THE BROWNS BOARD

Ward and Mack

Flyin J

Re-signing these two guys should be the top priority of the offseason for the Browns. Theyre both leaders on their units and top players at their positions. And both want to come back. Mack, who won't be tagged due to the way its set up, said he will give us a chance to match any offer. Ward has already said he wants to be back. Thats a great sign for anyone doubting where this team is heading. I expect both back but will understand if we let Ward leave due to his lack of coverage abilities in todays NFL.

The reason they could let Ward walk is because of his coverage abilities and it wont be hard to find someone better at that aspect of the position. Hes like another LB in the secondary, if our front seven are where we need em to be then we don't need a LB at safety.

Mack would cost too much, I'd be fine with letting him walk. He can be replaced with a more affordable FA or draft that is just as good.

Ward I'd prefer over.

Keeping both would be nice but I think we would only be able to keep 1.

Joe Haden and Ward are great friends. Heard an interview Haden say he is talking to TJ to try to get him to stay.

If I had to choose only 1 of them, I would keep Mack. He's a Pro-Bowl center, but the cost is going to be a lot.

Ward is not good at covering ANYBODY. He never wraps up on tackles, He always goes for the big hit and he misses too many times. This was his best year, which isn't saying much, and of course it was his contract year.

If I had to choose only 1 of them, I would keep Mack. He's a Pro-Bowl center, but the cost is going to be a lot.

Ward is not good at covering ANYBODY. He never wraps up on tackles, He always goes for the big hit and he misses too many times. This was his best year, which isn't saying much, and of course it was his contract year.

maybe a lot comparatively speaking but I think we can get it done for 5-6 mill a year.

maybe a lot comparatively speaking but I think we can get it done for 5-6 mill a year.

I think it will be more like 7 million

We aren't paying anybody and we have some of the most money available to spend. There should be NO problem in signing every major contributor the Browns have had the past 10 years and still be way under the salary cap. There is NO excuse not to bring back the little talent that we do have. It's really up to the FO, do they think that they will continue to fill the stadium trotting out these fucking backups year after year? If that's the case I won't be going anymore. Browns need to quit being cheap and keep our guys. You build from the draft but you aint building shit if you let the talent walk after their rookie contract. Especially players like Mack and Ward...

We aren't paying anybody and we have some of the most money available to spend. There should be NO problem in signing every major contributor the Browns have had the past 10 years and still be way under the salary cap. There is NO excuse not to bring back the little talent that we do have. It's really up to the FO, do they think that they will continue to fill the stadium trotting out these fucking backups year after year? If that's the case I won't be going anymore. Browns need to quit being cheap and keep our guys. You build from the draft but you aint building shit if you let the talent walk after their rookie contract. Especially players like Mack and Ward...

Hey, we agree. :) The Browns are way under the cap- we only have 5 guys making big money- Thomas, Haden, Jackson, Kruger, and Bryant. They can afford both easily, we don't have a Peyton Manning qb salary to worry about- yet.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/

Hey, we agree. :) The Browns are way under the cap- we only have 5 guys making big money- Thomas, Haden, Jackson, Kruger, and Bryant. They can afford both easily, we don't have a Peyton Manning qb salary to worry about- yet.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/

I read an article by Grossi that he sounds pretty certain Banner won't bring DQ back, I will give it its own thread.

Zombo

I read an article by Grossi that he sounds pretty certain Banner won't bring DQ back, I will give it its own thread.

Zombo

That wouldn't upset a lot of people. DQ makes a lot of tackles, but he's hardly an elite LB.

Who does DQ have on both sides for support? Mingo, Groves (hurt), Freddy (overated) Kruger? He might have better run stoppage if the other guys don't get. Wasn't he good at the run stop a few years ago? Granted he is what 31 now, we need a couple of solid guys at the LB positions and a better game scheme. I still think DQ is good and worth a re-done contract.

I believe we'd be best off returning both players. Mack is going to want a contract similar to Eric Wood's, whereas Ward's contract should be more team-friendly.

On Mack-

http://factoryofsadness.sportsblog.com/post/238554/the_secret_world_of_alex.html

On Ward-

http://bensalloutblitz.com/?p=2892

fuck mack, keep ward no matter what.

and as far as DQ is concerned, whoever brings up the fact of continuity within a franchise should look at him as our only true veteran captain on defense. sometimes that's worth keeping around.

dickheads.

clappy new year!

Archived