THE BROWNS BOARD

Dear Jimmy

jcam222

Jimmy thank you for the update. At the very least it shows you do understand that your fan base is at risk. I understand what you were trying to accomplish with your note but as Dr. Phil would say "can we get real"? It was thinly veiled blatantly obvious damage control. I was excited when you purchased the Browns and I do believe you sincerely want to build a winner. Let's be honest , the fact we haven't hired a head coach yet is not by design. It is not because you want to be thorough and methodical. You and I both know it is because you were grossly misled by your trusted senior leadership team.They convinced you that replacing Chudzinski would be easy and that they had a solid candidate who was a shoe in based on their relationship with him. You know who he is and you know he declined.

It is wonderful that you think the head coaching position is so attractive but as you know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Perhaps you have seen we have candidates that have chosen to take OC positions as opposed to pursue the head coach position in Cleveland. We may have a lot of draft picks and a young team but often that translates into time needed to succeed. You know that, I know that and the candidates know that. You fired the last guy in about 11 months. That guy had to work with three different QB's and a non existent running game. He worked under conditions that were completely geared at competing in 2014 not 2013. I am not seeing the patience or consistency there. Not looking so attractive for the new guy is it? They are also aware of the fact your senior leadership team want to make decisions that are made by coaches on most teams. Not too many solid candidates / alpha personalities want to be the yes men for over bearing egotistical bosses.

It is time for you to do the right thing. If you are going to blow it up blow it up. If you truly refuse to accept sub standard performance from your team then set aside your friendships and get rid of the real mistakes that were made in year one. Send Banner and Lombardi packing. Their draft , relationship management and counsel to you have all been bad. You owe us more than this. We want to see a winner just like you do. Your current regime is not going to bring us a winner.

I received a call today to follow up on my responses to the recent ticket holder survey. While I do appreciate the call my overall message is this. I do not care about new scoreboards or any of the other things you deem "an improved fan experience". I want to see some consistency in a staff. Something you promised us in year one and did not deliver on. I want to see you make a choice, pull up your collective big boy pants and commit to it for a minimum of three years. We as fans want, expect and deserve for you to deliver.

Sincerely

Jeff

One Browns fan

Section 138 Row 17 seats 9 and 10

Excellent! This team is the joke of the NFL, more than any other team in the NFL, face it. There was once a pride in being associated with this team, but beyond Jimmy's control, that is long gone. In Jimmy's court is, the ability to build consistency and start something great. Well, year one and consistency out the window. The Trent move looked great, despite how I and so many others felt when it happened. For the first time in entirely too long, I felt as if the team management actually had a clue that was eagerly accepted by so many fans (including me) feeling our organization had direction, smarts and a future. Thanks for defusing that idea. Chud hardly got a chance and now Norv is headed to even bleaker, yet more promising long term hope. Is it possible to have any less confidence in an organization? Jimmy you are familiar with an organization called the Pittsburgh Steelers ? Well they've had less coaches in their entire existence than we've had in the last 10 years. Does that mean anything? Yes, it means the Rooney family has a clue and patience to build some credibility. I do not like the Steelers but I most definitely respect and appreciate them. Let's keep on track with your current thought process and in 3 years we'll be lucky to get the assistant coach of the St. Ann's school for girls field hockey team as a candidate for Cleveland Browns head coach job.

2013 was a sham and 2014 is looking even worse. Great positioning for draft picks, so now we can continue the idea of a 'young promising team' and be hopeful our coach, whoever that brave soul is, will last more than 2 years at a time.

To the OP, great and heartfelt letter- far more eloquent and to the point than this season ticket holder could write. Jimmuh is not in danger of losing the fan base, IMO- he's already lost it.

He apparently didn't learn much from his time in the Steeler organization either. Or instead, did you consult with Jerry Jones on how to wreck one of the top franchises in the NFL? You're a damn liar Jimmuh- "continuity", "Proven winner" don't mean jack. Actions speak 10X louder. You cut a coach off at the knees who had his dream job, and did more with less than Shur-loss. I should give you as much loyalty as you showed Chud, and cancel my season tickets.

Another 4-12 season, and your shiny new jumbotrons will be showing replays to an empty stadium. You want to know how to enhance the fan experience? Try winning some f**king games for a start, changing coaches like changing your socks in the morning isn't the ticket to the Promised Land.

I'd hope as a neophyte owner you'd be man enough to admit that your first FO hires were less than stellar picks. I'm all for giving Banner and Lombardi the heave-ho right now. But no, I already know how this nightmare is going to play out- you're going to let Lobotomy screw up the 2014 draft sure as the sun rises in the East- and that will leave the Browns franchise in a state of FUBAR for years to come, and I'm rapidly running out of years.

So Jimmuh, your ownership grade after year 1 is a solid F. You've pissed off the fans & your players. BTW, the rest of the NFL & major sports networks are hysterically laughing at your ineptitude.

Archived