THE BROWNS BOARD

S&W, Ruger to stop selling semi automatic handguns in California

The Cysko Kid

So what? They've got a gun right?

If guns could save you from a planned ambush, every U.S. soldier would be alive. However, I am sure you would be hard pressed to talk them out of carrying guns because it didn't help them in every possible situation. I would also say that they would not understand a helmethead who suggests posting their patrol routes in the Taliban Times is no big deal because they are carrying rifles.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting the addresses of gun owners is a very, very serious problem.

Not only can they break into some safes (not Liberty ones), but they

can steal smaller safes, and can force a home owner to open

a bigger gun safe.

Since they have been handed the info by anti gun newspapers.

1. Gun safe broken into during Arlington home invasion : News ...
    www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=731239‎
    Mar 16, 2012 - Gun safe broken into during Arlington home invasion ... at this time, authorities believe two handguns and a .22 caliber rifle were stolen.
  2. Home invasions and gun safes - THR
    www.thehighroad.org › ... › Social SituationsGeneral Gun Discussions
    Dec 17, 2011 - 56 posts - ‎37 authors
    How many of you have had your guns stolen by somebody who has broken into your RSC or Safe? I've seen some random posts of people ...
  3. 'I don't feel safe at home anymore': Woman who was tied up testifies ...
    www.jacksonsun.com/.../-don-t-feel-safe-home-any...‎
    The Jackson Sun
    5 days ago - ... three young men broke into their home, tied Gina up, and stole twoguns and ... Details about the December home invasion were revealed in ...
  4. 2 arrested after theft of guns in brazen daylight home invasion
    www.annarbor.com/.../2-arrested-after-stealing-3-guns-...‎
    AnnArbor.com
    Aug 16, 2013 - 2 arrested after theft of guns in brazen daylight home invasion ... Bill Riney, the owner of the home that was broken into, said he wasn't .... that say "Two teens apprehended lugging 500lb locked gun safe down street.

!a!

I am beginning to think you are a contrarian shit head just for the sake of it. You see zero problem with someone's personal information being posted in a newspaper without their consent?

No shit? I've said as much many times. Most of the time I am just doing it for the hell of it. To play devils advocate. But really that information is there for the taking so you're just feigning outrage over something that's not very well hidden being printed. If you were thinking logically you'd know that anyone that wanted that information and has a computer can get it.

<p><p>

Posting the addresses of gun owners is a very, very serious problem.

Not only can they break into some safes (not Liberty ones), but they

can steal smaller safes, and can force a home owner to open

a bigger gun safe.

Since they have been handed the info by anti gun newspapers.

But is it big serious trouble? Seems like something that probably obamao personally did, no?

See I'm in the middle. Of course its not alright to print someone's information. It's also not alright for the gun people to press for more guns, less restrictions and allow anyone to have one no questions asked. Why should one side pretend to be reasonable and the other side trots out Wayne lapierre and insists the only way to protect children is with, of course, more guns. One side is clearly unwilling to work towards real solutions, blaming media, blaming video games blaming everything but the irresponsible gun owners and gun policies that allow anyone to get their hands on a gun. I've stated before on this forum I have four guns. A rifle, a shotgun and two handguns. Theyre locked up tight and you'd have to defeat both the gun safe and the security system and get out within five minutes to steal them. Good luck.

!a!

No shit? I've said as much many times. Most of the time I am just doing it for the hell of it. To play devils advocate. But really that information is there for the taking so you're just feigning outrage over something that's not very well hidden being printed. If you were thinking logically you'd know that anyone that wanted that information and has a computer can get it.

Oh good, you disagree just because. You will make an excellent nagging wife.

What are you locking yours up with? Luggage locks? If gun owners would just take some responsibility the means to protect them are out there

Mine are well locked up. Bedside safe, closet vaults (floor safe). If somebody wants my guns (when I'm not home) they're gonna have to work for them. But they're not impenetrable.

I hope you're kidding with that shit.

Doesn't mean I want the NY Fucking times to advertise that I have them. I CCW for the same reason.

But you're probably right. I should be charged for murder when my house is broken into, my safes are broken into, my guns are stolen, and a crime is committed with them. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Mine are well locked up. Bedside safe, closet vaults (floor safe). If somebody wants my guns (when I'm not home) they're gonna have to work for them. But they're not impenetrable.

I hope you're kidding with that shit.

Doesn't mean I want the NY Fucking times to advertise that I have them. I CCW for the same reason.

