THE BROWNS BOARD

Stoolers

nickers

you can say it's not being a good or die hard fan, I say it's what a fan base should do if they are unhappy with their team and the direction it's taking. Tomlin is quickly wearing out his welcome in Pittsburgh and more and more fans choose to show their displeasure in the form of empty seats. this directly affects the bottom line of the owners/investors and is the quickest way to see real change in an organization.

maybe a couple "no shows" by the Cleveland crowd might help you from being perpetual "we'll get em next time" fans?

or maybe you're town just wins as far as the stubborn/stupid as hell fan base award goes (if there were one).

not to mention, why are you guys SOOOOOOOOO in love with our team (I mean besides the obvious envy)? not a Steeler/shit stain week and somehow we're the leading story on your board? pathetic.

funny, haven't been on this board in a long while but it's always the same shit "we're gonna kill next year with this top 10 draft pick or that free agent" and "the Steelers suck, I mean they've been consistently better than us in EVERY possible category for the better part of a generation but......"

it's like the entire message board is like a mosquito frozen in amber...........a million years from now people will rediscover the browns board and it will still have the same shit on it.

Yep you are right, its not a Squeelers / Browns week yet here your punk ass is on the Browns board. Why don't you suck the urine from your piss stained towel and fuck off back to your own board. I mean really why the fuck are you here if not to suck off your buddy Vagitron.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say this. That makes two blows to the head- one on Campbell- and no it wasn't the ground that caused the concussion according to Jason, and now giving the Bengals punter a fractured jaw and broken vertebrae that resulted in Squealer touchdowns and, oh BTW no call on either.

I don't know what the Refs are seeing on this crap, but count on your guy getting fined. But big whoop that was a game changing play- Rooney probably pays their fines, and calls them a nice clean hit. I'll call the Bungle play for what it was- a major Whines Hard style cheap shot.

Those shitheads have been getting away with cheap shots for years!!! Nothing new!

Those shitheads have been getting away with cheap shots for years!!! Nothing new!

It was a linebacker on the punter, huber was there to make the play and he was blocked. It wasnt a headshot and it was perfectly legal. Reports are saying he likely had prior hairline fracture of his vertabrae and the hit just did it in completely. If the same block was applied by a brown you all would be clamoring about it in a positive manner. Its a steeler so out come the tears

It was a linebacker on the punter, huber was there to make the play and he was blocked. It wasnt a headshot and it was perfectly legal. Reports are saying he likely had prior hairline fracture of his vertabrae and the hit just did it in completely. If the same block was applied by a brown you all would be clamoring about it in a positive manner. Its a steeler so out come the tears

I've come to expect nothing less out of you. Same way you stuck up for Headhunter Harrison when he was on your side. With the typical Steeler knowledge of anatomy- I suppose you think the guys jaw is somewhere around the center of his chest, so explain away how it got broken. (Yeah- it happened when he hit the ground- flat on his back.) Incidentally ounce for ounce, your jaw is the strongest bone in your body. He hit the guy in the head right under the facemask, period, end of discussion. I'm not a Bengals fan- or a Steelers fan- and that was a totally unnecessary kill shot on a defenseless player who didn't see it coming. Excuse me jackass- the guy's (pardon my French) the fucking punter- Garvin could have knocked him flat on his ass with a one handed shove. But noooo had to barrel into him high, full bore. But don't just take my word for it- here it is straight from NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300186/article/nfl-steelers-hit-on-bengals-kevin-huber-was-penalty Gee, I missed the other helmet to helmet on that play that also didn't get conveniently called. Really, how much does Rooney contribute to the Refs retirement fund?

Sort of like how Tomlin "accidentally" wandered 4 yards past where he was supposed to be when he was watching the scoreboard.

& STFU- I didn't condone any of Ward's headshots (one of which knocked a Bengals WR out of the game) in the end zone a few years back. TJ learned to not hit high- and now the Patriot whiners are bitching he targeted Gronk's knee.

I've come to expect nothing less out of you. Same way you stuck up for Headhunter Harrison when he was on your side. With the typical Steeler knowledge of anatomy- I suppose you think the guys jaw is somewhere around the center of his chest, so explain away how it got broken. (Yeah- it happened when he hit the ground- flat on his back.) Incidentally ounce for ounce, your jaw is the strongest bone in your body. He hit the guy in the head right under the facemask, period, end of discussion. I'm not a Bengals fan- or a Steelers fan- and that was a totally unnecessary kill shot on a defenseless player who didn't see it coming. Excuse me jackass- the guy's (pardon my French) the fucking punter- Garvin could have knocked him flat on his ass with a one handed shove. But noooo had to barrel into him high, full bore. But don't just take my word for it- here it is straight from NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300186/article/nfl-steelers-hit-on-bengals-kevin-huber-was-penalty Gee, I missed the other helmet to helmet on that play that also didn't get conveniently called. Really, how much does Rooney contribute to the Refs retirement fund?

