THE BROWNS BOARD

2014 Free Agents

LBC mike

here is a site that lists free agents, there are a few good inside linebackers and guards available next year. We have enough cap space to utilize. With a few good pick ups and the draft we should be pretty solid next year.

http://overthecap.com/

Draft Carlos Hyde, AJ Mcarron, and Ryan Shazier with three of the first four picks.

Next they should be looking real hard at wr with free agency first and foremost. Alexander from SD would look real nice opposite Gordon.

Draft Carlos Hyde, AJ Mcarron, and Ryan Shazier with three of the first four picks.

Next they should be looking real hard at wr with free agency first and foremost. Alexander from SD would look real nice opposite Gordon.

Not that big a fan of shazier or mccarron. None of the above mentioned should go in the 1st round.

Shazier projected to be mid first rounder. And Hyde and McCarran I woukd take in the second. McCarron is the only polished qb in the draft. Pro style offense great leader and the kids a winner.

Browns should not be Lookin to take a qb in the first 20 picks. There is not one worthy of such a reach.

Shazier projected to be mid first rounder. And Hyde and McCarran I woukd take in the second. McCarron is the only polished qb in the draft. Pro style offense great leader and the kids a winner.

Browns should not be Lookin to take a qb in the first 20 picks. There is not one worthy of such a reach.

AJ McCarron is not good.

It will interesting this off season. With all the draft picks, how will the Browns deal with free agency? I hope they get a WR, Guard, ILB in free agency and then use ALL the picks. No trading on draft day this year

DRAFT ALL THE BUCKEYES!

Seems like most Browns fans always say that. I for 1 don't give to shits where a player went to collage aslong as he can kick ass in the NFL. BTW I am NOT an Ohio State fan simply because they always seem to play weak teams. It happens all over NCAA. I really don't watch to much NCAA unless it is 2 ranked teams.

And I will say there was a time I was happy we had Braylon Edwards then he started to drop everything. But before all that there were a lot of people on here who hated him only because he is from Michigan. My reply to that is grow the fuck up. It is a world of differnce from Collage to pros. I am wondering how many of you would bitch if we ever got Tom Brady?

Aj Mcarron may be used to winning, hell trent was but look how that turned out, sure AJ mcarron can win with the best overall college team, that doesn't automatically translate to NFL readiness, he was a game manager. i don't feel he's had to do enough. As an A&M student i watched johhny put up numbers because he had to throw and play aggressively because of the terrible D. Yes johhny made more mistakes but he showed tremendous skill under pressure with very little weapons as opposed to mcarron who handed off the ball quite often and spurned the defense when they were playing against the run. Aj is coming from one of the top lines and offense, i don't think drafting him to a bad team without blocking or offensive weapons will lead to the same results as college, the team made mcarron and not vice versa. I'm not totally sold on any of the "top" prospects hope we don't get a qb until at least the second round, with our luck we'll overdraft another guy who doesn't pan out

DRAFT ALL THE BUCKEYES!

I suspect that we here call for drafting certain Buckeyes simply because we are familiar with them....and know the quality of their talents.

Browns need a good, tough RB....and we know that Carlos Hyde is one from seeing him so often.

Browns need a good ILB....and we know that Shazier is one from seeing him so often.

If there are others out there at those two positions that you have scouted that are better, by all means....give us your opinion.

E.g. TCPO says CJ Mosley would be a better choice at ILB than Shazier. If so, then he must be damn good, and if he is better than by all means, take him.

Let's put it this way.....the Browns are right now probably going to be better off drafting an OSU player than a Michigan player.

Michigan, I believe, has an OT that is supposed to be very good.....but that is not a priority for the Browns. The RB and ILB that OSU can provide are.

Do you believe there are any quality players out of Michigan that could fill the Browns need?

And I am talking at least 2d/3d round talent?

McCarron will go quite not just several picks after the Browns draft their quarterback... but a couple rounds later. They won't in a billion years draft low at the position again. Honestly, Mettenberger has that "outdoor arm" some draftnicks been chatting up for the Browns. That's also true of Bortles and Derek Carr.

If the Browns lose at Pittsburgh, and that seems likely, I believe they'll have the 3rd pick and the Colts 23rd-ish pick. Feels really familiar for some reason (!). They also have more money than any other team and extra picks in the third and fourth rounds.

The one thing they won't be able to sign in free agency is WRs. They never wanna sign with teams with "unsettled QB situations."

McCarron will go quite not just several picks after the Browns draft their quarterback... but a couple rounds later. They won't in a billion years draft low at the position again. Honestly, Mettenberger has that "outdoor arm" some draftnicks been chatting up for the Browns. That's also true of Bortles and Derek Carr.

If the Browns lose at Pittsburgh, and that seems likely, I believe they'll have the 3rd pick and the Colts 23rd-ish pick. Feels really familiar for some reason (!). They also have more money than any other team and extra picks in the third and fourth rounds.

The one thing they won't be able to sign in free agency is WRs. They never wanna sign with teams with "unsettled QB situations."

You watch too much ESPN hype over drafting QBs. You don't just draft a QB early in the first round because it is the most important position. Some years there aren't many great QBs to enter the draft and I'm not too impressed with the 2014 class. For every top 10 HOF pick, there are at least 3 times as many busts. Carr is damn sure not worth a top 10 pick and maybe not even a 1st rounder. Same goes for Manziel and Mettenberger. A lot of people on this board seem to like the idea of drafting McCarron in the 3rd round or so but I would love taking Garoppolo from Eastern in the 2nd round. Start Hoyer next season and let Garoppolo learn behind him for a while. We also have big needs at WR, OL, RB, ILB, and CB which we can address with the rest of the picks. Drafting a bust QB in this draft will set us back years. It's like you want a replay of a Richardson/Weeden 1st round draft.

You watch too much ESPN hype over drafting QBs. You don't just draft a QB early in the first round because it is the most important position. Some years there aren't many great QBs to enter the draft and I'm not too impressed with the 2014 class. For every top 10 HOF pick, there are at least 3 times as many busts. Carr is damn sure not worth a top 10 pick and maybe not even a 1st rounder. Same goes for Manziel and Mettenberger. A lot of people on this board seem to like the idea of drafting McCarron in the 3rd round or so but I would love taking Garoppolo from Eastern in the 2nd round. Start Hoyer next season and let Garoppolo learn behind him for a while. We also have big needs at WR, OL, RB, ILB, and CB which we can address with the rest of the picks. Drafting a bust QB in this draft will set us back years. It's like you want a replay of a Richardson/Weeden 1st round draft.

Check on that. Just last year EJ Manuel was the only QB taken in the first round. In other years no QBs were drafted in the first round because it just, apparently, wasn't justified. Some years a number of QBs are taken in the first round, and they crap out.

See 1999 with Akili Smith/Cade McNown, even Tim Couch somewhat.

A whole number of other years as well had poor first round classes. I willl treat this in a separate thread.

Archived