...

this is a joke right?

Seemed serious to me...

Jim Brown never spent any time in prison. Maybe a few nights in jail on his "disorderly conduct" charge....because he refused to do the community service he was asked to do.

Brown was convicted of misdemeanor vandalism in 1999 for damaging the automobile of his wife, Monique. Rather than participate in domestic violence counseling, community service, and probation, Brown chose instead to serve several months in jail

Jim Brown never spent any time in prison. Maybe a few nights in jail on his "disorderly conduct" charge....because he refused to do the community service he was asked to do.

Brown was convicted of misdemeanor vandalism in 1999 for damaging the automobile of his wife, Monique. Rather than participate in domestic violence counseling, community service, and probation, Brown chose instead to serve several months in jail,

Brown served less than four months of a six month sentence. He chose to serve the jail time rather than complete

a domestic violence counseling program and donate to a battered women's shelter. In an interview on Fox Sports,

Michael Irvin asked why on God's earth would Brown elect to go to jail rather than take the easy way out. Brown replied

that if he had taken the plea he would still have been on probation after satisfying the requirements of the deal,

and any subsequent infraction of the law would have resulted in him violating his probation and subject to punitive jail time.

By electing to go to jail, Brown, in his words, walked out of jail "beholden to no one".

Brown was convicted of misdemeanor vandalism in 1999 for damaging the automobile of his wife, Monique. Rather than participate in domestic violence counseling, community service, and probation, Brown chose instead to serve several months in jail,

Yes, like I said....disorderly conduct. And I don't think it was several month....I think it was several days....maybe a couple of weeks.

Yes, like I said....disorderly conduct. And I don't think it was several month....I think it was several days....maybe a couple of weeks.

I got that info off of Jim Brown's wikipedia page. So take it for what it's worth

Archived