Sort of like how Tomlin "accidentally" wandered 4 yards past where he was supposed to be when he was watching the scoreboard.

& STFU- I didn't condone any of Ward's headshots (one of which knocked a Bengals WR out of the game) in the end zone a few years back. TJ learned to not hit high- and now the Patriot whiners are bitching he targeted Gronk's knee.

Hoorta:

Your wasting words on this prick..Not one time has he contributed anything but lie about his business here. He hasnt contributed "ONE SINGLE THREAD" about the AFC in general. Wich he claims to come here and find info about ...But you never hear a peep out of him unless someone mentions something about his Stoolers. He sits here lurking then runs his stupid bitch mouth. He's a complete liar and he knows it.. What he doesnt understand is "we all know it too". It becomes reduntantly hilarious how he sticks his own foot in his mouth time after time.

Gaf,

Why do I hate the Steelers, but do not hate the Colts, Patriots, Broncos, etc.? I mean its all envy right?

First, I think some has to do with the lack of humility in the fan base. They will attribute their winning ways to the 'genius' well ran franchise. And you know what? Of course they are well ran. Yet, they are completely oblivious to the variance and luck that goes into having a winning team (yes, even for decades). Are the Colts brilliantly ran? The Pats are getting 15 years of great play because of hitting a QB in the sixth round. I'm sure you know that Bradshaw was won on a coin flip. You guys aren't saying 'we got 6' if you lose that coin flip. The Steelers have won 52% of their NFL games. The Browns 51% (54% if you include AAFC, but I know that gets Steeler fans panties on fire so I left it out). What are the percentages going to be for the next 50 years? Probably something close to 50%.

Second, it seems like no team in the league head hunts and cheap shots quite like the Steelers. Throw in the hypocrisy of a 'class act' organization and there you have it. I do not like the Steelers.

Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.

As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.

Funny, but your description of Steelers fans sounds allot like how I would describe OSU fans.

As far as the cheap shots, this is where you and your fanbase is very hypocritical. If a Browns player laid out a Steelers player in the same manner that you describe above, their would be orgasms on this very board for years. Don't be a hypocrite.

no there would have been 15 yards added to that play, and we would have bitched about how we are never never gifted calls like other teams in the nfl.

Hoorta:

Your wasting words on this prick..Not one time has he contributed anything but lie about his business here. He hasnt contributed "ONE SINGLE THREAD" about the AFC in general. Wich he claims to come here and find info about ...But you never hear a peep out of him unless someone mentions something about his Stoolers. He sits here lurking then runs his stupid bitch mouth. He's a complete liar and he knows it.. What he doesnt understand is "we all know it too". It becomes reduntantly hilarious how he sticks his own foot in his mouth time after time.

can I add that he's a spineless homo that wouldn't bet milk or I... all the while clamoring how the steelers have pro bowl caliber players on the bench and the stools always nail the draft.

Cap cuts are coming once again this year (evil laugh).

When you hit someone square in the face, how can you say that was not a head shot?

Are you looking at different anatomy manual than the rest of us? Or did you think this guy was an alien where his head is where his dick should be and his dick where his head should be?

Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.

(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)

At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.

First wrong assumption, I am not an OSU fan. Also, college sports and pro sports are waaaay different. Prolonged dominance in college is much easier to sustain than in a salary cap pro league. Its not even close and mindless comparison you made. OSU is much more likely to be excellent for the next few decades than any NFL team.

Second wrong assumption, how do you know I hypocritical? I dont like those hits either way. I didn't realize you were sitting in my living room when I cringe on a tj ward hit.

can I add that he's a spineless homo that wouldn't bet milk or I... all the while clamoring how the steelers have pro bowl caliber players on the bench and the stools always nail the draft.

Cap cuts are coming once again this year (evil laugh).

I never said we weren't betting, we never finalized anything and just seemed to stop talking about it before the season began. Figure out a bet for next season that's reasonable.

