THE BROWNS BOARD

AFCN qb's

browni8878

Ben Roethlisberger: Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) Weight: 241 lb (109 kg

Joe Flacco: Height: 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) Weight: 239 lb (108 kg)

Andy Dalton:Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)

Brian Hoyer: Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) Weight: 215 lb (98 kg

Brandon Weeden: Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)

We all know how Weeden turned out. Verdict still out on Hoyer. I just believe you need a big body QB for the AFCN. It's a defensive division, and QB's get hit a a lot in this division. That being said.

Johnny Manziel: Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 210 lb (95 kg)

Blake Bortles: Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 230 lb (104 kg)

Manziels style wont fit in the AFCN.

Johnny Football will do well, until the first time he panics after his first read is covered and goes into his patented 'Johnny Football Scramble Mode', and is hit so hard that he vaporizes just like the people did when they got hit by the blue laser in War of the Worlds.

Wow. Tour2ma, did you having an extra helping of "irrational pie" today, or what? You're seriously comparing the impact of height with the impact of a nickname on a person's ability to play QB? Come on. How much of a factor you or I thinks height is on a player's ability to play QB is irrelevant. However, you can't possibly be unaware that height IS a factor that NFL folks take into account for a QB and nickname is not.

Height has nothing to do with a QB's success. But big QBs tend to have big hands, and that absolutely has an impact

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304856504579338703990998202?mobile=y

http://q.usatoday.com/2013/09/17/bigger-hands-better-grip-and-tighter-spiral/

Seen another pic of him and Lebron side by side and his hands looked as big.

Not a Flacco fan. He did have an outstanding postseason that's impossible to argue with last year, but I still argue with it.

Big Ben is by far the best AFC North QB in quite awhile now. I think everyone else has been "Not terrible with a great defense." Although Flacco was on a huge hot streak last post season.

Nice find on the hands. the point i'm trying to make is to take a beating at the qb position, height and weight help, mostly weight tho

Ideally you get rid of the ball fast enough to the point where you don't take a beating.

Imagine a Burfict or Ward drilling Manning. Oh it doesn't happen because a manning gets rid of the ball fast.

See drew brees. Doesn't get killed because he gets rid of the ball fast, accurately, and to the correct read.

That's what we need. I don't care if he's 6'5 or 5'2 if he can make the right read and get rid of it fast then he's good. Scrambling is a bonus IMO.

Ben Roethlisberger: Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m) Weight: 241 lb (109 kg

Joe Flacco: Height: 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) Weight: 239 lb (108 kg)

Andy Dalton:Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)

Brian Hoyer: Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) Weight: 215 lb (98 kg

Brandon Weeden: Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)

We all know how Weeden turned out. Verdict still out on Hoyer. I just believe you need a big body QB for the AFCN. It's a defensive division, and QB's get hit a a lot in this division. That being said.

Johnny Manziel: Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 210 lb (95 kg)

Blake Bortles: Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 230 lb (104 kg)

Manziels style wont fit in the AFCN.

Never realized Flacco was as big as Ben. He plays like a girl though, goes down easy.

height makes a big difference when you are able to see downfield over 6'5" defenders, other wise those 3 seconds of trying to get rid of the ball are wasted by trying to see through lanes to find a receiver.

big ben looks like hercules when four defenders have their hands on him trying to bring him down and he breaks away to find a wide open receiver because all the corners/safeties/lbs have moved up thinking there is a sack.

russell wilson, as much as i love the guy, would not last in the AFCN. sorry. it's just the way it is.

height makes a big difference when you are able to see downfield over 6'5" defenders, other wise those 3 seconds of trying to get rid of the ball are wasted by trying to see through lanes to find a receiver.

big ben looks like hercules when four defenders have their hands on him trying to bring him down and he breaks away to find a wide open receiver because all the corners/safeties/lbs have moved up thinking there is a sack.

russell wilson, as much as i love the guy, would not last in the AFCN. sorry. it's just the way it is.

even the mighty hercules has to find throwing lanes...

While I am with you on most every other scrambling/ running QB, mik... I think Wilson is the exception.

Wilson is short, but not small. And he runs "smart" with a field awareness that keeps him out of harms way. Like some running backs, he's just one of those runners on which it is hard to put a big hit.

Archived