THE BROWNS BOARD

More perspective on the Chud Firing

hoorta

Yes, I'm still not happy about it- BTW, scratch Lovie Smith off the list- signed on as Tampa's coach. An NO NO NO to McDaniels. Anyone can look like an offensive genius if they have Tom Brady as quarterback.

From Don Banks, SI "-- Cleveland's sacking of Rob Chudzinski after a mere year in the big corner office reportedly had several root causes, and just fed into the perception of the Browns organization as Chaos Central in the NFL. But if Cleveland could have gotten more production (or health) out of the three-headed quarterback combination of Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell, Chudzinski probably would have received the Browns' more standard two-year coaching commitment (see Chris Palmer, Eric Mangini and Pat Shurmur)."

http://www.cleveland.com/budshaw/index.ssf/2013/12/cleveland_browns_owner_jimmy_h.html#incart_river

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000308165/article/hue-jackson-jim-caldwell-merit-attention-over-josh-mcdaniels

http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=27161

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/30/aaron-rodgers-rob-chudzinski-monday-morning-quarterback/7/

I'm not thrilled that it happen, nor was I rooting for it, but I'm okay with it at this point.

Yeah, they went through multiple QB's, RB's, other Players and so forth, but a lot of other Teams had to deal with player injuries as well.

My biggest concern was how we just flat out collapsed after the Bye.

Also, I was still seeing some freakin' Clock Management issues even in the last game of the Season.

At this point I have to agree with the FO - the Team to me looked worse and had seriously regressed throughout the Season.

Some of the ways we found to lose and the continual mistakes we kept making . . . something was just not working out.

Could Chud have turned things around?

Quite possibly, but I also think that we should have seen a better Season than we did.

Bill Walsh cant win with this crew of losers...all the same...I dont blame it all on chud....the more things happen..the more and more Im convinced Banner is the media puppet and that Lametardi no doubt has the power.

Clock management was an issue in game 16???

I'm the opposite of "over it". The more I think about, read about it, the more pissed off I become.

I feel like the Browns are now an organization that is completely devoid of class.

I guess that the one good thing about setting a new low is that the odds of moving up have increased.

I'll freely admit I didn't watch the Steelers game, the season was already over for me. But was clock management really an issue in a 20something to 7 sodomization? I caught the end of that game walking out of the lockerroom at the gym and that game had a minute left to play while the clock read something like 3:45 or 3:50. Never seen a 1pm game end that early. Should Chud have been tossing the red flag around on any ole play just to make the game go at least 3 hours?

I've been on board with saying fuck you to Jimmy, Joe, and Mike. They can all eat my ass.

I read a report on the NFL site that said the Token DC from Arizona cancelled his interview with the Browns.

This is the backlash that I was expecting when finding a H.C.

shit we can't even get a minority coach to come interview for a job.

But once we do hire a coach jimmy and Joe will have a presser and blow smoke up our asses again. Saying things like we are committed to winning, we have the best staff, Blah Blah Blah. we have heard this shit before. Every Nfl Gm and owner say the exact same shit every year...

I cant wait to see who the great savior of an nfl head coach they come up with. Because this whole thing reak's of knee jerk reaction and Retardation.

I'm not thrilled that it happen, nor was I rooting for it, but I'm okay with it at this point.

Yeah, they went through multiple QB's, RB's, other Players and so forth, but a lot of other Teams had to deal with player injuries as well.

My biggest concern was how we just flat out collapsed after the Bye.

Also, I was still seeing some freakin' Clock Management issues even in the last game of the Season.

At this point I have to agree with the FO - the Team to me looked worse and had seriously regressed throughout the Season.

Some of the ways we found to lose and the continual mistakes we kept making . . . something was just not working out.

Could Chud have turned things around?

Quite possibly, but I also think that we should have seen a better Season than we did.

Nailed it. Nothing upsets me more as a fan then terrible clock management. That's the shit you can control and should be able too, unlike injuries.