Maybe.....but at least we would acknowledge it as a cheap shot. I mean, yinzers have to go back 40 years to find a cheap shot by a Browns player on a Steeler. Was what Joe Turkey Jones did to Terry Bradshaw a cheap shot? Sure it was. We acknowledge that....and have for 40 years.

(but...yes, that does not mean we were not entertained by it. Can you imagine what kind of punishment he would get today?)

At least figure this....the Browns did the rest of the AFC a favor when TJ Ward....on a completely clean legit hit, took out Gronkowski. Hopefully that action will spare us all from having to see the Patriots (yes, one of the darlings of the Networks because they are Boston/East coast as that is what they are biased toward) from making a deep playoff run.

Ive watched a gif. Of that hit several times over and they happen all the time on kick and return coverage. He didn't lead with his helmet his helmet made contact with Huber and his facemask as a result of Huber being smaller and garvin not getting low enough. Its also why this rule is a little ridiculous. I would also like to know why a punter is considered defenseless. If he can make a tackle on the ball carrier to stop the return why is he defenseless? If we are protecting the punters and kickers of the league they should just be taken out of those plays all together. Bottom line there is no consistency with the NFL and these calls and that's the biggest problem. Dig up the gif. There is t a player in the NFL that would prefer a player go super low just like ward on gronk. ward went that low to avoid a fine but he also ruined gronks season and seriously jeopradized his long term career. I blame the lg not ward.

Ive watched a gif. Of that hit several times over and they happen all the time on kick and return coverage. He didn't lead with his helmet his helmet made contact with Huber and his facemask as a result of Huber being smaller and garvin not getting low enough. Its also why this rule is a little ridiculous. I would also like to know why a punter is considered defenseless. If he can make a tackle on the ball carrier to stop the return why is he defenseless? If we are protecting the punters and kickers of the league they should just be taken out of those plays all together. Bottom line there is no consistency with the NFL and these calls and that's the biggest problem. Dig up the gif. There is t a player in the NFL that would prefer a player go super low just like ward on gronk. ward went that low to avoid a fine but he also ruined gronks season and seriously jeopradized his long term career. I blame the lg not ward.

The guy hits him first with his helmet to the face mask....but he didn't lead with his helmet? Like I said, you have a bizarre sense of anatomy.

FYI....if the league didn't have a rule about "no hitting near the head"....Ward still did the right thing to take him low.

I mean the very little football that I personally was involved in playing, I was taught to "knock a guy off his feet" by grabbing him low and disallowing his legs to function. Ward hit the guy low and knocked him off his feet....right like he should be taught to do.

I got hit playing football once just like Gronk did, right on the knee, by an all league performer at LB. Fortuneatly I was not hurt as bad. Just a sprain.

But, I made up for it by getting my ACL tear playing baseball.

You are using a poor comparison. The hit on the Punter was an acceptable hit up until the Roger Goodell era. The Bradshaw hit was always considered a dirty hit. But to be honest, I never got all that outraged even with the Bradshaw hit, because it's football and there is a very fine line between dirty and not dirty. The Steelers have always played on this fine line throughout their history, even before Noll they were known as a team that wasn't very fun to play against. Again, this is football, it's supposed to be tough.

You are using a poor comparison. The hit on the Punter was an acceptable hit up until the Roger Goodell era. The Bradshaw hit was always considered a dirty hit. But to be honest, I never got all that outraged even with the Bradshaw hit, because it's football and there is a very fine line between dirty and not dirty. The Steelers have always played on this fine line throughout their history, even before Noll they were known as a team that wasn't very fun to play against. Again, this is football, it's supposed to be tough.

I guess I need to see that hit again. If it can be posted, I can better make up my own mind.

(and I wouldn't blame these rules on Goodell. He is doing what he needs to do to protect his owners interests from lawsuits by former/current/future players).

I know that the Steelers have been considered a dirty team since Noll came on board. That was a trademark of the Steel Curtain.

Yes, they were dirty as fuck.....and one Joe Jones play didn't make up for dozens of dirty plays by the Steelers.

Prior to the Noll era, I am not aware that they were considered dirty.

I know that John Henry Johnson was one hell of a tough runner...but I don't know about dirty.

I hate to see someone blasted like Huber was, but I bet this rule is quietly modified in some way in the off season. Roughing the kicker has been around a long time but making punters a protected species through the whole play is much more recent. If they are going to try to make a tackle, as Huber was intending to do, they have to be treated like other players. Or give punters a different color helmet. Or make them leave the field of play as quickly as possible, maybe assess a penalty if they block or attempt to tackle. I don't know.

