THE BROWNS BOARD

A Different Opinion on the Browns coaching search

Mark O

no Hes just disagreeing with facts. Best REGULAR SEASON QB EVER I'd give u that. But to say best ever at his position when he doesn't even have a winning record in the playoffs is just ignorant. Especially when ur comparison is to the guy whom has more wins when it really matters in football.

Now if u were going to start a football team and u had to choose from Payton stat monster himself 1 superbowl or his brother Eli run of the mill qb with 2 superbowls who u take knowing these facts right now?

HINT: The whole idea of nfl is to win the superbowl.

Well, you sure do make it simple for yourself. Probably necessary.

I think I got this.

Eli Manning > Peyton Manning

Trent Dilfer > Dan Marino

Jeff Hostetler > Dan Fouts.

Does this apply to other positions too?

James Starks > Barry Sanders

Antowain Smith > Jim Brown

I'm sure you know that Tom Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl in ten years. Largely because during that ten year span, the great Eli Manning entered the league and beat down Brady twice. I guess that is because Eli is now the Greatest QB in the League ... because Tom Brady can't beat him in the only game that counts.

Zombo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Peyton wins it all this year (and that's a big if...but he's getting closer) he will be the only QB to win a super bowl with 2 different teams.

Well, Kurt Warner came within seconds of doing that....and Tobin Rote did win Championships with two different teams. Maybe Peyton can aspire to be as good as Tobin Rote?

That would put him up there as one of the greatest of all time.

OK, get this: He is already up there as one of the greatest of all time. I still do not believe that if he wins that he is by any means clearly the greatest of all time...but he is in the team photo, and it is like a basketball team size roster, not a football team size.

Personally Montana would be my greatest ever simply because he never lost...And I'm old enough to have seen Starr,Unitas and Namath play.

Montana lost....in earlier rounds. Just like everyone else did. So that is not the main deal. But who one thinks is the GOAT is subjective. And subjectively my gut still puts Joe Cool and Tom Terrific ahead of the count.

By the way Gipper,didn't Earl Moral come dam close to winning super bowls with two different teams?

I was thinking he played some in the Colts win over Miami...and then led the Dolphins all the way to the playoffs but stepped aside when Griese healed up?

Correct. Morral started almost all of the Dolphins game of their undefeated season in 1972.

To be honest with you...in my opinion, Bob Griese is probably the most undeserving QB that has made the HOF. In his team's best year, he barely platyed.

Archived