THE BROWNS BOARD

The Wide Receivers

Shep

you don't need a prescription in Colorado. It's legal there

Son ... The Broncos are part of the NFL, which requires drug testing for employment.

Legal ... But you violate your employment contract.

I would have cut Bess a long time ago because he didn't come to play this year. Cooper did a better job today than Bess did in 90% of his starts.

Z

sammy watkins will NOT be our #1 pick which means he won't be there at our 2nd pick (in the first round).

there will be a lot of heads exploding between now and next april.

too bad WE (as fans) can't have a voice on talent evaluation. god knows we couldn't do a worse job.

Browns won't draft Sammy Watkins because he'd go in our QB slot. It just won't happen. This brass won't put the cart ahead of the horse like the last one did.

I could see Bortles and Marquise Lee, someone like that. We're not looking for an "all star" receiver (we have our top two in Gordon and Cameron). We're looking for a better third option than we have right now. And 2nd round (or third) is where you get that guy.

Kenny Stills, New Orleans, was a 5th rounder and he's playing really well. Then again, good quarterbacks make their GMs look like geniuses drafting WRs. Stills would NOT be doing that for the Browns.

We can't sign a serious f/a receiver until our QB situation is settled and a pretty damn high level. We have to draft them.

it's legal in Colorado, so does that mean the Bronco's can smoke weed?

It's against the NFL rules so no. Maybe it shouldn't be against NFL rules, but it is so these players shouldn't do it.

And Josh Cooper confirmed my suspicions all year that he's a better receiver than davone bess.

And beat Pittsburgh next week.

Son ... The Broncos are part of the NFL, which requires drug testing for employment.

Legal ... But you violate your employment contract.

I would have cut Bess a long time ago because he didn't come to play this year. Cooper did a better job today than Bess did in 90% of his starts.

Z

are you going to fix the fact I can't adjust my settings? I am still getting this message........Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 3, whereas the Loader expects 5 in /home/thebrown/public_html/forums/admin/applications/members/extensions/usercpForms.php on line3227

who cares if they smoke? bill clinton and george bush can be president doing coke but people can smoke a little weed? People should worry about their own lives and not other people's

And you are a fucking tool asshole. These are highly paid professional athletes dumb ass. They are paid to perform, not smoke fucking weed you fucking dipshit buttfucking piece of dog shit.

And you are a fucking tool asshole. These are highly paid professional athletes dumb ass. They are paid to perform, not smoke fucking weed you fucking dipshit buttfucking piece of dog shit.

funny shit DHBF!

yeah it's legal in a couple of states, most you have to have a medical reason but we all know how easy that script is to get.

like everyone else here is trying to say (and not in an anti-weed type of way) is if you get hired at a job that says it's illegal for you to use certain substances then it's a reason for being fired, fined or placed in rehab.

do you think fedex truck drivers in colorado are allowed to go puffing a big fatty down the highway?

weed should be legalized and taxed just like cigs and booze and everything else bad for ya, it'll come maybe a decade from now. if they do the countries' debt would go out the window overnight with every puff taken and exhaled.

the real deal is canada. they are so progressive they make us look like their stepchild. just overruled the ban on prostitution. there'll be a lot of toothless hoes back to work.

I thought we got the dick discussion out of the way in the foreskin thread...

I have a feeling the Browns still believe in Greg Little. I seriously do. He works his ass off, keeps his nose clean, and flashes that YAC ability. I could see him playing more slot next year. I'm also beginning to wonder if the guy who gets cut is Bess. He turns 29 next year and he just seems to be a mess. He'd really have to turn it around.

The Browns need to add a WR at the top of the pile, maybe as high as our second first round pick and no later than our early round 2 pick. In a deep WR draft, you'll find someone really good early in round 2, especially when you already have a #1. The Browns have some artillery to make that ever-popular move to the 33rd pick overnight and I could seem them targeting a specific WR there.

You know where I stand on drafting a WR... :)

Totally agree on Little... He's a tantalizing physical specimen and he flashes production. Makes some ridiculous catches and then drops an easy one... or three...

I'm also looking forward to Benji's return next year. Durability is a big question, but when used for more than streaks he was effective. Plus there's his PR capability...

here is a list of free agents for next year.

http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=WR&Year=2014

Two names jumped out at me:

UFA - Golden Tate - Could be that I've caught his two good games for the 'Hawks this year, but he looks like what we hoped for in Bess... but younger and with more speed.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TateGo00.htm

RFA - Dane Sanzenbacher - If he goes unsigned, then I'd sure invite him to camp. Just a quick, fearless hands guy... I prolly just have a soft spot in my head for him, but I like the kid.

Browns won't draft Sammy Watkins because he'd go in our QB slot. It just won't happen. This brass won't put the cart ahead of the horse like the last one did.

I could see Bortles and Marquise Lee, someone like that. We're not looking for an "all star" receiver (we have our top two in Gordon and Cameron). We're looking for a better third option than we have right now. And 2nd round (or third) is where you get that guy.

Kenny Stills, New Orleans, was a 5th rounder and he's playing really well. Then again, good quarterbacks make their GMs look like geniuses drafting WRs. Stills would NOT be doing that for the Browns.

We can't sign a serious f/a receiver until our QB situation is settled and a pretty damn high level. We have to draft them.

I want a quarterback as well, of course. The thing is that it's December. The draft landscape will totally change in the next few months. What if the browns don't like any of the qbs available with 1a? Does Lombardi throw his back out on a weeden-esque reach? Do they go BPA? Do they trade up? I certainly don't know what they will or should do. I just don't like the "WE MUST DRAFT POSITION X WITH PICK Y" mentality. Most people expect Hoyer to start next season anyway, we can afford to let the draft come to us...

Ah Sheppie, go look at the standings- right now we draft sixth or so, and of the teams ahead of us- four out of the five will likely be in the qb market. So the Browns will have to get extremely lucky, or give up the Ranch to move up. That's worked out extremely well for the Deaskins giving up three firsts and a second to land RG III and a three win season. The Rams thank them profusely for the top five pick.

Not only that- there isn't a Luck, or even an RG III in this draft by all accounts. (Except by the rose colored qb fanatics). I'd rather take McCarron (or someone similar) at 1b than throw away multiple picks on the third best available qb.

I agrre with Hoorta...This is "NOT" the year to give up picks to move up for a QB...it would guarantee futility in this town...

You don't go fishing with the #4-6 overall... you don't "take a chance" at that level.

I do not understand folks saying a WR of Watkins stature would not help our QB. How many times have the words "we have WRs that cannot separate" been posted here this season?

Put Sammy with Gordo and let the separatin' begin...

Archived