If he had not been a punter, the block would have been legal. Until this year it might have been legal to hit a punter on the return if he was attempting to make a play.

Anyone notice the Bungles #40 grabbing the returner's chin an instant after Huber is hit? It turned his head while he was running full speed. A lot of nasty injuries do happen during returns.

If Turkey Jones was playing for the Browns today he would be their best defensive player. All the more amazing because must be 70 years old by now.

They will attribute their winning ways to the 'genius' well ran franchise. And you know what? Of course they are well ran. Yet, they are completely oblivious to the variance and luck that goes into having a winning team (yes, even for decades.

They are (were?) well run and developed a method that kept them in contention for a long time. I never saw a team that could lose players to free agency and not miss a beat like they did. When they let someone walk, their apprentice was usually ready. Then they quit using their own successful method. They went too long with players and are paying the price now, on defense. There drafts have been mediocre for a while as well, though 2013 was better. I don't know why that happened, maybe whoever was evaluating the talent moved on to other jobs with other teams.

On the offensive line they seem to have terrible injuries every year and have to get guys off the street to play. I honestly never heard of their center before, and before that the center was Geraldo Rivera or something, and everyone else is playing out of position.

Maybe it is as you say, variance and luck.

Yeah- if then was now, doubtless Turkey Jones' pile driver of any quarterback would probably be a $100k fine and at least a four game if not a season long ban. 20 years ago, the hit on the Bengals punter would be nice hit, too bad about your jaw. I saw Lynn Swann almost get decapitated diving for a sideline catch and the opposing player- can't remember the team-wasn't the Browns- hung out a perfect closeline to the neck. Only a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct.

It's a violent game- enough injuries happen inadvertently- but I'll draw the line where there is intent to injure- and just MHO- that was the intent on the punter. BTW, you can blame that rule change on Hines Ward- he made a living out of cheap blindside hits- and the league has taken a stance against it.

If Turkey Jones was playing for the Browns today he would be their best defensive player. All the more amazing because must be 70 years old by now.

Hardee har har. I think it was Ted Williams who first used that line when asked if he could hit .400 against "today's pitchers".

Yeah- if then was now, doubtless Turkey Jones' pile driver of any quarterback would probably be a $100k fine and at least a four game if not a season long ban. 20 years ago, the hit on the Bengals punter would be nice hit, too bad about your jaw. I saw Lynn Swann almost get decapitated diving for a sideline catch and the opposing player- can't remember the team-wasn't the Browns- hung out a perfect closeline to the neck. Only a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct.

It's a violent game- enough injuries happen inadvertently- but I'll draw the line where there is intent to injure- and just MHO- that was the intent on the punter. BTW, you can blame that rule change on Hines Ward- he made a living out of cheap blindside hits- and the league has taken a stance against it.

That other team was the Raiders.....who were about equally as dirty as the Steelers. Sorry, but the Browns could not keep up with those two teams in terms of cheap shots. the Turkey Jones play is so renown because it was like the only time the Browns ever even came close to doing something the Steelers and Raiders did on a regular basis.

That other team was the Raiders.....who were about equally as dirty as the Steelers. Sorry, but the Browns could not keep up with those two teams in terms of cheap shots. the Turkey Jones play is so renown because it was like the only time the Browns ever even came close to doing something the Steelers and Raiders did on a regular basis.

Tomato/Tomaato It's all one's perspective. Being a lifelong Steelers fan I never viewed the Steelers as dirty. Just a tough as nails team that tried to impose their will on the opposing team.

Lastly, I have watched every Steelers vs Browns games since the 70's and the Brown's took plenty of questionable shots on Steelers players throughout the years. I remember Lambert coming off of the Bench to go after a Browns player who drilled Bradshaw well out of bounds. I was there at Three Rivers for the playoff game in 94 when Keenan McArdell took a flying head shot to another level on Chad Brown after an interception that was well after the play.

Bottom line is that every team that plays a physical brand can be labeled as cheap, there is a fine line. Cheap shots in my book are going after a players legs well behind the play. Something that the Broncos taught their Olines for years.

Tomato/Tomaato It's all one's perspective. Being a lifelong Steelers fan I never viewed the Steelers as dirty. Just a tough as nails team that tried to impose their will on the opposing team.

Well, your eyes are full of piss then. You just didn't want to see the dirt that they pulled.

Lastly, I have watched every Steelers vs Browns games since the 70's and the Brown's took plenty of questionable shots on Steelers players throughout the years. I remember Lambert coming off of the Bench to go after a Browns player who drilled Bradshaw well out of bounds.

