THE BROWNS BOARD

wonder where A&M WR Evans may go?

jeffinwv

I like the kid. He was a big part of why Manziel was so good. I saw a couple games where he out jumped everyone on several occasions to get a high pass. This is a skill that is become very valuable in the NFL now.

He seems to be able to just go up and get the jump balls, like megatron. I think he goes mid-first round. After the slew of QBs, clowney, matthews, watkins, he could be picked up anywhere from 8th to about 17th.

i've watched him live for the past two years, while i do think he'll be a good reciever, he's not that great at running routes, i've seen him give up on plays and not make a second effort to get open when johnny scrambled (more this year than last) and he relies too much on pushing off of corners and safeties. he has consistant hands and size and a great jump ball ability but he needs to mature emotionally and sharpen his routes cause he'll get flagged for pass interference in the nfl if he continues to push off of defenders. I'd love to have him but not in the first round when better prospect are available. Gig 'em

I wonder if Cleveland could get him somewhere . He and Manziel are used to each other kinda like luck and his Stanford TE...Evans looked good to me in what is saw?

Check out the various mock drafts to get at least a bit of an idea of how he stacks up.

So? What? Does anyone want the Texas A&M dynamic duo? Take Manziel at #4 then Evans with 1B? I guess we could do worse.

i've watched him live for the past two years, while i do think he'll be a good reciever, he's not that great at running routes, i've seen him give up on plays and not make a second effort to get open when johnny scrambled (more this year than last) and he relies too much on pushing off of corners and safeties. he has consistant hands and size and a great jump ball ability but he needs to mature emotionally and sharpen his routes cause he'll get flagged for pass interference in the nfl if he continues to push off of defenders. I'd love to have him but not in the first round when better prospect are available. Gig 'em

Yeah, Evans is touted as the #2 receiver in this draft, but I sure don't see it.

Trade back into the top half of the first round by trading up from pick that we'll get from the Colts and then a bunch of other picks and pick up Watkins at 4 and the Evans at 15...

Go into the season with Hoyer throwing to Gordon, Watkins, Evans and Cameron. Maybe we could get Hyde in the second round?

just like weeden and blackmon were too.

I wanted nothing to do with the 30 year old ginger and I actually broke a window when they picked him because the damn remote took a wicked bounce off the recliner when I launched it. It took everything I had to not put it through the tv screen.

Good assessment. I've wondered about his agility. The combine may be very revealing... if he goes...

... I actually broke a window when they picked him because the damn remote took a wicked bounce off the recliner when I launched it. It took everything I had to not put it through the tv screen.

lol... You chose wisely...

I wanted nothing to do with the 30 year old ginger and I actually broke a window when they picked him because the damn remote took a wicked bounce off the recliner when I launched it. It took everything I had to not put it through the tv screen.

I remember being excited that Riley Reiff was still on the board. Of course they'll select the BPA at an area of need, not a 29 year old qb that could be had in the 2nd/3rd round. When I heard them call Brandon weedens name I was sick to my stomach, it ruined the whole night for me.

I remember being excited that Riley Reiff was still on the board. Of course they'll select the BPA at an area of need, not a 29 year old qb that could be had in the 2nd/3rd round. When I heard them call Brandon weedens name I was sick to my stomach, it ruined the whole night for me.

LOL... if it helps I took Riley at #22 in the "Official Browns Board" Mock.... and was immediately blasted for it...

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22682&page=2&do=findComment&comment=284767

LOL... if it helps I took Riley at #22 in the "Official Browns Board" Mock.... and was immediately blasted for it...

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22682&page=2&do=findComment&comment=284767

Good call, I wish the browns had as much sense. Reiff and Randall would have been much better than weeden and Schwartz, although i do like Schwartz.

What does everyone think of Carlos Hyde in the second round?

Early 2nd? No...

Late 2nd is where I might start getting interested in Carlos...

I'm still looking forward to seeing his Combine preformance. Particularly his agility drill results...

Archived