THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer Staying in Cleveland over Dolphins GM Job

CLEinCHI

My theory: Lombardi has been dead for months. Or at least incapacitated.

1. Has never been at a press conference, whether hiring or firing a coach or just answering reporter's questions.

2. Team hasn't made any fucking stupid roster moves in months.

3.Farmer would rather freeze his black ass off as assistant GM in Cleveland than be GM in Miami? No.

4. Banner said "Larry and Moe needed a Curly" . Well, he's Moe, and Jimmy is Larry. Shemp had a full-blown seizure after the Patriots game ... that's why we needed a Curly.

Zombo

Wonder if Lombardi guaranteed Haslem that if he fired Chud, he could get McDaniels here as HC, whiffed and dug his own grave?? They "promote" him to save face and avoid more negative publicity rather than straight up booting his ass on down the road..........either way I agree with most of you that handing the reigns over to Farmer is gonna be a good move for the Browns.

Decent Mary Kay read, if a little self-serving for the FO...

especially Banner's "evidence" of how desireable the organization is...

most of which was pre-Chud-dump...

Current possibities, but was it not also true that Lombardi wanted Chud? That plus his 2013 draft ought to be enough.

I also put some credence in the proposition that Lombardi said that he could deliver Josh McDaniel as the next HC of this team....and when he couldn't that soured Haslam on Lombardi.

And then others started saying they wouldn't take the job. I suspect that JH was getting some underground feedback that no decent HC really wanted to be answerable to Lombardi. Banner, OK, Lombardi, no.

Read this article this morning and it appears that Farmer is a big Lombardi fan and doesn't want to take his job, at least according to Mary Cay Kabot.

Of course if Farmer was lining up to take Lombardi's job, he certainly wouldn't tell the media that. He knows how to play the politics game, which is why he's where he is to begin with.

My theory: Lombardi has been dead for months. Or at least incapacitated.

1. Has never been at a press conference, whether hiring or firing a coach or just answering reporter's questions.

2. Team hasn't made any fucking stupid roster moves in months.

3.Farmer would rather freeze his black ass off as assistant GM in Cleveland than be GM in Miami? No.

4. Banner said "Larry and Moe needed a Curly" . Well, he's Moe, and Jimmy is Larry. Shemp had a full-blown seizure after the Patriots game ... that's why we needed a Curly.

Zombo

I'm now picturing Banner and Haslam holding Lombardi up at press conferences using string, pulleys and stuff.

Weekend at Lombardi's...

I'm now picturing Banner and Haslam holding Lombardi up at press conferences using string, pulleys and stuff.

Weekend at Lombardi's...

I get the picture of an animatronic performer like the ones found at Chuck E. Cheese. I doubt you guys have Chuck E. Cheese across the pond, so here's a video for reference.

Archived