Hello, dumbass.....it was Lambert who laid cheap shots on Brian Sipe on at least 2 occasions. If Lambert came off the bench to go after someone it is because he liked to fight, pure and simple. Like I said, your brain is full of yellow urine if you can't remember those facts..

I was there at Three Rivers for the playoff game in 94 when Keenan McArdell took a flying head shot to another level on Chud Brown after an interception that was well after the play.

And how many dozens of times had Hines Ward done exactly that?

Bottom line is that every team that plays a physical brand can be labeled as cheap, there is a fine line. Cheap shots in my book are going after a players legs well behind the play. Something that the Broncos taught their Olines for years.

Well, maybe the Steelers were simply more overt with their cheap shots.

Let's just put it this way: For like 30 of the last 40 years the Steelers have had a player carrying the mantle "Dirtiest Player" in the league. Hell, for a few years they had a few of their players vying against each other for that title.....like Ward vs. Harrison

Sorry....but we don't need whiny babies like you simply because occasionally what goes around comes around.

Hardee har har. I think it was Ted Williams who first used that line when asked if he could hit .400 against "today's pitchers".

Sorry Gipper. Not up to the standards of my Milledgeville joke, I know.

I was looking at the NFL penalty site, where they show who got caught for what and who benefitted from opponents infractions. It varies a lot by team. NE seems to have a lot called against opponents and gets a lot of yardage that way. Pittsburgh was not at the top in anything except for getting called for cut blocking. Now that is a stupid penalty, officials are right there and can't miss it because it is obvious. I think it is indicative of overmatched inexperienced o-linemen that Pittsburgh has had to bring in.

Wow, what an uniformed post.

First, Lambert had one hit out of bounds on Sipe, the other that you are referring to was done by Keith Gary.

Second, when referring to Hines Ward, none of these hits were late, penalized or dirty,Just blocks made by the best blocking WR ever. Unlike Keenan's hit which came well after the play. And it was funny that after he took his cheap shot he actually ran off the field to avoid Greg Lloyd who wanted to kill him. Lloyd waited two more years when Keenan was in Jacksonville to get his retribution. That's how the Steelers roll. Hines was a warrior, the Browns would consider themselves lucky ever to have a competitor like him wear your stinky colors.

Lastly, as far as crying. The Browns fan base was the biggest group of whiners I have ever seen that glorious day back in 2010 when James Harrison Knocked out your entire football team. And it actually peaked into full panty complainers when in Harrison KTFO your QB from Texas.

The above points are facts and not up for argument.

Forget it, squeeler fans. It goes way back, this history of winning, if necessary, with cheap,

violent shots.

Like taking the Cincy qb out, early, in an important game.

All the nonsense rationalizations won't change the dirty, cheapshot steeler history.

Comes with the steriod use, perhaps...

Wow, what an uniformed post.

Wow what an uninformed and biased pos you are.

First, Lambert had one hit out of bounds on Sipe, the other that you are referring to was done by Keith Gary.

There were probably others by Lambert that you don't remember....but thank you for pointing out that that Steeler team had more dirty players on it than just the ones I recall.

Second, when referring to Hines Ward, none of these hits were late, penalized or dirty,Just blocks made by the best blocking WR ever. Unlike Keenan's hit which came well after the play. And it was funny that after he took his cheap shot he actually ran off the field to avoid Greg Lloyd who wanted to kill him. Lloyd waited two more years when Keenan was in Jacksonville to get his retribution. That's how the Steelers roll. Hines was a warrior, the Browns would consider themselves lucky ever to have a competitor like him wear your stinky colors.

Hines Ward was voted by his peers....the other players in the NFL....not by me or any Browns fans, as being the dirtiest player in the NFL for a number of years running.

Sorry if you cannot handle that fact.

Lastly, as far as crying. The Browns fan base was the biggest group of whiners I have ever seen that glorious day back in 2010 when James Harrison Knocked out your entire football team. And it actually peaked into full panty complainers when in Harrison KTFO your QB from Texas.

I don't know about "whining"....but we simply pointed out that he was guilty of being dirty.....and the NFL agreed by fining and suspending him.

The above points are facts and not up for argument.

Yep....its a fact that his NFL peers voted Hines Ward the dirtiest player in the league.

And its a fact that the NFL fined and suspended Harrison for his dirty play.

Thanks for being willing to acknowledge established facts.

Archived