THE BROWNS BOARD

uni fags...what happened?

miktoxic

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Icedawg or something like that got himself banned trying to get you banned and his uni thread disappeared with him. Guys told him to stop being a puss and that he would need thicker skin to last here. He then exposed himself as an impostor by putting down the team, fans, and city. I think an admin hit him with the ban hammer after that. Just letting you know in case you missed it lol.

Ya I was on my phone, didn't have Admin controls,when he came out of the closet, I flagged him as a spammer and that made all of his posts and threads he started disappear. Didn't mean to take away the uni thread, but I'm sure someone will start another one soon.

Z

Ugly.

You forgot the "F"...

Bring back the white face masks... there I've recreated my contribution to the outcast Uni thread...

RIP Icepup...

Yes the browns colors are difficult to make look appealing. There's no doubt about that

Umm ... Maybe if you are Coach Pettine's teenage daughter and you are trying to accessorize your purse.

They are great football colors.

2007-cleveland-browns.jpg

I did like the white facemasks though.

t_41989.jpg

Zombo

Taking a page from the ProBowl playbook on their uniforms. I really liked the names on the back of the jerseys in orange writing.

We need orange pants. You could really make the Brown and Orange and White into a really neat and cool design on the uniforms if they just put some fucking effort into them.

Cleveland browns fans think so not too many other people. Merchandising sales seem to back it up

Team colors are at the bottom of the barrel of things to consider when you look at merchandising statistics for Browns gear nationwide. Ongoing losing record, bad reputation, etc all grossly outweigh that.

You don't like the orange name color on the backs of the jerseys? It would probably look tight on the brown jerseys.

Team colors are at the bottom of the barrel of things to consider when you look at merchandising statistics for Browns gear nationwide. Ongoing losing record, bad reputation, etc all grossly outweigh that.

Beat me to it.

Zombo

Okay, I agree with you that winning is the cure-all for every woe this organization experiences but realistically, what does the merchandisers or apparel designers have to do with us winning? The only thing they can control is giving us a modernized design to go along with the times while keeping the HELMET and COLORS the same. That's all I'm sayin.

Okay, I agree with you that winning is the cure-all for every woe this organization experiences but realistically, what does the merchandisers or apparel designers have to do with us winning? The only thing they can control is giving us a modernized design to go along with the times while keeping the HELMET and COLORS the same. That's all I'm sayin.

If you had your way you would have this:

bedwetter-uniforms.jpg

Cleveland browns fans think so not too many other people. Merchandising sales seem to back it up

Merchandising sales are a reflection of how popular teams are.....and popularity is determined by how much winning a team does.

In the Browns case their merchandising sales are not a reflection of their color scheme.....but of their shitty record over many years now.

Ya Follow?

If the Browns win a couple Super Bowls in a row, they will sell more shit than anyone else.

Precisely. They have nothing to do with winning. So leave well enough alone and get some winners in here.

Merchandising sales are a reflection of how popular teams are.....and popularity is determined by how much winning a team does.

In the Browns case their merchandising sales are not a reflection of their color scheme.....but of their shitty record over many years now.

Ya Follow?

If the Browns win a couple Super Bowls in a row, they will sell more shit than anyone else.

Exactly the Browns uniforms are inherently no more ugly that the Steelers or Green Bay's- and those haven't changed in years.

BTW, I could live with that scheme they used at the Pro Bowl, but those all brown pants have to be changed- Dieken said the orange pants made him feel like pumpkin- the all-brown pants look like walking turds. Needs some other color accents like the Seahawks.

Ya Follow?

The Cowboys, Raiders & Redskins say hello.. All 3 very popular teams that don't win and sell a ton of merchandise..

Exactly the Browns uniforms are inherently no more ugly that the Steelers or Green Bay's- and those haven't changed in years.

BTW, I could live with that scheme they used at the Pro Bowl, but those all brown pants have to be changed- Dieken said the orange pants made him feel like pumpkin- the all-brown pants look like walking turds. Needs some other color accents like the Seahawks.

At least we don't have the bumble bee unis. As far as I'm concerned that's good enough.

It's hard to market a losing franchise. Hillis jerseys did fairly well if I reemmber correctly. Why? Cause he was a tank that made the ESPN highlight reels. Good players will hvae that effect. We play well and get good players here, merchandise sales will go up. Teams like the Yankees and Cowboys sell merchandise even if they were to suck every year. It's just a culture thing, you can't compete with that. There are people in 3rd world countries that will wear yankees and cowboy shit while not entirely even realizing what sport those logo's even come from. We can't nor should we try to compete with that from a marketing perspective. For us, wins drive the sales. No more no less.

The Cowboys, Raiders & Redskins say hello.. All 3 very popular teams that don't win and sell a ton of merchandise..

yep and they haven't changed a thing since the beginning of time.

BUT they are 'america's team'. the 'gangsta team' and the 'RG3 team'.

nation's capital has a lot to do with the sales of those unis since they haven't won shit except the contempt of every native american and the luxury of stoopid tourists bussing in from idaho looking for a memorabilia piece for their grandson.

hey kid, don't look into the microwave and watch the food cook.

yep and they haven't changed a thing since the beginning of time.

BUT they are 'america's team'. the 'gangsta team' and the 'RG3 team'.

Not to mention in the case of the Cowboys, they are on TV all the damn time and although they haven't "won" anything lately, they've been in the playoff hunt on the last weekend of the season for the last bunch of years. Something I would trade one of my kids for us to be able to say about the Browns.

God,I dont want gay lookin shit like Seattle or Tennessee has...ughhh!..Keep it simple...Metallic orange helmets and maybe a wet like sheen on the unis...simplify the striping a bit and thats all...and oh..white face masks again...

Archived