But you're probably right. I should be charged for murder when my house is broken into, my safes are broken into, my guns are stolen, and a crime is committed with them. Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

If you can find where I said that I might act like you're making sense.

On tv, they simply disable or misdirect the security system.

I am researching ar-15's now. I need night vision etc for coyotes. The tracks

are back, and way too close to the house.

On tv, they simply disable or misdirect the security system.

I am researching ar-15's now. I need night vision etc for coyotes. The tracks

are back, and way too close to the house.

get a 30-06. Nice weapon and it will have no problem with a coyote. Or anything else for that matter. It is also a lot easier to get.

No one cares if you have a 30-06, but for some reason an AR-15 is bad

If you can find where I said that I might act like you're making sense.

Your whole "responsibility" bullshit. You've repeatedly argued that if gun owners aren't responsible for how their guns are stored/ secured they should be responsible for the crimes committed with them.

Don't be a backtracking pussy.

If you want a run down on ARs just let me know. Budget? Logic

I was thinkin 8-10, til we ordered new windows a couple of days ago.

It's been 22 yrs, finest windows we've ever seen...big bucks.

More like a starter outfit, so I can add cool stuff to it the next year or two.

I think a guy I know has one, that will shoot both .22, and mod to 5.56.

That would be excellent one of these days....With night vision. @@

I have to research it to know what I'm talking about.

But the fun of it is all the different ways it can be modified.

Note to anti-AR-15ners: Which, btw, cannot be modified to automatic like has been said here in the past.

Your whole "responsibility" bullshit. You've repeatedly argued that if gun owners aren't responsible for how their guns are stored/ secured they should be responsible for the crimes committed with them.

Don't be a backtracking pussy.

Don't be a moron. I've never said the owner of a randomly stolen gun should be responsible for a murder commuted with it. However Nancy lanza should be held responsible for making guns freely available to a known damaged madman who murdered 20 children. 20 innocent children and six adults paid with their lives for Nancy Lanzas criminal negligence. That's a real consequence of irresponsibility. Let's hopetotger gun owners are smart enough to take the necessary precautions to never have to face such consequences. Of course they won't because as we all well know nothing bad could ever happen to US just people on tv, right?

Don't be a moron. I've never said the owner of a randomly stolen gun should be responsible for a murder commuted with it. However Nancy lanza should be held responsible for making guns freely available to a known damaged madman who murdered 20 children. 20 innocent children and six adults paid with their lives for Nancy Lanzas criminal negligence. That's a real consequence of irresponsibility. Let's hopetotger gun owners are smart enough to take the necessary precautions to never have to face such consequences. Of course they won't because as we all well know nothing bad could ever happen to US just people on tv, right?

Nothing like ignoring facts to make your point. The guns Lanza used were stolen, as he was <21 and is not legally allowed to own one. You ignored this a year ago, and are continuing to do so. If Nancy Lanza is "criminally negligent" then so are "Call of Duty" video games, Aspergers Syndrome, Northern Illinois University, and the Norwegian Press.

Adam Lanza? Completely innocent. Victim. :rolleyes:

If you are using it for coyote slaying, just about any brand is fine. That isn't a popular opinion but not everyone is going to abuse their gear. I pay a bit more because I participate in a lot of shooting courses and treat my guns like tools. I need guns that can survive me haha. Logic

Well, I'm out in the elements a lot. Cold, rain, snow, hot sun, woods. The synthetic stock would be good.

My guns are far more old school. In fact, I wish I could start loading my own 12 gauge

black powder shotgun shells for my (inherited from my Dad) double barrel, ya can't buy them anymore.

But I would target practice a lot. Shooting across ten acres with my .22 mag isn't very accurate apparently.

I have to get out the laser bore sighter I bought and check out what's goin on. I have CaddyShack groundhog

syndrome. The buggers dance and mock me when I miss. lol

Nothing like ignoring facts to make your point. The guns Lanza used were stolen, as he was <21 and is not legally allowed to own one. You ignored this a year ago, and are continuing to do so. If Nancy Lanza is "criminally negligent" then so are "Call of Duty" video games, Aspergers Syndrome, Northern Illinois University, and the Norwegian Press.

Adam Lanza? Completely innocent. Victim. :rolleyes:

What's the fact? He broke into someones home and defeated their gun safe to steal them? Or he didn't have to break in anywhere or defeat any safety measure because his mom just had them leaned in a closet somewhere? What's the fact there?