I've been on board with saying fuck you to Jimmy, Joe, and Mike. They can all eat my ass.

I read a report on the NFL site that said the Token DC from Arizona cancelled his interview with the Browns.

This is the backlash that I was expecting when finding a H.C.

shit we can't even get a minority coach to come interview for a job.

But once we do hire a coach jimmy and Joe will have a presser and blow smoke up our asses again. Saying things like we are committed to winning, we have the best staff, Blah Blah Blah. we have heard this shit before. Every Nfl Gm and owner say the exact same shit every year...

I cant wait to see who the great savior of an nfl head coach they come up with. Because this whole thing reak's of knee jerk reaction and Retardation.

Maybe he cancelled because he knew it was a token interview because he got the word that McDaniels will be the pick.

I guess the Browns could always interview Horton if he is in town.

And how about this question: Does the Rooney Rule require that these "token" interviewees be African-American?

How about Asians? Dat Nguyen, former coach with the Cowboys and Texas A&M.

Lloyd Lee, who I believe may currently be with the Bears

Or Hispanics: Ron Rivera is HC of the Panthers....and he is only the second Hispanic coach ever. Tom Flores of the Raiders and Seahawks was the first.

Maybe he cancelled because he knew it was a token interview because he got the word that McDaniels will be the pick.

I guess the Browns could always interview Horton if he is in town.

And how about this question: Does the Rooney Rule require that these "token" interviewees be African-American?

How about Asians? Dat Nguyen, former coach with the Cowboys and Texas A&M.

Lloyd Lee, who I believe may currently be with the Bears

Or Hispanics: Ron Rivera is HC of the Panthers....and he is only the second Hispanic coach ever. Tom Flores of the Raiders and Seahawks was the first.

Minority is the rule, not african american. Anything other that American would be a minority.

if you want to blame the season on the HC coach alone then banner lombardi and haslam have to be thrown in the pot for hiring him.

if you want to blame the HC for the players he fielded then he stands alongside banner and lombardi.

if you want to blame someone for the inept offense norv and chud stand together.

if you want to blame the collapse of the team in the second half then the HC, OC and DC are to blame.

i put more onus on the fact that the defense in at least ten games couldn't hold onto leads at halftime. either they got tired or the D calls were incorrect. for that horton stands alone.

I'm the opposite of "over it". The more I think about, read about it, the more pissed off I become.

I feel like the Browns are now an organization that is completely devoid of class.

I guess that the one good thing about setting a new low is that the odds of moving up have increased.

I am afraid the way we handled it without class may be the trademark of Haslam. He has a nice smile and that relaxing southern drawl and you wanna love him. Under all that though appears to be a straight up classless snake. Proven guilty or not where there is the amount of smoke generated by the Pilot/Flying J investigation there is fire. Jimmies solution to having a structured program in place to fuck customers out of rebates?? Ah shucks fellers it was an honest mistake, Ill just give you your money back. Trust me Mr Customer we lovvvvvvvve you.

SNAKE

I am afraid the way we handled it without class may be the trademark of Haslam. He has a nice smile and that relaxing southern drawl and you wanna love him. Under all that though appears to be a straight up classless snake. Proven guilty or not where there is the amount of smoke generated by the Pilot/Flying J investigation there is fire. Jimmies solution to having a structured program in place to fuck customers out of rebates?? Ah shucks fellers it was an honest mistake, Ill just give you your money back. Trust me Mr Customer we lovvvvvvvve you.

SNAKE

Well if Pilot was screwing trucking companies out of their rebates, who's to say he isn't giving fans a short change deal? Really, Shurmur was far, far worse than Chud- and at least he got two years. A lot of those late season losses were on the defense- blame that on Horton, and the picks Lombardi brought in.

Yeah, it's been a week an I'm an OMF so my Memory may be a little fuzzy (game wasn't that interesting as well), but I seem to recall a 4th and short they were going for it and ended up with a Delay of Game penalty.

We also had one or two oddly called TO's - we had a lot of those this year.

Archived