THE BROWNS BOARD

Coordinator Hirings news

darren15

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read where Pettine wants an ex HC on his staff. With Kubiak apparently out of the mix it will be interesting to watch. Other than that, I wouldn't be surprised to see mostly younger guys. We'll see.

Mike.

To be honest, I'm hoping for all young, new coaches and coordinators. Let's frickin' build something special with some new innovative coaches that only need a shot. I saw enough of former head coach Norv Turner's offense last year to last me a lifetime............ I'm in hook, line and sinker.

I totally agree. Why buy some used tread when we have plenty of draft picks to grab some fresh legs. Running backs don't need a lot of seasoning or coaching, Grab them when they are young (not 34 like Willis ... what a bad joke that was).

Seems like a lot of good running backs coming out early in this draft, grab a bruiser to go with Lewis and Baker/Oby.

Zombo

Tate is barely even broken in. I wouldn't be upset with the move, but there are plenty of exciting mid-round backs in this draft. Hyde, Seastrunk, Storm Johnson, and Andre Williams can be had in the third or later

why not take wvu running back simms in the 2nd round? he was bout the only good player we had this yr. I just want my browns to be like they were in the late 80's once a browns fan always a browns fan.hope seahawks win because I still can't stand bucktooth elway

I like Simms but probably not as a 2nd rounder. I suppose to some degree that would depend on what type of offense we install. To me in many offenses he ends up being a 3rd down back. If on the other hand we run a lot of screens etc he might be the starter. There seem to be enough choices for RBs in this draft to get solid guys in the 3rd and even 4th rounds.

#Bills have til Mon to decide if they’ll allow DC candidate Jim O’Neil to take CLE job. If not, Ravens LB coach Don Martindale is a target

I understand they have until Monday to decide, but what would it serve the Bills to basically FORCE someone to stay? Not saying he'll "tank" his job there, but would he be totally into it & totally effective in Buffalo? I have my doubts.

C'mon Bills, let him go!

Mike

To be honest, I'm hoping for all young, new coaches and coordinators. Let's frickin' build something special with some new innovative coaches that only need a shot. I saw enough of former head coach Norv Turner's offense last year to last me a lifetime............ I'm in hook, line and sinker.

i wouldn't mind if they gave a college HC a chance at OC that has their team playing in northern ohio. the BGSU and Toledo even CMU coaches come to mind.

i think they might be looking at bigger gigs in the college ranks. give them a call.

My man James White (Wisconsin) had himself a pretty good Sr. Bowl... there's a lot of potential value in him as a 4/5th rounder.

I lean your way as well, but can certainly understand a rookie HC wanting an former HC on staff he can bounce things off of.

My man James White (Wisconsin) had himself a pretty good Sr. Bowl... there's a lot of potential value in him as a 4/5th rounder.

I lean your way as well, but can certainly understand a rookie HC wanting an former HC on staff he can bounce things off of.

Yea, I agree, and it seems a lot of 1st year guys agree too. If Pettine chooses to go with the all young route, that would sure say something about his confidence in not needing 'mentoring' help.

Cam Cam and Loggains bandied about

Browns could target LSU’s Cameron, Titans’ Loggains for OC spot per Mary Kay Cabot
horizontal_fancred_white_73x22.png

BY PETER SMITH -

JAN 26TH, 2014 AT 3:18 PM

According to Mary Kay Cabot of The Plain Dealer, the Cleveland Browns could target LSU’s Cam Cameron and Dowell Loggains for their offensive coordinator spot.

Cameron has been a head coach for the Miami Dolphins for just one season and was the offensive coordinator for most of the season for the Baltimore Ravens when they won the Super Bowl. He was replaced before the end of the season by Jim Caldwell; a move he praised, calling it the right decision for the situation.

Cameron has since been tasked with working to add more of a dynamic passing element to the LSU Tigers offense, which specifically centered around getting improvement from Zach Mettenberger. They had success in that and the offense was much improved, showcasing a number of future NFL players including wide receivers Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry, running back Jeremy Hill and guard Trai Turner. Should the Browns give Cameron the nod, the speculation would naturally jump to which players from that offense the Browns would draft.

Loggains, 33, will interview for the offensive coordinator position but may also be in the mix for the quarterbacks coach. Considering that he was able to find success with both Jake Locker and Ryan Fitzpatrick this past year as the offensive coordinator, that could be an interesting choice. Locker has all the physical tools in the world while Fitzpatrick is a smaller, quarterback that has to win with accuracy and timing. Seemingly, Loggains would be able to roll with just about anyone the Browns would want to be their quarterback next May in addition to Brian Hoyer.

They've already hired Schwartz as DC, right? They're not keeping him. They'd have to make him assistant head coach and give him a pay raise equivalent to a coordinator.

Zombo

No, they wouldn't. The rules have changed.....maybe last year was the first year....only people being asked to interview for a HC position are a automatic. Asst coaches being considered for a coordinator position can be denied the interview by the club. The Bills can say they aren't letting him out of his contract.

Poor form no doubt, but they can do it.

No, they wouldn't. The rules have changed.....maybe last year was the first year....only people being asked to interview for a HC position are a automatic. Asst coaches being considered for a coordinator position can be denied the interview by the club. The Bills can say they aren't letting him out of his contract.

Poor form no doubt, but they can do it.

Ahh ... so the Bills can be dicks about it and have one unhappy coach on their hands.

Didn't know it changed, thanks for the info.

Z

Archived