THE BROWNS BOARD

Cut List: Who would you give walking papers to?

marcus

Here's my cut list:

1. Brandon Weeden

2. Jason Campbell

3. Willis McGahee

4. Greg Little

5. Jason Pinkston

6. Shawn Lavou

7. Oneil Cousins

8.Leon McFadden

9. Chris Oblongbanana

These are just off the top of my head. I'm sure you all will have some interesting input.

Here's my cut list:

1. Brandon Weeden

2. Jason Campbell

3. Willis McGahee

4. Greg Little

5. Jason Pinkston

6. Shawn Lavou

7. Oneil Cousins

8.Leon McFadden

9. Chris Oblongbanana

These are just off the top of my head. I'm sure you all will have some interesting input.

If we know anything about banner/lombardi

they are all gone excpect McFadden

Here's my cut list:

1. Brandon Weeden... agree

2. Jason Campbell... disagree

3. Willis McGahee... free agent, won't be re-signed

4. Greg Little... cut, although I would keep him around

5. Jason Pinkston... why? He's the best G on the team

6. Shawn Lavou... free agent, won't be re-signed

7. Oneil Cousins... free agent, won't be re-signed

8.Leon McFadden... why? I don't get this one at all

9. Chris Oblongbanana... wouldn't care either way

I'm upset that the quote leaked about Little being cut and an example for underperforming. Since he has talent there was still a possibility that they could have parlayed him into a 6th or 7th rounder, or worst case in a flip flop move like the Bess acquisition last year. Now 31 teams know that Little is gone without giving anything up.

I would at least keep Pinkston, McFadden and Obi.

McFadden hasnt wowed anyone this year but it was his rookie campaign. Remember how much everyone was bitching about skrine last year? This year he was greatly improved and similar improvement could be in store for McFadden.

I like Pinkston and view him as a player who is hungry to improve every day. Furthermore, the oline was one of the biggest gripes this year and getting rid of Pinkston certainly wouldn't remedy the situation.

I guess the same can be said for Obi; we aren't exactly stacked at the RB position and he has proven to be a reliable option.

We will let the following players walk as FAs: Shaun Lauvao, Oniel Cousins, Billy Cundiff, Willis McGahee, and Brian Sanford.

Here are some of the likely players to get cut:

Brandon Weeden

Davone Bess

Gary Barnidge

Greg Little

Charles Johnson

Brandon Magee

Garrett Gilkey

Chris Ogbonnaya

Eric Martin

And I could see Ahtyba Rubin on the trade block...

It costs money to cut and replace players, but it costs even more money to keep bad players with expensive contracts...

One thing the Bengals have that the Browns dont, depth at 90% of the positions.

I mean, Jesus the Bengals have half of their defense out and still are playing better D than the Browns, cause of consistent depth. The Browns, when injured, have scrubs come in for depth, the Bengals have Vincent Rey come in and be a monster. DEPTH

We will cut alot of our 2nd-3rd stringers and basically the entire bottom 1/3rd of the team is gone, cause it sucks bad.

Typical,

I've said this for a long time and in comparison to a number of organizations. The Browns have been AWFUL for years at discovering talent. We all want to point to early draft pick "ringers" or "blue chippers" as the keys to success, but one of the major factors in the success of a lot of teams that sustain success is their ability to find talent that's not a commonly recognized. The Browns are and have been AWFUL at that.

One thing the Bengals have that the Browns dont, depth at 90% of the positions.

I mean, Jesus the Bengals have half of their defense out and still are playing better D than the Browns, cause of consistent depth. The Browns, when injured, have scrubs come in for depth, the Bengals have Vincent Rey come in and be a monster. DEPTH

We will cut alot of our 2nd-3rd stringers and basically the entire bottom 1/3rd of the team is gone, cause it sucks bad.

Well, considering we're going in with 10 Draft picks as of now (could be more/less) we're looking at changing out nearly 20% of the Team this May from those picks.

And this isn't even counting UDFA's or any FA signings we may make.

Could be a very different looking Team next year, as it should be by the way some of them played.

Do you think finding talent consistently requires having the same personnell consistenly finding the right guys to build a team?

Problem is we dont even have continuity in the front office, cant build a castle fit for a king when the builders keep tearing down the base of it every other year.

I don't necessarily think continuity creates success. A party (FO/coach/player) could be continuously shitty at their job. Beneficial continuity? Sure, I'm all in for that. Who wouldn't be? But this idea of "letting shitty ride" simply so things don't have to change doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

We will let the following players walk as FAs: Shaun Lauvao, Oniel Cousins, Billy Cundiff, Willis McGahee, and Brian Sanford.

Here are some of the likely players to get cut:

Brandon Weeden

Davone Bess

Gary Barnidge

Greg Little

Charles Johnson

Brandon Magee

Garrett Gilkey

Chris Ogbonnaya

Eric Martin

And I could see Ahtyba Rubin on the trade block...

It costs money to cut and replace players, but it costs even more money to keep bad players with expensive contracts...

We just signed Sanford to a 2-year contract 6 days ago ... guess he is a good guy to have if they switch back to a 4-3.

Zombo

Archived