Who said Adam lanza was a victim? You're trying desperately to deflect the simple fact that he was armed to the teeth as a result of the fact that his mother was a firearm enthusiast who didn't secure her weapons ,properly or at all. Reports are that he tried to purchase his own and was denied. The system works there, for once, and probably only at the discretion of the gun store employee who presumably saw something he didn't like. Good on him. Now does awkward, socially Retarded and strange Adam Lanza have to break into another house and locate the firearms, defeat safety precautions, and get out to get what he wants? Or does he just go home and pick up something he already knows where it is, how to get it, and exactly when mommy would be vulnerable to attack?

Is it easier to rob a bank, or just grab twenty dollars your spouse left lying on the kitchen table? Stop being intentionally dumb. I know you're not a dumb guy.

And yeah, call of duty, the video game, totally left the guns where he could pick them up. Good point.

There were reports of a safe or safes in the lanza home. He obviously had access to the code (which I agree with you is not smart on the parent's part).

But realistically, what parent doesn't want to encourage their child in a hobby that they themselves enjoy (set aside Lanza's mental capacity, and/or diagnosis)? What parent (even ones that don't completely understand the nature of their child's disorder) doesn't want to treat their kid as "normal"? I think mommy Lanza was more guilty of being a parent, than "criminally negligent" or sinister or whatever she's getting painted as.

Now does awkward, socially Retarded and strange Adam Lanza have to break into another house and locate the firearms, defeat safety precautions, and get out to get what he wants?

The same way any other socially-awkward, strange maniac breaks into a home, and breaks the law. Point?

I understand what you're saying, and it makes sense, but if you're pulling a kid out of high school because his special needs are not being properly monitored and you KNOW that something is very very wrong with him, probably the best bet is bot to arm him to the teeth. Nancy Lanza paid for het utter stupidity with her life but when you weigh her life vs all those children that her son murdered the scales are not balanced. Not even a little bit. I'm almost glad for her that she's dead. She doesn't have to live with the guilt that her idiotic choices killed 20 innocent helpless children. That she might have prevented that with better parenting and common sense. Do we know that Lanza wouldn't have been able to break into somebody else's gun safe and get what he wanted? No we don't know that, but knowing what we do know about this kid it seems unlikely. We'll never know because the guns he used were made easily available to him. That's just a poor choice that had terrible consequences that might have been avoided if one gun owner had taken a few precautions. That's all.

I think we agree on most of it... but back to the OP (kind of) I just think the micro-stamping tech, and punishment for victims of burglary open a pandora's box, that cause 99.9% of the population to forfeit their privacy for no reason other than the false guise of "safely protecting" the populace from the .1%.

Edit: Yeah the 20 kindergartner thing hurts (my kids are that age-ish) but there are >20 kindergartners all over the world being murdered, starved, tortured, sold. So, I guess, perspective?

Leave a gun on a counter or bedside table with no evidence of a safe in the house and have doors unlocked etc., and it's used in a crime?? Then yeah, justifiable culpability.

Your safe is broken into, after your front door is kicked in, and your gun is stolen and used in a crime? Sorry, no culpability. (except maybe on the part of the Newspaper editor that posted your address)

side note (back to OP): criminals won't be purchasing the new "micro-stamped" firing pin containing guns. and if they did, some 200 grit sand paper solves that. The firing pins are parts that are replaced as they wear out with age/usage. Guns also aren't perfect machines. A firing pin doesn't always strike with the precision required to stamp a vin number in a primer yet can still make the primer go "boom"

Those are enough reasons for me to not support "micro-stamping" without going into all of the gov't conspiracy theory crap too...

The stamping technology seems pointless to me because how is that going to help prevent crime, especially with a stolen firearm? The smart gun technology makes a lot more sense to me, and seems a lot less invasive. You wear the ring, the gun fires. You don't wear it? You're out of luck. It might prevent a lot of stolen firearms from killing people as well unless you're home and they get the ring too.

Nothing is infallible we know that. Might some smart criminal with access to the right machines be able to fabricate a magnetic ring? Maybe, but I'd imagine your average criminal is not all that smart or resourceful. also they probably wouldn't have access to the material or the machines necessary to falsify a triggering device. It just seems like a much more efficient protection mechanism especially if they can show it doesn't impair the gun's ability to fire when necessary, I.e. it doesn't take any extra time to fire.

Until James Bond's palm-print gun becomes a viable option - ie, not crazy expensive - I'm not sure there's any way to make 100% certain that the only person that can fire a gun is the rightful owner. Until then, you've got to lock it up as best you can. But then, it's not exactly handy for confronting a break in...

Archived