THE BROWNS BOARD

McDaniels odds

Westside Steve

Kind of doubt it Steve, especially if the story about him calling and asking if he was the frontrunner is true. See you the next time you're playing at the American Legion in Willowick.

I like the idea of Pettine. I'm possibly more comfortable with it than McDaniels and probably more than with Gase. Here's my only problem with Pettine: The Browns claim that they purposely waited to get their head coach. They said they had someone specific in mind. There was no reason to wait for Pettine. This all tells me that if it is Pettine, the Browns didn't get who they really wanted once again.

We just need to give someone like Gruden or Cowher the keys to the city. Give them a contract that says if they're fired after a year or two they get such an astronomical buyout that it virtually guarantees that they can't be fired for years. I want the next coach of the Cleveland Browns to be here for a fucking decade. If becoming relevant again in the NFL requires a few losing seasons so be it...if we're playing relevant football than I'm happy with a few sub .500 seasons if it shows we're building something. HC roulette gets us nothing but the butt of all NFL jokes.

We just need to give someone like Gruden or Cowher the keys to the city. Give them a contract that says if they're fired after a year or two they get such an astronomical buyout that it virtually guarantees that they can't be fired for years. I want the next coach of the Cleveland Browns to be here for a fucking decade. If becoming relevant again in the NFL requires a few losing seasons so be it...if we're playing relevant football than I'm happy with a few sub .500 seasons if it shows we're building something. HC roulette gets us nothing but the butt of all NFL jokes.

Compared to the NFL head coach grind, Gruden and Cower have cush jobs. They're both set for life- so throwing money at them isn't going to entice them to give up TV. Cowher IMHO has been away from the game too long anyway.

fuck McDaniels., hes not comming..

Guy held a presser and said "I'm very happy in New England, and I don't want to uproot my family." Not going to change his mind.

I'm not understanding the lateral move Pettine made from Jets DC to Bills DC.... any info on that?

Shirley is in the running?

Well... someone had to do it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA

I'm not understanding the lateral move Pettine made from Jets DC to Bills DC.... any info on that?

His contract was up.

Also, Rex was in hot water (and was again this year). Told the GM it was his assistants that sucked and they fired the OC.

My guess is he either wanted more job security or they figured they'd just start fresh assistant wise.

Archived