THE BROWNS BOARD

Bortles?

LBC mike

I dont think their level of competition stacks up to A&M..They won a BCS game but week after week A&M competition was tougher

It's not like UCF didn't face good talent. They played South Carolina tough, they beat Lousiville, they beat Penn State. The competition argument is normally well warranted, but Bortles played probably the second toughest schedule of any of the big QB's, Bridgewater included.

It matters NOTHING in college.

Can they beat Pittspuke and Ratbirds is all that matters

No one cares what you did in college, when you get the the NFL

I hear ya! For my draft pick Id rather have Manziel....he makes a lot of plays that Bortles IMO would never make...I think the draft pick is best spent on Manziel. Time will tell

What you have to ask yourself is can he pull off those playground looking big plays in the NFL? I like Bortles over Manziel because I think his game translates better to the NFL. But that's just my opinion and we all know what they way about opinions.

The buzz around Bortles reminds me a bit of the buzz around Tennehill a few years back... Big, strong and with a high ceiling but could use 2-3 years to really be productive (same with Big Ben) - he is intriguing but I would rather have TB or Manzel....

Archived